Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#3601 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 1:46 AM
And it actually makes calling a nanny if you're going to a community lot make sense. You're not going to be back in three seconds.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#3602 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 8:59 AM
This:
Mad Poster
#3603 Old 7th Nov 2017 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
Doesn't that turn your game into Sim3? No way I'm leaving my nincompoops to themselves; kids taken by authorities, babies created, families broken up..

Community Lot Time doesn't work that way. It only alters the way time passes in your game. It will not suddenly add a Story Progression function like Sims 3 has.

For example, Mom and Dad decide to have some time to themselves away from the kids. They leave the house at 5 pm, spend several hours at various community lots in town (a nice restaurant, a dance club, etc.) and return to their home lot at midnight. When the game loads the home lot, it will be just after the sims originally left the house at 5 pm - just like in a vanilla game. The only difference is that Mom and Dad will be missing when the lot loads. A dialog box will pop up telling you when the missing sims should arrive back and how many hours you have until then. While they're gone YOU play any sims still at home. YOU direct Grandma to look after the baby, feed the dog, etc. just like you would in an unmodded game. The big difference is that Mom and Dad should now arrive a little after midnight when they started home instead of coming home just minutes after they left like they would in a vanilla game. It takes some getting used to, but I like that there's a real reason to have a nanny now. It never made sense the original way. What difference does it make whether an adult stays home to look after the kids if the rest of the family will be home in just seconds anyway?

Note that this will not work with BV vacations. Your family will still arrive home from Twikkii Island mere minutes after they left, just like they would have without the mod. The mod was never updated after BV. I haven't yet tested it with an AL apartment lot, so I don't know how well it would work there. I don't recall ever seeing anybody mentioning any specific problems with apartment lots though.

I've only noticed one minor conflict in my heavily modded game. I use Dickhurt's mods that make taxis and other vehicles charge money. When a sim drives or takes a taxi to a community lot, a dialog box will usually pop up saying how much the trip will cost. Community Lot Time apparently interferes with this in such a way that the dialog box comes up blank. It's annoying, but since it doesn't appear to affect the way the mods work (they still charge money for trips), I'm not going to worry about it.
Mad Poster
#3604 Old 8th Nov 2017 at 12:35 PM
Apartments neighbours are pretty weird. When playing some households, you can't even get them to come out of their apartments. But in other households, you can't get them to go home!

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Top Secret Researcher
#3605 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:31 AM
My On Going Pet Peeve is to have my Sims and or Pets end up being trapped in the Foundation of one of my buildings.

This is how it looked the First time during this play session.

Not long later, about 15 minutes real time or so it happens again!

This happened to me twice today in about 3 hours real time of playing. I find it very irritating and I really wish I could stop it from happening, but I don't think that there is anything I can do...besides not having Elevators with a Foundation.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3606 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lordtyger9
My On Going Pet Peeve is to have my Sims and or Pets end up being trapped in the Foundation of one of my buildings.

This is how it looked the First time during this play session.

Not long later, about 15 minutes real time or so it happens again!

This happened to me twice today in about 3 hours real time of playing. I find it very irritating and I really wish I could stop it from happening, but I don't think that there is anything I can do...besides not having Elevators with a Foundation.

That is a hilarious picture. How did he get trapped down there with three cats?
Mad Poster
#3607 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:00 AM
My pet peeve is the serious lack of tiny finger-birbs. I like the little itty-bitty birdies. The big ones that perch on the arm are fine, and some are quite pretty (like the lorikeet) but I wish Pets would have come with tiny little birbs - like budgies and such - as well as other small animals. I also dislike the lack of bunnies (not the dog-bunny, mind you).
Mad Poster
#3608 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:27 AM
I saw someone modded the birds into little dragons...I wonder how hard it would be to mod the womrat into a bunny.
Mad Poster
#3609 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
I saw someone modded the birds into little dragons...I wonder how hard it would be to mod the womrat into a bunny.

This one has done almost everything but bunnies, so bunnies should be possible. https://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=464697
Mad Poster
#3611 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:50 AM
What the hell is a birb?
Mad Poster
#3612 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:58 AM
It's a weird word for a "bird." Like people sometimes call puppies "puppers" or something.

Mad Poster
#3613 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:59 AM
A birb is a bird that lives in the suburbs.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#3614 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 6:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
That is a hilarious picture. How did he get trapped down there with three cats?

@Charity, I never see the Sim or Pet get trapped, so I don't really know how it happens or what it looks like.

I just figure that it must have something to do with the Elevator as they always appear in the part of foundation that is below the Elevator.

It is certainly a pet peeve of mine. Especially since the Sims sometimes die and it is not only resident Sims that die, but visitors and NPCs as well.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Mad Poster
#3615 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 4:45 PM
Swell, a new way to kill anyone off (dogs too?)

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#3616 Old 10th Nov 2017 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Rosawyn : 11th Nov 2017 at 11:00 PM.
When a sim with homogeneous dominant genes somehow magically has a biological child with homogeneous recessive genes. (Not born in game, of course, but set up that way from the start.)
Edit: Just basically any impossible genetics like that. I can usually fix it in SimPE, but it annoys me that it was that way to begin with.
Inventor
#3617 Old 11th Nov 2017 at 6:21 AM
When sims who are friends with both spouses offer one a blind date - in front of the other, no less. What the llama?! (smites townie)

I know this has story potential but ugh. Smarter randomization of reputation rewards, please.
Mad Poster
#3618 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:47 AM Last edited by ihatemandatoryregister : 12th Nov 2017 at 6:01 AM.
The "ShowMeOff Rack of Glory" isn't shiftable up or down walls, it sits just low enough that it'll clip through any furniture (and not putting anything under it leaves an ugly gap), and you have to put the souvenirs on it specifically to get the different bonuses..

Mad Poster
#3619 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:40 AM
Yes, and unlike other objects that hang on walls, the souvenir rack takes up the entire floor square in front of it, blocking sims from walking past it in a narrow hallway. Grrr!
Mad Poster
#3620 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:14 AM
Yup...that too.

Another pet peeve: Whether a Sim gives birth to a girl or a boy is 50/50....that is, unless you're trying for a specific gender. Then it's always 100% the opposite one.

Mad Poster
#3621 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 7:17 AM
I liked TS3's system of eating foods to influence the gender...but it was so unbalanced towards boys, because apples were about 1000000 times easier to acquire than watermelons. And it was really tricky to manage to get opposite gender twins!
Mad Poster
#3622 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 3:55 PM Last edited by gummilutt : 12th Nov 2017 at 4:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
The "ShowMeOff Rack of Glory" isn't shiftable up or down walls, it sits just low enough that it'll clip through any furniture (and not putting anything under it leaves an ugly gap), and you have to put the souvenirs on it specifically to get the different bonuses..

There is a mod to make it shiftable. I forget from where. You have to re-buy any previously bought shelves, to get a shiftable one.

Annoys me that when you try on clothes, if you try on separates you only choose one part, the other is randomized. I want to choose, because randomized guarantees it'll look bonkers.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Inventor
#3623 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Yup...that too.

Another pet peeve: Whether a Sim gives birth to a girl or a boy is 50/50....that is, unless you're trying for a specific gender. Then it's always 100% the opposite one.

Ugh, I've learned to accept that burden a little too well. >.<

When I was experiencing male pregnancy firsthand with my wildcard Frank, I was content with whatever gender his newborn child will be first try, which turned out to be a girl. I reverted to the previous save afterward was because I wanted to record the event occurring using my XSplit Gamecaster. Every time I had the recording up, however, Frank ended with a boy. Only when I didn't record did he finally receive a baby girl again. I decided to keep one of the recordings anyway as I didn't want to deal with the game's shenanigans anymore.

For my Dustoves it took them 3 attempts until I got the right gender; for the Mayfields it was four or five. Always had to watch the cutscene, too. >.< Luckily for the Mayfields when they finally gave birth to a boy, he had the mother's skin tone and the father's eye color as intended.

Fortunately, the game decided to be cooperative with my latest family and give them a girl on the first attempt.

Check out my profile for homes and community lots ready for download: My Homes and Stuff
Top Secret Researcher
#3624 Old 12th Nov 2017 at 6:58 PM
Out of eleven babies born/generated in Agnar Sound, only two have been girls. A small sample size, yes, but it's annoying. And out of maybe eight or nine babies born elsewhere in the game, only two girls again. Twins both times. I remember a previous neighborhood of mine had the same problem. Maybe I'm just cursed...

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#3625 Old 15th Nov 2017 at 4:02 AM
How easy it is to forget to install a light and not notice until it gets dark.

Page 145 of 274