Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 5:22 PM
Default Creating parents with Nraas mod/Genetic question
I wonder how the Sims 3 genetic works, I mean there is some percent of chance that some facial/body feature wil be inherited from a grandparent, right?
If I create to the already existing Sim X some parent in Cas (Sim 0) and then make them relatives with Nraad Master Controller will children of Sim 1 inherit any features from the Sim 1? If not, why?
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:20 PM
IIRC, no, because Sims 3 genetics are not as sophisticated as they were in Sims 2.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Alchemist
#3 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 6:53 PM
Well, my sim just had triplets and all three kids had the same hair color as their grandfather. Two of them had the same eye color, as well. Could've been just coincidence but not a first time in my game, though.
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 9:24 PM
If you add a parent sim via Master Controller I would assume they are related by family tree but not by genetics. Maybe this is something the guys at NRAAS can answer, @igazor?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Jan 2017 at 11:44 PM
If you are using NRaas StoryProgression's Advanced Genetics option (SP Population module required), then sims can inherit genetic attributes from their grandparents, provided their grandparents have a presence in the world being played, living or dead. It doesn't matter how the family ties are brought into existence, it can be from birth, CAS when the sims were originally created, or it could have been by MC Cheats to add family ties.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:29 PM
My sims always takes genes from their grandparents, whether it's hair color or eye color, which is very annoying, because i specifically select my sims's spouses by their genes, so when two brunettes have a blonde baby, it annoys me more than it should.
Instructor
#8 Old 18th Jan 2017 at 6:59 PM
I actually love when the mutation for 2 brunettes to have a blond baby happens because it actually is realistic if both parents had parents who were blond. That and I just have a soft spot for blond and redhead children due to my likings toward the Habsburgs particularly Charles II of Spain with their strawberry blond hair, as well as my liking towards the evil children from Village Of The Damned and the children of the Countess in American Horror Story Hotel.