Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 11:29 PM
Default Problem with custom swatch image
I've been working on a new dress mesh and have gotten to the point of adding custom swatch images. I know I'm supposed to save a 32x32 dds image with DXT1 compression and replace the existing image with it. I've done that and the swatch shows up as a splotchy mess vaguely resembling a llama. I've tried both with and without mipmaps. I'm using GIMP.

Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SwatchIvory.zip (663 Bytes, 4 downloads) - View custom content

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Advertisement
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#2 Old 3rd Sep 2014 at 11:49 PM
Oh, the infamous Cloud Llama strikes again =) -- granthes has explained how to fix it here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12537652

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:27 AM
Oh my gosh, I had seen a reference to the Cloud Llama at some point and paid no attention. Thanks! Unfortunately I'm still baffled since according to those instructions the swatch that should work doesn't, and the one that does work shouldn't. Gives me something to work on!

Edit: Fixed it by changing the instance ID of the swatch to 0x00000000. (Before, it was 0x80000000 per the modding guidelines.) In the swatch that was working previously the instance in the CASP TGI was 0x80000000, but due to a bug in my mesh cloner the IMG instance was 0x00000000 - the link was wrong but it worked. Apparently the game assumes an instance of 0x00000000.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:32 AM
Hm, oldversioned perhaps? Being too experimental? Have you asked @granthes about it?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Sep 2014 at 12:36 AM
See my edit above - looks like weirdness around the instance ID. I'm going to post in the Forums thread for Granthes.