Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 7:53 PM Last edited by Prince Avalanche : 4th Dec 2013 at 8:13 PM.
Default Hidden Burrow
I unhid the Hidden Burrow where Bigfoot lives but I can't find it on the Neighborhood map and I looked all over the Three Lakes Neighborhood map. Where is it so I can add more stuff to it? I used Lot Adjuster to unhide the lot.

Prince Avalanche
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:38 PM
You'll need a camera mod to see the entire neighborhood. See here.

However, I seriously don't think you should be messing with those hidden lots, as they are quite glitchy.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 9:59 PM
Thanks and I'm using the clean templates that I downloaded from a Live Journal.

Prince Avalanche
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 4th Dec 2013 at 11:13 PM
Even with clean templates, messing with things that EA/Maxis didn't intend you to touch is B.A.D. Custom templates either 1. Fix corruption that's in the hood (only applies to pre-made neighborhoods), or 2. Give you a neighborhood that's 100% devoid of Sims, so you can generate your own. After that, they just become like any other hood, corruptible. In your case, the Bon Voyage secret lots are something that EAxis made and didn't intend anyone to modify them (Don't get me wrong - there ARE hidden lots that EAxis probably intended for you to find them, such as the hidden lot in Belladonna Cove). I would suggest you back up your hood before attempting.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 12:17 AM
Thanks and I was thinking about making the Westwood Boarding School a home for Bigfoot. What will happen to the original hidden lot if I make that a hidden vacation lot? It is well furnished and I think Bigfoot will feel right at home there. It has a residential mailbox already there. Will he show up there?

Prince Avalanche
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 12:36 AM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 12:44 AM
Oh and thanks.

Prince Avalanche
Mad Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:07 AM
If you want to play around with Bigfoot I'd suggest getting one of your sims to ask him to move in. Then you can put him in whatever lot you want.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:51 AM
Sounds good.

Prince Avalanche
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 2:55 AM
Be sure to actually move in Bigfoot the "correct" way (That is, socializing with the Bigfoot in the Hidden Burrow lot until the "Propose.../Move In" interaction appears). Do not use any other method of moving in Bigfoot, especially if the options say "*NPC Bigfoot Bigfoot" (or something like that), as that will move in the Bigfoot template, located in the objects.package file. Doing so will cause game corruption, requiring a full reinstall.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 3:28 AM
Thanks.

Prince Avalanche
Alchemist
#12 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:40 AM
Well, I'm not suggesting you to mess with the hidden lots, but I found this thread quite interesting to read.

Just call me Nikel
Site Helper
#13 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 4:27 PM
I'm a great believer in backups. If you make your installation files read-only, so that you can't destroy your game installation, and then you backup your save game, there's probably no harm in editing the hidden lots. If you destroy things, you can always restore from backup.

You'll probably need to load the lot (using the loadLot cheat?), change to residential or community (depending upon the lot), make the changes, then use the changeLotZoning cheat to see whether you've really mucked things up.

However, if you just want the lot as a playable lot, that's probably even easier. backup your save game, load the lot and change to residential or community, then package the lot. Restore from your backup and then install the new lot and make the changes that you want.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 9:43 PM
Thanks. Where do I use that LoadLot cheat at? Just asking. I made a backup of the Mountain Vacation Lot already and it is stored in a different folder than the game is installed in.

Prince Avalanche
Site Helper
#15 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:05 PM
Documented here:
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...hborhood_Cheats

Note the requirement that the game is started in debug mode. Try running the cheat in the neighborhood view.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:16 PM
Thanks.

Prince Avalanche
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:26 PM
An easy way to have a Bigfoot is to use Bigfoot in a box from simwardrobe. Not that I've ever used it myself but I use other mods from there with no problems. My guess is he will add another NPC character file to your game and is probably one of those things that should not just be pulled out once installed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Top Secret Researcher
#18 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
An easy way to have a Bigfoot is to use Bigfoot in a box from simwardrobe. Not that I've ever used it myself but I use other mods from there with no problems. My guess is he will add another NPC character file to your game and is probably one of those things that should not just be pulled out once installed.

I have that in my game. Not that I've used it before, but from what I understand is that it does what the game does at Hidden Burrow - make a copy of the Bigfoot Template in the objects.package file, and add playable character data to it. Removing that object from the Downloads folder does not cause any problems (because if it did SW would've placed a warning). To be safe, be sure to make all your game files read-only.

Unless I'm wrong.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 10:51 PM
I thought that is what would happen. Anything that makes character data you have to be careful with, like Rebeka's sheep and multi poly tech packs and so on. I know I corrupted my hoods by removing the animals, hopefully not so badly now as I reinstalled them all. It was all on a thread here. My files came read only, a bonus of 64 bit I think. Most downloads that make new character data have no warnings!

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 11:23 PM
Will that fill in the vacation memento that they made a furry friend or not?

Prince Avalanche
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#21 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 11:31 PM
I don't know as it doesn't say. You will find it under 'Other objects' I do like the fact it comes in two versions with the realistic version only coming with skills and badges that make sense.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Dec 2013 at 11:34 PM
Thanks and I got the normal Bigfoot.

Prince Avalanche
Mad Poster
#23 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 3:30 AM
I remember reading somewhere that Bigfoot's house doesn't have a toilet. Which makes it almost required to edit if you want to spend a reasonable amount of time there.
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 3:46 AM
Or you can use cheats like me. The maxmotives cheat, or loading the lot with testingcheatsenabled and dragging their motive bars up, will prevent Sims from pissing themselves in front of their new friend. That certainly wouldn't be very pleasant...
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#25 Old 6th Dec 2013 at 4:43 AM
I've moved in Bigfoot twice without any cheats, you just need to have needs high. It would help to have all the perks from FT related to needs ticked.

~Call me Jo~
Page 1 of 2