Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:50 AM
Default I need a googlemap to figure out where to color hair. haha
So I decided to start the process of doing a hair that would be similar to how I want mine to be (well, more or less) and I started with trying to make the base haircolor a little more like mine which didn't work originally, and putting purple tips... trying to get the purple in the right place is proving fairly irritating to me. oops
Try one, too yellow and purple in some stupid places.
Try two, trying to get the purple figured out, not worrying about the base color again yet... got rid of some of the wrong-area purple but also some on-purpose purple...
Try three, got the base color down better but managed to mess up the purple more. Like I said, I need a googlemaps for this. haha

I guess I need to keep trying on this, I've looked at a couple sim-map image thingies and that didn't really help and neither did viewing some of the other hairs.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 2:57 PM
I had a look at the hairs and just thought 'nope, another day'. Hopefully you work it all out soon,
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 3:17 PM
You said you looked at some sim-map thingies. Does that mean you know how to export the UV map for hair, or do you need help with that? Cos that's about the only thing that will help. Plus trial and error.

If you have Milkshape, you can use it to preview your textures faster than going in-CAS. If you have a newish version of Photoshop, there's a way to just colour right on the mesh to identify all the areas you want to change even faster.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Lab Assistant
retired moderator
#4 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HystericalParoxysm
If you have a newish version of Photoshop, there's a way to just colour right on the mesh to identify all the areas you want to change even faster.

WHAT!? I have Milkshape and Photoshop ... how do I do this? My god, that would save me so much time...
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:43 PM
Or if your Photoshop is oldish, you could perhaps also try blender for painting on the wrapped texture – it has limited painting abilities from what I recall (more or less like Paint or something – in the version I used), but it would give you some orientation as to what goes where.

Somebody else more familiar with the current version would need to help you with that if you have questions though; I haven’t used it in a while.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#6 Old 31st Aug 2014 at 4:47 PM
Photoshop you need CS4 and above I think. For mikshape you select group, go to materials, assign texture, use the png as the texture in the little box - you choose the image by clicking where you see wood in the screenshot.

http://www.robinwood.com/Catalog/Te...3D-4_Paint.html
Screenshots

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
*not to be found on sims4forum*
retired moderator
Original Poster
#7 Old 1st Sep 2014 at 1:52 AM
I'm not sure I have patience for something like milkshape and the photoshop v I have on here is only CS2
The thing I looked at is just the flattened sim image, like what you'd use to see where the placement of a tattoo is. I'm not too great with the more advanced things, unfortunately.

Thanks for all the replies folks