Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th May 2018 at 1:18 AM Last edited by Aileena : 16th May 2018 at 1:47 AM.
Default WCIF a mod to get rid of the vampires
Hello there! I was wondering if any of you could help me. Is there any mod to get rid of the grand vampires that spawn in Downtown? I know that you can keep them away with Visitor Controller, but I want something that prevents them from being spawned at all. Thanks in advance.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 16th May 2018 at 1:33 AM
Visitor Controller put one on each lot then set it when you have a playable on the lot and your good to go for all new visits. (At least it works that way for me.)

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 16th May 2018 at 3:50 AM
As far as I know the only way to keep them from being spawned at all is to not add a Downtown.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 16th May 2018 at 5:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
As far as I know the only way to keep them from being spawned at all is to not add a Downtown.

They don't get added if you have empty templates though ONE will spawn during play - one only as long as you use the noregen mods.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Meet Me In My Next Life
#5 Old 17th May 2018 at 12:54 AM
I personally don't play the super natural like the vampires, I have a custom neighborhood but I did not add the Downtown for the exact reason.
I don't want them running through my hood or any Sims being friendly with the Blood Suckers. lol
And even in my regular neighborhood I rarely let my Sims go downtown, I created community places for them to hang out at, so they don't need to go downtown at all.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Undead Molten Llama
#6 Old 17th May 2018 at 9:45 AM
I don't know if this would work, but if you don't want to avoid having a downtown, I wonder what would happen if you simply de-vamped the "grand vampires." By that I mean, summon them to a lot and make them temporarily selectable (using the Sim Blender or whatever, but don't move them in), and then use something like the Sim Transformer to cure their vampirism. Then make them unselectable again and remove them from the lot via moveobjects. I'm not sure if the change would "stick" or, if it did, if the game wouldn't just generate new grand vamps, but it might be worth a try. I'd back up the neighborhood before you fiddle with it, though, just in case something borks.

I'm mostly found on (and mostly upload to) Tumblr these days because, alas, there are only 24 hours in a day.
Muh Simblr! | An index of my downloads on Tumblr.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th May 2018 at 11:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by iCad
I don't know if this would work, but if you don't want to avoid having a downtown, I wonder what would happen if you simply de-vamped the "grand vampires." By that I mean, summon them to a lot and make them temporarily selectable (using the Sim Blender or whatever, but don't move them in), and then use something like the Sim Transformer to cure their vampirism. Then make them unselectable again and remove them from the lot via moveobjects. I'm not sure if the change would "stick" or, if it did, if the game wouldn't just generate new grand vamps, but it might be worth a try. I'd back up the neighborhood before you fiddle with it, though, just in case something borks.

When the game next called for a vampire walkby or visit, it would just make a new one.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th May 2018 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Simonut
I personally don't play the super natural like the vampires, I have a custom neighborhood but I did not add the Downtown for the exact reason.
I don't want them running through my hood or any Sims being friendly with the Blood Suckers. lol
And even in my regular neighborhood I rarely let my Sims go downtown, I created community places for them to hang out at, so they don't need to go downtown at all.
I too don't care for vampires and other supernaturals, but I wouldn't go as far as banning my Sims from going downtown. I know a lot of my Sims like the downtown atmosphere, and some of them even live there. Because of my EPs I have an older version of the Visitor Controller: It's a global mod, rather than an object one, and, following twojeffs' instructions, I edited the BCONs to ban the Grand Vampires and allow Mrs. Crumplebottom. (I don't believe that vampires exist, but nosey old busybodies like Mrs. C. undoubtedly do exist. ) Usually it works according as I edited it, but occasionally if fails, and I've seen one of the Grand Vampires dancing naked in a gay nightclub. Not a pretty sight!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#9 Old 18th May 2018 at 12:34 AM Last edited by Simonut : 18th May 2018 at 12:45 AM.
@iCad not sure if I would risk messing around with those Vampires are they not NPC ? I'll not sure if they are or not, just the word corruption scare me.

@AndrewGloria My Sims are not completely ban I just rarely go there, I may go there just to run into Mrs, Crumplebotton I love that old hag, she funny to me and add fun to the game.
The neighborhood that do have a downtown like Pleasantview really don't have to go there I build plenty of community lots for them.

And NO never in my Custom hood I did not add the downtown there I build everything in that hood , Restaurant, clothing stores, outdoor pool and indoor pool, Clubs, coffee shops, bank Grocery store , Computer center, cemetery, park, Bowling center, shoe store, game store, book store I even have a place where Sims can play all games like pin ball, pooltable if you name it it's there. ( I am proud of that hood it's all Asians )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#10 Old 18th May 2018 at 1:32 AM
Grand Vampires aren't untouchable like Mrs. Crumplebottom. De-vamping them and moving them into your house does not corrupt your game.
Scholar
#11 Old 18th May 2018 at 3:32 AM
The first thing I ever made for sims was an item to prevent vampires, after I installed Nightlife I was stuck with a choice of either getting rid of vampires or removing Sims 2 from my computer. I have learned a bit more about the game since and no longer need to send them away on arrival but can prevent them ever appearing. CJH_VampireBlock.zip (1kb) is NOT compatible with visitor controller, if you have visitor controller installed then you will have to use that.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th May 2018 at 4:24 PM
Thank you all for your replies! I'll probably try to seek for help from experienced modders, maybe someone will be willing to make a mod like that (since there are ones to block the witches)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 19th May 2018 at 2:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aileena
Thank you all for your replies! I'll probably try to seek for help from experienced modders, maybe someone will be willing to make a mod like that (since there are ones to block the witches)

Chris just gave you a mod in the post above yours. XD
Test Subject
#14 Old 9th Jun 2018 at 7:37 PM
There are also mods to keep the vampires from biting (NPCs, or on Residential lots only, or don't bite anybody). Found at DJS Sims on this page: http://sims.jfade.com/index.php?cat...ubcat=2&skip=20

I installed the "don't bite anybody" flavor, making them all Black Ribboners ("Not One Drop", see Pratchett's Discworld for details). They still skulk about acting like Vampires, which is a hoot in winter when they're trying to skulk in ordinary outerwear.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 12:34 AM
@Charity I think it's quite clear that I wanted the mod and the Visitor Controller.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 5:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aileena
@Charity I think it's quite clear that I wanted the mod and the Visitor Controller.

Not at all actually. It sounded like you wanted something other than Visitor Controller.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 10:11 AM
Well, now you know what I actually meant There was no need to be like that anyways. I am still looking for the mod. Something like those by Neder and that are compatible with Visitor Controller. Thanks in advance.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 1:59 PM
Do you want a mod that stops the game from even generating them? Because I don't think that's possible. I think that Neder's mod just prevents them showing up, like the Visitor Controller does. If you don't want the extra NPC files though, I'm not sure that can be done without corruption.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 8th Nov 2018 at 7:54 PM
Pretty much. I never had any witches spawn and appear with that mod. I kind of think it's like an extracted part of VC because the option to toggle witches was off when I opened Visitor Controller. Like everything else was off, but the witch one was on. I hope it makes sense. I play without townies and any kind of game generated sims, so I want all of them gone.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 2:54 AM
Were they there if you opened SimPE?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#21 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 11:23 AM
Sorry I don't understand the question. Were new sims generated? No
Mad Poster
#22 Old 9th Nov 2018 at 1:08 PM
I meant if you open SimPE are there files there for them? Trying to figure out if they are not being spawned on lots or not being created at all.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 11th Nov 2018 at 4:51 PM
No, they don't spawn at all as far as I am aware.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 5:05 PM
@Aileena Do you have disabled the stealth hoods or use empty replacements? Because if I remember correctly, it could be that the head witches are actually created when the Magic stealth hood is added to the hood and that would then be why you don't have them.

Visit My Test of Time Challenge: wordpress & livejournal
Mad Poster
#25 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 6:47 PM
Having an clean and empty stealth magic hood doesn't get rid of the witches completely. I use Jawusa's clean and empty stealth hoods http://modthesims.info/d/520751/cle...-templates.html and there are still witches that show up on downtown lots that cause lag. Possibly disabling the stealth hood will stop them from existing at all.
Page 1 of 2