Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:03 PM
Default Empty lifo txtr files
I'm very new to defaulting/editing stuff in SIMPE, but I have a questions which I can't seem to find an answer to. LIFO files are high resolution texture files you are supposed to extract when editing stuff, right? But all my LIFO files (literally, every. god. damn. file.) is empty. Why is that? For clothes I've extracted them through bodyshop to get them in high resolution, but I'm working on defaulting the toothpaste accessory and that one I can't extract through bodyshop - and the LIFO file is empty. However, the lower resolution files are there with textures, but not the LIFO file which I need. Am I doing something wrong? I've uploaded a picture of the empty LIFO file if I wasn't clear enough I've tried extracting the empty LIFO txtr file but I get no option to save it somewhere, since duh - it's empty

(I've tried searching the creation forum here on MTS and google, but I didn't find anything. If I just suck at searching - I apologize.)

I thank anybody in advance :lovestruc
Screenshots
Advertisement
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#2 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:17 PM
What you have there is a link to the LIFO resource via the TXR resources. You need to open the game files to get the LIFO resources. You can find them in the objects7 thru objects9 packages.

https://hugelunatic.com/?p=779
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HugeLunatic
What you have there is a link to the LIFO resource via the TXR resources. You need to open the game files to get the LIFO resources. You can find them in the objects7 thru objects9 packages.

https://hugelunatic.com/?p=779

Ahh okay, that explains it! I'll check there :lovestruc
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:41 PM
I found the LIFO file in Objects07 like you said, but the resolution is still 128 x 64. The default replacements here for example, they are 514 x 256. Am I missing something? Or is the toothpaste and toothbrush that low in resolution? Or am I looking in the wrong place again?

(I really appreciate the help!)
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:17 PM
Yea, I'm pretty sure the original LIFO of the toothpaste is that small. Lots of the textures are. When you make a new texture, you can increase the size, as long as you leave the ratio the same. In that upload, their reference pictures were probably quite large. So when they manipulated it to fit the game image, it wasn't horribly blurry.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:30 PM
Ohh okay, thank you very much for your help!