Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 1:40 AM
Default Want a Pet grave, and do I need to re-download some mod/hacks ?
Not sure if this goes in the "Help" threads.... But thought I'd check here first.
My current hood is a Strangetown version I'm creating with fewer sims.

It's from MeetMeToTheRiver LJ's Cleaned Hoods.
When you open her Strangetown, there are 65 Character files.
Which includes the tombstones in Olives' back yard.

First, how do you get a pet to die from old age, w/o waiting a long time ?

I have a lot and cat lady with 6 cats...who is being annoyed by a stray dog (Not the wolf with 'glowing eyes); and he should'nt be appearing anyway ,as I have the "no stray respawn" hack in my hood !

So I thought she could adopt him and have him die... then her lot can have a pet ghost.
Never had a pet ghost yet in my game. :p
Can I age him until he croaks with "Boolprop controlpets on" ?

I do have the visitor Controller and can just select "Ban Dogs" from the lot... but he's showing up at other lots and I just wanted him gone.

The wolves that show up for your sim to become a Werewolf aren't as annoying ; plus ... I wanted a pet ghost .

Second, I also have "No townie regen" installed in all of my hoods... and a few random, game-generated townies have been showing up.
I'm currently creating my townies in CAS as I prefer my create-ables.
When MMTTR had Clean Hoods to download... aside from the playable lots, there should only be the Loner guy and the Loste women. and there's about 2 townies called Crystal Vu and the blonde man. Not sure why some other townies are showing up ?

Third, when I started this new Strangetown from MMTTR's Clean Hoods; I also started a new Sims 2 folder in my documents folder (where my current games are played from) ... and the game started by adding all of the premade games and adding the stealth files as well.
So I removed the game -shipped hoods; and put in my current Strangetown , along with all necessary hacks and downloads.

In the past, in my HP (C) drive in the Program Filesx86 EA Games ; where the main files are for the Sims 2, I had installed EMPTY STEALTH HOODS .. which change your stealth hoods to 0 CH. Files.

So there should be no pet dogs running around in my hood at all.
I went to look at the P001 folder in my C drive and the CH files still appear as 0 or 'Empty'.

Question : Do I need to re-download the empty Stealth hood files ?
And do I need to remove the "no townie regen" and "no stray respawn " hacks, and re-download them and replace them into my documents/sims 2 /downloads folder ?

I am worried that when my pc makes a new sims 2 folder, that the hacks are damaged ??
Even though I replace them back into the downloads folder ?

Thanks for any advice.

" Inama Nushif "
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 3:52 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Jan 2019 at 4:10 PM.
About your regen question. I'm not sure I understand your question, but if you are sure you have empty stealth hood templates, then, when I started a hood with empty templates and just one sim, I expected it to stay that way, but as soon as the newspaper was due, here comes the delivery sim. When I took my last sim on earth to a community lot, here comes the Unsavory Charlatan. The game still generates what it needs, it just doesn't generate more than it needs, like, normally, there would be three Unsavory Charlatans, but there's only one.

For the pet, if you just want him to disappear and you don't have a downtown installed, you can make him a downtownie.

For the pet ghost, I haven't tried it with pets, but I have made a sim die so she could be a ghost with normal boolprop cheats. Or you can age him up with InSim or Sim Blender or one of those. Have you tried that?
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 6:51 PM
Thx, Sunrader !
Yes, I actually have two downtowns-- the main one that comes with the lots and light beams... and also an extra (different SC4 terrain) one for the story I'm making.
So I'm going to play and try to snag the extra dogs and age them .

As far as the regen mods... I understand that there has to be at least on grand vampire, for instance, but my question was why are townies appearing that I didn't create ?
With 'no townie regen', there shouldn't be any except my own created townies. so there shouldn't be any fuglies.

I have to check the 'meet me to the river' clean Strangetown--- with 65 sims (including Olives' dead ones) ; there could have been some random townies left to wander.

" Inama Nushif "
Alchemist
#4 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 7:27 PM Last edited by Sunrader : 21st Jan 2019 at 7:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tleilaxu3
Thx, Sunrader !

I have to check the 'meet me to the river' clean Strangetown--- with 65 sims (including Olives' dead ones) ; there could have been some random townies left to wander.

Yeah, maybe. Clean doesn't mean empty, after all. Yeah, I'd kinda like the option of having just one sim and only one, but haven't worked out how. If nothing else, the social bunny would show up. I wouldn't kill the leftover townies, though, I'd just make them over into the sims I do want. If you get the pet grave to work well, let us know.
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 8:20 PM
Yes-- I'll try to play late tonight/tomorrow after work and will post any results here.

" Inama Nushif "
Forum Resident
#6 Old 21st Jan 2019 at 9:07 PM
I can explain the respawned wolf at least. Unfortunately the No Stray Respawn hack doesn't prevent members of the wolf pack from respawning. As far as I can tell, all the big dogs count as members of the wolf pack, even if they aren't glowing eye wolves. I tried adopting all of the strays in my neighborhood once, and the big dogs kept coming back.
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Jan 2019 at 8:45 PM
It's "Boolprop_controlpets_on" Remove the underscores and just space bar.
Then with the SimBlender-- you can 'age' your pet 3 days at a time and eventually have your pet grave.
I hesitated to actually have the unwanted stray dog 'die'.. as I thought the game will keep making another replacement --- regardless of the "no stray respawn" hack ?

Also, the 'Visitor Controller' doesn't always get the unwanted dog (not wolf) to disappear in the blue flash.
Even when selecting "Ban All Critters". Weird.

" Inama Nushif "