Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th May 2016 at 6:00 AM Last edited by CrazySheep808 : 28th May 2016 at 7:54 AM. Reason: No responses
Default Catalogue Organisation EDIT: Updated Build Sorting Info. Next up: Stage setup. Can anyone answer any of my questions?
Hi all, posted this in an older help thread ( http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427056 ) but no luck, so thought I'd ask here too.

Am currently sorting out my catalogue - it's quite a mess. Miscellaneous decor is insanely full. Anyway, I'm putting together a pictorial guide (attached but still a work in progress) to recategorising things but have come across a couple of sticking points. Can someone confirm if my surmises are correct?

a) To appear in the 'fireplace' section of the catalog, a fireplace MUST have a CFIR resource. I was hoping that Awesims' modular fireplace pieces could show up in the y'know, fireplace catalogue, but it doesn't look like that'll be possible. I may have to leave them in columns. I'd be delighted to be wrong. Anyone?

b) In the build flags list, there is a flag called "chimney", I cannot find a corresponding category in the build mode menu. I know that chimneys are placed automatically when you buy a fireplace, and I can get the pieces to show up in Outdoor>Roof Decorations, but the chimney category itself appears not to be a thing. Shame. What is the chimney build flag in the OBJD supposed to do?

c) Walls and floors. Both have a CWAL resource, and to change the category, it looks like you simply need to ensure the Pattern Type is 'floor' or 'wall', then change the Sort Flag to your desired category. However. There are two extra, seemingly redundant, options under Pattern Type' - 'ceiling' and 'floor edge'. Given that 'ceiling' is an option in the Sort Flags, what does this pattern type do? And how about 'floor edge'?

Also anyone know what "is chimney", "is gate" etc in the Object Type Flags is supposed to do?

Cheers!
Sheep
Screenshots

Everything is ok in the end. If it's not ok, then it's not the end.