Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#2451 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:13 PM
I tend to look at my furniture and think of how many tiles it would take up if I moved it

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2452 Old 26th Feb 2018 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
I tend to look at my furniture and think of how many tiles it would take up if I moved it

I do the same thing. I actually did it when moving apartments and trying to figure out how to arrange it in my new room. It helped to some extent.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2453 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:23 PM
When you wish cars in real life worked like Sim cars (I've never seen a Sim car break down. Something I would like to have in real life after my battery died this afternoon. (Or at least I think its the battery. All I know is that the (expletive) car wouldn't start after I finished getting it emission tested.)
Mad Poster
#2454 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:29 PM
How about wishing you didn't have to shovel the snow off your car, off your driveway...Oh! and of course, I wish I could afford the one I want. lol

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#2455 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 11:45 PM
Being in Southern Arizona I don't have to ever shovel snow, but the down side is that the heat we get in the summer majorly shortens the life of car batteries. I do agree about it being easier in Sims to buy cars (mine is 15 years old and falling apart, my part time job is only giving me 8 hours a week, and there is no way I can afford to buy even a "new" used car that isn't falling apart.)
Mad Poster
#2456 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 12:05 AM
Oh! And I thought warm weather was making cars live longer. Here with our crazy winters..rust caused by calcium because they put salt in the streets etc...
My dream car is old as me. It's a 1974...hehe. Still, I wish it was easy to find/buy it!

Mad Poster
#2457 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 9:59 AM
When you momentarily forget that OMSPs aren't needed in real life.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Instructor
#2458 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:25 PM

I do the same! I go even further and see how many tiles each room in my house is. When I do that, I usually see if it's plausible to make my room in the game itself and whether things in my house are usable by sims. Usually not

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Mad Poster
#2459 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 8:30 PM
It's easy. A fridge is one tile. And my couch is 3.

Mad Poster
#2460 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 3:37 AM
When you watch a movie and then while trying to fall asleep keep thinking about how each character's memories would look if they were a sim...
Scholar
#2461 Old 12th Mar 2018 at 4:08 AM
The computer that I can use for TS2 isn’t mine all of the time so I’m just sitting here like “god I wish I were playing right now”
Mad Poster
#2462 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
It's easy. A fridge is one tile. And my couch is 3.

Seem like 1 Sim tile = 2 RL feet, for most things.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Field Researcher
#2463 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TotallySimsCrazy
I do the same! I go even further and see how many tiles each room in my house is. When I do that, I usually see if it's plausible to make my room in the game itself and whether things in my house are usable by sims. Usually not

I built my house in game at one point, just to see if I could.

Not terribly successfully, as this was years ago before the LotAdjuster (or even the LotExpander) and I live in a mid terrace. So I had to squash it onto a 2 tile wide lot with next door's house beside it as a dummy. But everything fitted, even though the hallway and kitchen were a series of routing failures just waiting to happen.

I must try it again sometime, as I think it'll scale a lot better at 10 tiles wide than the 8 I had to give it back then.
Lab Assistant
#2464 Old 13th Mar 2018 at 10:36 PM
When the local fire hydrants have a certain saturated blue colour of reflectors added to them and the first few times you noticed your headlights reflecting on them at night thought, "Oh no, flashing blue fire hydrants. Must be missing a texture, I'd better go try to fix-- wait, what?"
Test Subject
#2465 Old 14th Mar 2018 at 9:18 PM
When you can't walk past (or spot) a nice looking house or building without immediately thinking "ooh, let's build a replica of that!"
Field Researcher
#2466 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 1:37 PM
Bella Goth appears in your dreams.
Scholar
#2467 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 8:06 PM

Me too. Though building my flat in-game would be fun, if only to see what my Sims think of having the fridge two rooms away from the nearest preparation surface, and the cooker two rooms away from the nearest chair...
Top Secret Researcher
#2468 Old 16th Mar 2018 at 10:04 PM
When you see a nice floor or wall surface and wonder if you can find similar or make your own, then take a photo.
Instructor
#2469 Old 17th Mar 2018 at 10:18 AM
I do that way too much I remember a few years ago being in a carpet shop and just snapping pictures of everything. I've yet to make them, though.

Formally known as TotallySimsCrazy. Still addicted to custom content.
Simblr
Field Researcher
#2470 Old 20th Mar 2018 at 2:43 AM
When you are walking down the street without headphones and suddenly a Sims 2 theme starts playing in your head. In my case, it is usually Lemon Jelly - Sims 2 Theme. Or Junkie XL - Sims UNI Theme if am headed to, well, university, precisely.

Should I be worried?
Mad Poster
#2471 Old 24th Mar 2018 at 11:58 PM
When you set up a conversion preset in foobar2000 to convert songs for the in-game stereo.

Mad Poster
#2472 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:42 PM
You start to resent the natural stone paving floor tiles, because TS2 makes it look so easy, and when you're trying to achieve the same thing in your backyard it's a monumental, all-day-long project to even get the pattern right for a short path, and then several more days to actually get the rocks set correctly.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Inventor
#2473 Old 25th Mar 2018 at 10:49 PM
You press 'P' to pause a YouTube video but remember you're not playing sims (I've once did this over 5 times and wondered why it wouldn't pause)
Mad Poster
#2474 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 4:42 AM
I use the zero key on the number pad to pause my game. That doesn't work with Youtube either - it just restarts the video from the beginning. Very frustrating, but I haven't learned yet and keep doing it.
Mad Poster
#2475 Old 26th Mar 2018 at 5:33 AM
I've typed motivedecay off into Half-Life 1 when I meant godmode.

Page 99 of 115