Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:13 PM
Default I can't play after patching?
Recently,The Sims 3 asked me if i wanted to patch to 1.67.I said Yes.After a hour it finished patching and when i wanted to play,it says: "You have installed an unofficial game modification...".This error gets me on my nerves.I got it like a million of times even when installing an expansion pack.I don't have ANY mods at all and i never installed one,but i have some CC tho.I read about this error and got a crack for the patch.Same thing.I removed my CC still nothing.

Help?
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 4:53 PM
I gave up on game patches and have stayed at 1.55 because of all the issues caused by updates. We always hope the next patch from EA will be the magic fix all to the crashes and lags in the game, but are always more than a little disappointed each time we try their latest and greatest patch, only to find it the cause of a total system failure. Then we lose whatever we were playing as we have to remove all CC, uninstall and reinstall TS3 and any expansion packs... then load in CC a handful at a time, hoping to find the needle in the haystack that conflicts with the new patch and is crashing the game.

So, you may have to uninstall and reinstall your game. You can save a copy of your current game and files and try to reload them after you reinstall TS3. It usually doesn't work for me and I just have to start a new game.

How many years of this and how many patches, and EA still hasn't fixed the three issues that almost everyone complains about... lock up, lag and crashes!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jun 2014 at 5:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LadySmoks
I gave up on game patches and have stayed at 1.55 because of all the issues caused by updates. We always hope the next patch from EA will be the magic fix all to the crashes and lags in the game, but are always more than a little disappointed each time we try their latest and greatest patch, only to find it the cause of a total system failure. Then we lose whatever we were playing as we have to remove all CC, uninstall and reinstall TS3 and any expansion packs... then load in CC a handful at a time, hoping to find the needle in the haystack that conflicts with the new patch and is crashing the game.

So, you may have to uninstall and reinstall your game. You can save a copy of your current game and files and try to reload them after you reinstall TS3. It usually doesn't work for me and I just have to start a new game.

How many years of this and how many patches, and EA still hasn't fixed the three issues that almost everyone complains about... lock up, lag and crashes!

They are too lazy to fix their bugs.
I hope Sims 4 won't be like this.Its been months im waiting for it and i don't wanna be disappointed.