Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2018 at 11:31 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
How can I Reduce my Game's Memory usage?
I'm Tired of my game Crashing do to high Memory Usage, Help me out.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 12:30 AM
If you can't or won't upgrade your PC, you probably need to do some ingame changes.

Make sure it's memory issues and not CC issues. If the game crashes in certain build/buy/CAS areas, CC is more likely to be the problem.

If you're sure it's memory crashes, you can try things like the 4GB mod (lets the game use 4 GB instead of the default 2 GB of RAM). If that doesn't help, you can do things like reduce your amount of CC, use less CC on lots, fewer sims, use lower-poly CC with smaller textures, use smaller lots, and have less stuff in the neighborhoods.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 3:01 AM Last edited by igazor : 31st Dec 2018 at 8:40 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
If you're sure it's memory crashes, you can try things like the 4GB mod (lets the game use 4 GB instead of the default 2 GB of RAM).

This hasn't been necessary since Patch 1.17 when TS3 became Large Address Aware (LAA) on Windows. The game will reach for more RAM up to just short of 4 GB when it needs to, if the RAM is available for use.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st Dec 2018 at 11:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GraveMan
I'm Tired of my game Crashing do to high Memory Usage, Help me out.

Idk if it will help directly but I feel like Save_Cleaner helps a lot with my crashes in large hoods.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 5:23 PM
I like using large neighborhoods will the Save Cleaner alone be enough, or do I need more than just install it?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 6:00 PM
Save Cleaner is a utility that you point at your saved game when TS3 is not running and run it to "clean" the save file. It doesn't do anything on its own.

There are some very large custom made worlds that are beautiful but just don't work well because of the game's 32-bit imposed RAM limitations. Famous examples are Alpine County and Setra, there are others. Any world that is overpopulated will bog down especially if any form of story progression is running.

I believe that you brought this question to us at NRaas and I responded in more detail there. Or, if that wasn't you, someone else had exactly the same question on the same day at around the same time.
https://www.nraas.net/community/topic6813
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Save Cleaner is a utility that you point at your saved game when TS3 is not running and run it to "clean" the save file. It doesn't do anything on its own.

There are some very large custom made worlds that are beautiful but just don't work well because of the game's 32-bit imposed RAM limitations. Famous examples are Alpine County and Setra, there are others. Any world that is overpopulated will bog down especially if any form of story progression is running.

I believe that you brought this question to us at NRaas and I responded in more detail there. Or, if that wasn't you, someone else had exactly the same question on the same day at around the same time.
https://www.nraas.net/community/topic6813
thanks, I would also like to To know if the fixes in steam community would work as well?The Sims 3 | Performance & Bug Fix Guide 2019
Mad Poster
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 6:57 PM
thanks, I would also like to To know if the fixes in steam community would work as well?The Sims 3 | Performance & Bug Fix Guide 2019

Some of them will, and some overlap with those already being talked about and linked to on the NRaas site. Some are outdated, will have no real impact, or are just plain wrong, that Steam page has always been a mixed bag of suggestions.

Certainly though if your graphic card's frame rate has not been capped and checked on in-game, that would be the highest priority over all else, assuming you have a dedicated Nvidia or AMD graphics card of sufficient strength. Where they try to demonstrate that in #3, they are using the wrong executable in the Nvidia Control Panel as for a Steam install it needs to be TS3w.exe (with the "w"). The TS3.exe is for Patch 1.69/Origin only.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 7:07 PM
Thank you, The reason why I asked is to Know if it would work or not. With all The posts on how to fix certain bugs, lag, Glitches, And FPS.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2019 at 7:25 PM Last edited by igazor : 2nd Jan 2019 at 8:37 PM.
Thank you, The reason why I asked is to Know if it would work or not. With all The posts on how to fix certain bugs, lag, Glitches, And FPS.

Okay step by step then on the Steam page.

1 - Formal graphic card recognition can't hurt, but it usually doesn't really help performance. You aren't telling us yet what you have for a GPU, though.
2 - Fine (of course). I would again add NRaas Traffic and Register to that list.
3 - Very important to do if you have a strong GPU, but with the correct executable.
4 - Is just plain wrong.
5-7 - Never heard of these elsewhere, maybe others here have.
8 - Is not a bad idea if it's done correctly.
9 - Fine, but it won't really impact performance.
10 - Only version 1.1 of SaveCleaner works with Steam and Origin/1.69 installs. Versions 2.x work with disc-only (no Origin) installs.
11-12 - Fine.
13 - Most of these are fun additions if the player wants them but won't impact performance much. A few are outdated. Too long a list to slog through right now, I'm afraid.
14 - Fine, overlaps with the NRaas page. But to me some of those like switching off animals and life states are more personal preference than performance related (on strong enough systems).