Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 3:23 PM Last edited by DJ. : 29th Jul 2012 at 3:24 PM. Reason: Oops! Bleeping a bad word.
Default Deleting Memories
I have a Sim I created in CAS. For example, I bought a vacation home, but I was disappointed with it, so I decided to sell it. When I bought another one, my Sim got another memory.

Is it okay if I open my Sim in SimPE and delete his first memory of buying a vacation home?

Also, what should I be careful of? Gossip and crap? Because I've opened my Sim once in SimPE. He has a gossip, "Herb Oldie - Potty Trained". What the f*ck, he never met the guy, nor Herb ever got moved out of Sim Bin. But I know that's not rare.

Um... about the question above... I've tried deleting Mystery Sim memories in my last hood, and I've gotten a lot of error messages. Should I write down what they say, and go delete the gossip of those Sims mentioned in the error message?

Or should I not delete memories in the first place?

Or... or,or,or, ... can I use lot debugger to fix broken gossip?

Thanks in advance!
Advertisement
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 4:12 PM
You can delete the memories - the ones in black - without problem. The gossip is in blue and can also be deleted. Anything else you see - grey or green for instance - you should leave alone unless you know what it is (green BTW is usually stuff in the inventory - useful to know should anything become corrupted in there, but is not always, so you should treat with caution. Grey is the tokens - leave WELL ALONE). Don't forget to commit and save.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Theorist
Original Poster
#3 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 9:58 PM
Wow, thanks a lot! That explained pretty much everything I wanted to ask further.

ETA: Of course not. I forgot to mention, is it okay if I add memories? Such as Had First Kiss With ..., (with/without deleting Mystery Sim)?
Site Helper
#4 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 10:10 PM
Yes, you can add memories. However, you should make sure that you understand all of the raw data and choose reasonable values. Here's a tutorial:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=228915

Be sure to read the whole thread. We discovered more information about the raw data as time went on.
Theorist
Original Poster
#5 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 10:47 PM
Wait, so let's say this:

Sim1's memories:
Met MS (Mystery Sim)
Made BFs with MS
Had First Kiss w/ MS
Had First Time Kissed MS
GOSSIPS: Met MS, gossip about Sim2, Made BFs with MS, gossip about Sim2, Had First Kiss w/ MS, gossip about Sim2.

Sim2's memories:
The same. (Except gossips are about Sim1).

I deleted all memories about MS (not gossips, I'll get to that later) from Sim1. I get an 'error', saying that I've removed memories from Sim pool. I wrote down what it said, and said "Sim2: Met MS, gossip about Sim1".
I deleted all gossips now, from Sim1. A lot of them reported an error, saying that again I've removed memories from Sim pool (but not all did). It said "Sim2: Met MS".

It's getting kinda late now so I'll do that tomorrow. But say, should I use lot debugger like you said in the thread which link you provided? If so, what option should I use? (I remember and only can think of "Wipe Corrupt", but I think that one only cleans current Sim.)

As for the RAW data, do I even have to mess arount that stuff? Or can I just, for example, add a memory (which belongs to Sim1), by selecting from drop down menu below memories; "Had Very First Kiss with $Subject, (Memory-Love-Very First Kiss)", for owner select Me (Sim1), and for $Subject select Sim2. Is that okay, or do I really have to mess around those numbers?

Mootilda, you've not only helped me milions of times. I just don't understand, why aren't you a moderator or something?
Site Helper
#6 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 11:08 PM
I've heard that it's a bad idea to delete memories without deleting the associated gossip. Because of this, I believe that it's a good idea to clear all gossip before deleting memories. The alternative is to remove all gossip about that memory from all of the sims in the neighborhood.

You can always try just setting the owner and subject and hope that the other values are set correctly. However, I believe that you will sometimes end up with a negative memory when you wanted a positive one, or an unimportant memory of an important event, or other things that will make you want to set the raw data correctly.

That's why it's a good idea to make backups first. If things go poorly, then you can get back to a valid state.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 29th Jul 2012 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
I've heard that it's a bad idea to delete memories without deleting the associated gossip. Because of this, I believe that it's a good idea to clear all gossip before deleting memories. The alternative is to remove all gossip about that memory from all of the sims in the neighborhood.

I can't comment directly on this since I tend to keep gossip to a minimum though I do routinely delete Mystery Sim memories (usually just after the sim has initialised). The RAW data is fairly straightforward if you know what it is - bad memories are easy enough to change to positive and vice versa. Absolutely second that about backups though if you're new to it. I have a rolling backup programme anyway.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 7:22 PM
Alright then. So I'll clear ALL the gossip of Pleasantview, and start removing Mystery Sim memories from two freaking Sims. And it turns out the whole town knows that they had their first kiss with the Mystery Sim. What. The. Hell.

Thanks a lot. Of course, if anything goes wrong, I have a backup, but if it isn't that wrong (as you said, negative instead of positive memory), I can always visit the thread you linked, Mootilda.

And maxon, you also explained a lot, thank you!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 8:02 PM
You're welcome. It always surprises me just how much they gab to each other. They also eavesdrop. You realise this when you find out that the sim that was over the other side of the lot and left almost immediately your own sim arrived nevertheless knows he had a quick one and cheated on his wife with the pizza delivery person.

Instructor
#10 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:19 AM
You can remove all the mystery sim memories with the FFS debugger if your sim doesn't have further memories that conflict with logic, as for example "did woohoo" or "had a baby" or kissed someone else. You may delete mystery sim memories in SimPE but it will automatically reenable first kiss to your sim even if he already cheated the whole hood.
Squinge made a mod to eliminate mystery sim memories and it was the smartest mod he made. In new hoods the annoyance will not happen. In pre-installed hoods you have no choice than wipe them out self.
Theorist
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 6:13 PM
Yes, but I had that in mind. Right after I deleted Mystery Sim memories, I went off to find "Kissed $Subject for the First Time", and right before it I created "Had Very First Kiss with $Subject".

Since I created my Sims in college, they didn't have "Had (Very First) WooHoo with Mystery Sim" memory.

If you really want my opinion, I seriously don't give a crap about the whole Pleasantview. I just re-edited the storyline, so it's not that pathetic (c'mon, Don Lothario was trying to make a move with Bella, but then she got abducted. Instead of giving up he hooked up with her daughter. I mean, c'mon. Then, they fell out of sky (hh, get it? Because they're some sort of aliens? Oh, nevermind) - those Caliente sisters - and there are some rumours that they killed/kidnaped Bella, so they could make a move on her husband, Mortimer. Of course, at the same time, they're in love with Mortimer's daughter's fiancée, Don. I could go like this forever, if you want). They can have Mystery Sim memories (like Don - he was I suppose lonely as a child, so he met the Mystery Sim).

But my legacy family shouldn't, because I (only) care about them. I even thought of creating at least parents for a Sim I wanted to create in CAS in the first place, but I'm just afraid I'll create too much character files. I even calculated - before adding my Sims, there were 800 character files in "D:\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhood\N001".

And, is it possible to place the Mystery Sim as a subject (or I believe object?) in a memory "Potty Trained By" and such? It'd really hit off on Sims I created in CAS, instead of their first memory being "Went To College" (which most of them didn't attend).
Site Helper
#12 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DJ.
is it possible to place the Mystery Sim as a subject (or I believe object?) in a memory "Potty Trained By" and such?
Is it possible? Yes. Is it wise? I don't know.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#13 Old 2nd Aug 2012 at 1:06 AM
The Mystery Sim, AFAIK, is just another game object like any other. In the sense it has its own GUID. I change memory subjects all the time. It doesn't seem to have any ill effects beyond changing the memory of your sim. You can alter the way the memory affects your sim (as you know) by changing the RAW Data. I've never observed a memory propagate problems through sharing memories after they've been changed but then, as you know, I keep gossip cleaned out most of the time.

Theorist
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 12:30 PM
OK after a week passed, I couldn't just stand there and tell nothing. This is what I've found while performing a lobotomy on my Sim.

[invisible] Token - LTA Superpowers (Gossip about Grim Reaper (NPC))

[invisible] Token - LTA Direct Adds (Gossip about Mortimer Goth)

(and around three more of these)

I know tokens mustn't be messed around with, but it's just odd for me that these exist (because they're token gossips, I guess. Permanent gossip or something. Also, my Sim has a gossip about Grimmie. Why God why). I mean, I know it's safe to delete the I'm Dead token from Bella Goth, but deleting a gossip token...?

And no, they weren't deleted by the batbox.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#15 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 3:41 PM
Be careful DJ. First of all, without looking at them in detail, I can't say what those are and I'm not sure I could even if I could see the details. Having said that, remember SimPE is a fan-made tool. As I understand it, it labels the things you see according to information derived by deduction, intuition and experiment (ok and interpretation of code too) but the makers of SimPE didn't make the game, they just worked with it and EAxis didn't give them a working manual. What I'm saying is the label SimPE gives them may not be entirely accurate or be exactly what you interpret it to be. Tokens labelled 'gossip' in the memories sometimes seem to refer to data exchanged between sims rather than gossip proper (so to speak). Proper gossip is in blue and you can delete that - tokens store data relating to things happening in the game and to your sim and should be generally left alone. As well as being labelled gossip, those 'memories' are also labelled LTA - Lifetime Aspiration? It might be data about that. Also, the other thing to remember is that not all the data in a given sim's memory need actually belong to that sim.

Theorist
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 8:37 PM
Well, I didn't touch that at all. And my Sim, now, has a full LTA score, but he didn't have it when I opened him for the first time (and then, he still had the Mortimer gossip thing).

But a gossip about Grim Reaper, come on!? First off my Sim brings Unsavory Charlatan (in a Twikkii outfit!) home from work, then my Sim has a token of some powers, about Grimmie, then what's next, Mrs. Crumplebottom's gonna break his kids when he invites her as the daycare nanny?!

Something serious's going on in DJ.'s Pleasantview, hm.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#17 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 10:03 PM
No, with a mature hood, there's lots of stuff like that. Anyway, if you want to go ahead and delete it, feel free. I'd advise you to back up your game first.

Theorist
Original Poster
#18 Old 9th Aug 2012 at 11:47 AM
Oh, no-no-no. I won't delete anything. As many people said before, even if you delete a whole cementery, it may take a whole RL year before your toddler rolls a want that he wants to make out with 30 Sims. We'll just leave it there, and hope for the best - that nothing happens.
Test Subject
#19 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 12:32 AM Last edited by Tiffany562411 : 8th Nov 2016 at 12:52 AM.
Sims 3 Question...I have a option in master controller to remove all memories for the whole town but not sure if I should do it or not. 3 Questions. (1)What will happen if I remove memories for the whole town? (2)What are the advantages? (3)What are the disadvantages? Please give 100% full details thanks
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#20 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 12:43 AM
@Tiffany562411 It sounds like you are after the sims 3 board since I don't know of any Master Controller for sims 2. Also you just bumped up a four year old thread. It's normally better to make your own thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#21 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 12:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
@Tiffany562411 It sounds like you are after the sims 3 board since I don't know of any Master Controller for sims 2. Also you just bumped up a four year old thread. It's normally better to make your own thread.

I know & u right...I should start my own thread lol but I have gotten answers doing it this way on other things
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#22 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:06 AM
Sims 2 and Sims 3 are just not the same game and things like the memory systems are not coded the same way.

Mad Poster
#23 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 1:19 AM
1)This is the Sims 2 board

2)Ask questions about Nraas mods at the Nraas Wiki: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/

Although I do wish there was a version of Master Controller for Sims 2.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 8th Nov 2016 at 2:17 AM
SimPE kind of is.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#25 Old 10th Nov 2016 at 1:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tiffany562411
I know & u right...I should start my own thread lol but I have gotten answers doing it this way on other things

Guess what, you can also get answers by googling things or reading the Readme that came with the file, or... asking on the appropriate forum?

What in the world? I mean, I understand if you just got lost and didn't realise this was a Sims 2 board. But doing this on purpose just because it had worked before is not only kind of rude, it's not very likely to get you good results. That's kind of like saying that once you got a great recipe from someone in a pub, so the next time you want to cook something, instead of looking in a recipe book, or asking at the place you bought the ingredients, or even just asking around friends and family, your first port of call would be the local pub, where you'd proceed to interrogate the very confused bar staff.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...