Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 3:01 PM
Default Movies
what is your favorite movie?

i haven't watched the whole movie yet but when i have watched the whole movie i will probably say that frozen will be mt favorite movie

http://images.hngn.com/data/images/...rozen.jpg?w=600
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:12 AM
Mine's a toss up.

20 years ago: Jetsons: The Movie (on VHS)
10 years ago: Spirited Away (in theaters)
Last month: Wayne's World 1

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Field Researcher
#3 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:20 AM
I like Stanley Kubrick films
Scholar
#4 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:20 AM
The Descent
Field Researcher
#5 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:23 AM
Oh, goodness. One favorite movie is such a hard sell. I think my favorite at this moment would have to be... "The Best Man Holiday" but that's subject to change, as soon as tomorrow, even.

Queen of the Land of Typos.

Check out my simblr.
Theorist
#6 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:48 AM
Blue Velvet
French Connection I & II
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:49 AM

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
Scholar
#8 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 6:39 AM
Attack The Block
The Talented Mr Ripley
Caligula
Se7en
Salo, 120 Days of Sodom
Lawrence of Arabia
Blue Velvet
Videodrome
Coraline
Pan's Labyrinth

And probably a lot more

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 9:14 AM
How could I forget about

Not-so-daily TS2 downloads @ my simblr.
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#10 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 1:42 PM
Inception
Edward Scissorhands
Fight Club
The Truman Show
The Royal Tenenbaums
Scarface
Midnight in Paris
American Beauty
The Dark Knight

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Inventor
#11 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 2:05 PM
My favourite Disney movie is Pocahontas.

I don't know about my all-time favourite movie though, there are a few... I'll make a list and get back to you
Mad Poster
#12 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 2:18 PM
Either Fight Club or Sixteen Candles
I can't decide, they're both completely different films but I love them both.
Fight Club is slightly in the lead though, just because I love all the little messages of it and the sound track.
I also love: Napoleon Dynamite, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir dogs, The Breakfast Club, Ferris Bueller's day off, Pretty in Pink and Revenge of the Nerds. - All those movies I would happily watch over and over again.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:38 PM
my current favorite movie is Marley and Me
i always nearly cry at the end when Marley gets euthanized because it is really sad

Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 4:49 PM
At various times it has or has been:

Braveheart
Sixteen Candles
Ever After
The Incredibles
South Park: The Movie
Sleeping Beauty
The Dark Knight
Kung Fu Hustle
Megamind
Love Actually
The Princess Bride
The Empire Strikes Back
Instructor
#15 Old 14th Oct 2014 at 6:50 PM
Well, this is tough. On the top of my mind:
Beauty and the Beast (Disney)
Gone with the Wind
The Sound of Music
Sunset Boulevard
Breakfast at Tiffany's
The Addams Family Values
Moulin Rouge
Twilight (ONLY THE FIRST ONE, DON'T KILL ME)
The Lord of the Rings Trilogy
Charlies Angels Full Throttle (idk why, it's so bad that it's absolutely exceptional)
The Wizard of Oz
A Streetcar named Desire
The Little Mermaid (Disney)
Casper (I cry everytime I see it)

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Field Researcher
#16 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 5:04 PM
Star Wars Episode IV, V and VI with Empire Stikes Back being my favourite
Lionheart (the best Van Damme movie ever!)
Tango & Cash
Commando
Terminator 2 The Judgement Day
The Ghost And Mrs Muir
Gone With The Wind
The Magic Of Ordinary Days
Enemy Mine
Nad Niemnem (polish movie)
Beauty And The Beast

HK-47: Objection: I am not a problem, meatbag. You and your lack of any organized repair skills are a problem.
Scholar
#17 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 6:32 PM
I forgot my favorite comedy!
Revenge Of The Nerds! :D
Clap your hands everybody, everybody clap your hands~ godd I love that movie

“I MAY BE A HOGWARTS STUDENT" Hargirid paused angrily. "BUT I AM ALSO A SATANIST!”
Falco - The original Prombat
Scholar
#18 Old 15th Oct 2014 at 6:48 PM
Ooh, hard to say. Obviously, Toy Story (1, 2, and 3), UP and all those other Pixar movies and some Disney ones.
I love Forrest Gump, The Blues Brothers, The Truman Show and such.
Other too, but this is a hard question!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 4:38 AM
Frozen is so over-rated. I have never even seen the movie, but I bet I can tell you every word to the damn thing!

Anyways, I liked the Lion King.
Theorist
#20 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 6:01 AM
My favorite movie hasn't been made. A crime drama where Haley Joel Osment plays Hannibal Lecter in his young years before his PhD. He is trying to patent his nicotine vaporizer machine but is stopped by tobacco tycoons in a world where tobacco is not realized to be dangerous. But Haley Joel Osment is deadlier than any cigarette and he dines on his first victim with Béarnaise sauce and Zinfandel, and evades police detective Laura Crafty played by Melissa Rauch and her canine, Conan.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 10:22 AM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 17th Oct 2014 at 10:38 AM.
There are so many movies, it's hard to choose. I could list and list forever, I think.

Off the top of my head: Harold & Maude, It's a Beautiful Life, October SkyBabe, Homeward Bound, Mulan, The Croods, How To Train Your Dragon I & II, Toy Story, Toy Story 3, Up, Easter Parade, Holiday Inn, & Oklahoma. These are the movies I could watch again and again (and have), although there are more. I totally agree about the awesomeness of Beauty and The Beast and The Little Mermaid. I saw Frozen and wasn't really keen on it, although there were parts of it that I found enjoyable and appealing. Along with Gabrymato, I love Twilight, too, even though I am a dedicated Buffy fan and much about the Twilight movies is awkward and weird in an uncomfortable way. I loved the music, costumes, and scenery in all three of the films (four?). The line in the last one, where Edward says to Carlisle, "I never thanked you for this extraordinary life" always brings me to tears. Now I'm on to Sci-Fi - Love the Harry Potter Movies, Star Trek The Voyage Home, The Lord of the Rings movies, Pirates of the Caribbean ,... Haha! Yep, the list goes on.

You know, there's a media section for discussions about movies. This thread should probably be there. Could we request a mod to move the thread and how does one do that?

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Instructor
#22 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 12:06 PM
@VerDeTerre I forgot about Mulan! It isn't really a movie many people elect as their "favorite Disney classic", but it's actually quite amazing and groundbreaking. And, to be honest, it might be the Disney movie I've watched the most when I was a kid. Mulan might not be as romantic as Ariel or Belle but she's awesome... I remember when I saw the movie trailer, the last scene when she just saved the Emperor and gains her father's and her country's respect, and there is the gorgeous Dragonheart theme playing in the background - I was 6 but I remember it gave me chills!
Here it is!

Me, me, me against them, me against enemies, me against friends, somehow they all seem to become one, a sea full of sharks and they all smell blood.
Theorist
#23 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 3:44 PM
Frozen was cute, I liked it alright I guess, though I was rather underwhelmed as all the hype I'd heard about it had me thinking it was this amazing movie with a powerful message of acceptance. Then there was also something in the news about Blossom not liking it. That made me think, "wow, this must be some movie if a celebrity not liking it makes headlines." Then I watched it, was kind of surprised that the Elsa character wasn't even the main character (focuses more on her sister), and was quite surprised that so many right-wing nuts found it so offensive. I mean, they must have really been looking through the movie with a fine-toothed comb to find something to get offended about.

My favorite movies of all time is the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and I also liked the Godfather trilogy.

Other than that, I'm not really much of a movie person. I usually enjoy watching serial TV shows more.

Resident wet blanket.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 17th Oct 2014 at 8:33 PM Last edited by VerDeTerre : 17th Oct 2014 at 11:25 PM.
I never saw that trailor, Gabrymato! Thanks for sharing. The movie always makes me tear up between the themes of loyalty, heroism, family ties, and the message of acceptance that comes by the end. I love the cricket and the grandmother so much!

I forgot about Best In Show - watching that again tonight

Oh, and Wallace and Grommit - A Fine Day Out and The Wrong Trousers.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Top Secret Researcher
#25 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 11:05 AM
Brazil.

City of Lost Children was also pretty amazing.

I wouldn't put a lot of effort into getting it transported.
Page 1 of 2