Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2018 at 7:50 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Worlds with dive lots crashing repeatedly?
The title pretty much says it all! Whenever I try to play a world with even one dive lot, no matter the size of the world, my game will crash within 5-10 minutes of starting the game.

Fixes I have tried
  • Clearing cache files and the like
  • Removing custom content and mods
  • Changing graphics settings
  • Trying different world sizes (I usually only play on tiny worlds anyway)
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling my game

Computer Specs
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.40 GHz
RAM: 8.00 GB (7.89 usable)
System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

My game is updated to the 1.69 patch and I currently have all EPs installed, but no SPs.

*Also, I should note that worlds without dive lots usually run quite well on my computer, save for the occasional crash or freezing here and there considering my computer isn't the best machine out there.

If you have any ideas, please let me know!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 12:25 AM
May I ask what you have for a graphics card? If you are on integrated Intel graphics or have a dedicated card of insufficient strength, it could just be that the dive lots are too much for it to handle. IP is considered one of the heavier EPs, probably around #4 out of the 11 for the stress that it puts on systems, standing in line behind Pets, Seasons, and ITF. Your processor is already kind of borderline for what you are throwing at it, as it seems you already recognize.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 26th Apr 2018 at 1:20 PM
As igazor mentioned it might be your system but here is one thought to consider: Are you trying to put the dive lot in a custom world? I have experienced this with custom worlds that were not built to add dive spots. Same might apply for EA worlds.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 5:52 PM
I have an Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 card. And both custom worlds as well as Isla Paradiso from the IP pack crash with dive lots.

@nitromon what do you mean by a clean run?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 6:17 PM
Sorry to answer for the Nitrodude, but he means pull your TS3 user game folder out of Documents completely (you can put it back later) and try on the clean, no-content game folder that will replace it on the next launch.

Where you said you tried different graphics settings, if you haven't already you might try turning all of them down to the bare ugly minimum and switching off Advanced Rendering (it's a checkbox on the same screen) just as a test to see if something different happens besides not enjoying the game session that way because it won't look nearly as nice. You might be expecting too much from that Intel HD, it's not a dedicated graphics card and there are limitations that integrated graphics bring to the game with the heavier hitting EPs especially.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 4th May 2018 at 12:07 AM
Thanks to everyone who helped out! Unfortunately I think my computer is just not strong enough to run worlds with dive lots. Ah, well; maybe someday in the future if I ever get a better machine!