Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:20 PM
Default Locals won't do gestures!
My sims went on a vacation to Twikii Island and they have a wish to learn a local gesture. I read that you have to see a local performing the gesture on someone or greeting him that way but every local I see greets other sims normally, with a handshake. Why won't they do it and what should I do?
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 2:39 PM
Patience, grasshopper. They might not do it the first lot you go on, just go about your vacation as usual but keep an eye out. If you really think something is wrong with your game you can always google the issue and see if it has happened to other people - or wait on here and see if anyone has had the same issue but I just think it's taking it's time - it took me forever to find a hula dancer.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 3:10 PM
I went to every lot in the Island and stayed there for quite some time but still nothing. But I'll wait.
Scholar
#4 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 4:34 PM
I had the same annoyance on my sim's vacation, it will happen eventually...like when you've lost your keys etc, as soon as you stop panicking & stop actively looking for it, they turn up

*helpful hint: just to save space & time, if you have multiple questions about the same pack (ie: Bon Voyage) include them in a single thread
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 4:34 PM
Is your game hacked at all? Are your vacation locals custom made?

There are hacks that suppress the greetings. If you make custom vacation locals there is a very particular way to do it so that they get the gestures and dances/tai chi. Either of those would be my obvious pick for lack of greetings.

The easy way to learn the dances/tai chi is to plop down a lot that is absolutely empty of anything else to do--in Twikkii or Three Lakes put a stereo on it, in Takemizu, nothing. And if you have ACR turn it off on that lot. With nothing else to do to get their fun up, the locals will get right to it.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 5:39 PM
Solved the problem. They appeared by themselves. Thanks.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Nov 2013 at 6:16 PM
If you have Apartment Life, this mod by Cyjon increases the chance of a local performing a gesture towards you if you socialize with them. It's not perfect, but it's better than the default "Someone please gesture at me!" fiasco.