Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 3:48 PM
Default changing rabbit hole types?
I know this can be done because there are downloads for this sort of thing on simlogical. I am reading through the tutorials both here at MTS and on simlogical trying to figure out how to accomplish this but since I'm a newb at editing objects, I feel like I may be going about this the wrong way.

What I want to do is change the type of rabbit hole on some rabbit hole objects without making any other changes to their function or any changes to their appearance. For example, in building a community college in a base world I would like to use the city hall rabbit hole from Moonlight Falls as the School of Business rabbit hole instead of using the one that came with University. Is the only thing I need to do is clone the Moonlight Falls rabbit hole in S3OC and then make an edit in S3PE and give the new object a new name? Or is this something more involved and I'll have to write a new script to change the function?

TS2 and TS3: Where adult sims potty train their toddlers.
TS4: Where adult sims make Angry Poops.

Which game is made for the juvenile minded?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 4:23 PM
After cloning the object, you have to edit the OBJK (right click on it and select the last voice on the bottom)
changing the script string to use that of the rabbit hole you want. If you are lucky that may just be it, but
maybe the script itself takes into account where doors are or other differences between the two objects.
Give it a try and if you need more help I'll see what I can do.

EDIT: actually you don't necessarily need to clone the object, you could just override the OBJK of the rabbit
hole you want to convert into another rabbit hole, if you don't plan to use the first rabbit hole anymore.
Clear, right?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2015 at 5:57 PM
I do want to continue to have the option to use the rabbit holes in their original configuration, so I do plan to clone and edit rather than just edit. I didn't know about having to deal with the door placement. I guess I was hoping sims could find the door on their own. I guess I'll have to start by taking a look at the script of the rabbit hole I want to replace and see if that's an issue.

Theorist
#4 Old 18th Jan 2015 at 1:51 PM
I kind of covered this here
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,22768.0.html

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 2nd Feb 2015 at 7:54 PM
Thanks for that, tizerist! I tend to avoid the MATY forums for fear of proving myself a fool and getting beat up.