Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 8:48 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life
Custom Content Won't Install (Crashes) In Sims 3 Launcher
Hey guys, I apologize if this question is solved somewhere else here on these forums, but I can't find it if it is. So I'm going to ask and hope that someone can be kind and give me some answers!
So I recently bought an awesome new computer that's built to multi-task very quickly and has TONS of RAM memory. I've had it for 2 weeks now and it never crashes or takes longer than 10 seconds to load stuff. It's the best investment I've ever made, I think. I was very excited to install all my Sims 3 games as well as my mods and custom content. With QUICK success I was able to download all my sims games as well as dozens of mods, and they are all working so smoothly in the game.
However, the sims store content and custom content (stuff from the sims resource mostly) are not installing at all. I have got them all downloaded and they are all displaying in the launcher under "downloads", but when I click to install them, none of them work. I have reasons to believe that my computer is definitely capable of installing multiple custom content files at once, since it installed the entire Sims 3 game in under half an hour. However, even when I try to install one file, regardless of what it is (object, CAS, world, etc.) it doesn't work. What happens immediately is I click on the file, and a screen tries to pop up to show that it's downloading, but instead I get "Sims 3 has stopped working: A problem caused the program to stop working correctly... etc." And I have only one option which is to close the program. It does this every single time, even if I restart the launcher. I feel as if this is the launcher glitching and not my computer. Also, there are NO error signs on the files. None of them have any icons under the "status" column. I've seen error icons before on some of my files, so I deleted them. But some of these I know should work, as they've worked on my previous computer (such as Riverview) and now I can't get ANYTHING at all because it constantly "stops working".
I'm not like computer savvy and I'm not a gigantic simmer... but I know that in the past, on my old dinosaur computer, if I tried to install things too quickly or too much of them, that it would glitch or stop working. But there's no reason why my brand new computer can't install even one mini little custom content file. I'm running Windows 10 and I have all my games and well as content up-to-date. Any idea what's up and how to fix this? Thank you so much.
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 10:45 AM
Things I can think of to try:
-Run Launcher as an administrator
-Try installing your Launcher content with all other mods and hacks removed
-Try excluding Sims 3 and Launcher from being scanned by your antivirus software
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 8:33 PM
Ahhhhh YES! I am so happy! I did all 3 at once and it worked! I think maybe it was my anti-virus and the mods interfering with it. I'm just so glad I can get it all installed now. You're such a big help! Thank you!! :lovestruc
Might I add that it installed over 600 custom content material in 5 minutes... lol time to get simmin' haha
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#4 Old 7th Dec 2017 at 4:40 AM
Oh good, well done for fixing it!