Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:09 AM Last edited by Isa-WP : 8th Mar 2018 at 1:04 PM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims keep calling asking for non-resident sims
In my game there are two households that keep getting calls for sims that don't live there anymore. It seems to happen when a good date or outing triggers an invite to go on an outing with the sim, but before that can happen, the sim has moved out. Is this a known problem? Is there something I can do about it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 3:26 AM
It's something that's happened to me before, and the only thing that stops it is a neighborhood reset or emptying out that house.

If you don't want to move the whole family out, you can induce a reset by pulling or adding certain significant CC, such as the Visitor Controller. But it will effect every household.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Alchemist
#3 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 12:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
It's something that's happened to me before, and the only thing that stops it is a neighborhood reset or emptying out that house.

If you don't want to move the whole family out, you can induce a reset by pulling or adding certain significant CC, such as the Visitor Controller. But it will effect every household.

I hope this it still on topic, @Peni Griffin, but, can you say what this kind of reset will do, exactly? I ask, because if I google reset neighborhood, it talks about putting everything back to the default and I know that is not what is meant by this, but I see this kind of reset mentioned in different CC instructions. What is this kind of reset doing?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 1:57 PM
She means the reset you get when you install or pull a global mod, so sims asleep will be standing by the bed, sims who were at work or school will be home (not the best time to do a reset) Not resetting the hood file.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#5 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 2:31 PM
Anything like the Visitor Controller that changes the Main Tree op-codes for sims causes them all to re-start their main effectively resetting them and what ever they were saved interacting with. The impact on the game is dramatic enough to be considered a game re-set, even though it's just the sims that get reset. It can fix a multitude of problems but if any sims are at work or school at the time they'll be abruptly brought home and could get penalized for missing school or work. May pay to complete any holidays and get the sims safely home before deliberately doing it.
Alchemist
#6 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 7:14 PM
Got it, thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Mar 2018 at 8:55 PM
Luckily, I found a kinder way for the neighbourhood to do it, I think. It only works well for sims that live with other playables, except for Uni, but I'll explain that later. Summon or invite the sim that the calls are for, a little bit before that call happens (usually around 20:00/8 PM), make them selectable with the SimBlender, move them in with the SimBlender (under 'Family...') otherwise they can't use or pick up the phone, let them pick up the phone and just decline. Save, go to the household they are supposed to be in, summon or invite them back (this is why they can't live alone), move them in with the SimBlender. Save, done. For Uni, you can just invite or summon them and make them selectable with the SimBlender, they will be able to use the phone. Then just make them unselectable, say goodbye and they leave like any other visitor. If the sim is not a student and lives alone, I'm afraid you have to move them out the traditional way and restore the family funds with cheats or SimPE.
It's annoying to have to jump through all these hoops, but at the very least you get rid of these phone calls that you can't do anything with. And you don't have to move a whole family out or cause a reset.
Thanks for the replies everyone and if someone knows a better method, I would still like to hear it!