Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 1:26 PM
Default Wrong EP identified when cloning with TSRW
Hello,

So I feel like I'm going to ask stupid questions about a very stupid issue...

I wanted to clone a dresser from Showtime (Suite Dreams Dresser) and do some edits on the mesh.

I used TSRW (2.0.86) and I've had no problems doing what I had to do, but when I exported (as package) the cloned and edited object and got in game to test, it was not considered a Showtime object, but a Late Night one (little expansion icon).

So I opened the package in S3PE and, as I understand, EPs can be identified by their Group ID. In this case, I discovered that the Group ID begins with 0x28 (Late Night), instead of 0x58 (Showtime)...

It looks like it's TSRW causing this strange switch for some resources, because if I clone the object with S3OC, I see the right digits, but as soon as the file gets through TSRW, the Late Night Group ID appears!

I mean, I did manage to do my edits through S3PE in the end, but it's kinda bothering me not knowing what's causing this, and after a bit of testing, I see that happening to all my Showtime clones.

So, my questions are:

Is that something only happening to me?
Or only with this version of TSRW?
Or is this completely unrelated and maybe something is wrong with the installation of the game or program?

Any help understanding this would be welcome.
In any case, thanks for reading!
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 3:13 PM
I've noticed it myself too! I was making this Juice keg from the sims 2 to the sims 3 and it showed up as 'late night' instead of university. So I guess TSRW doesn't really 'see' the right EP correctly. But the weird thing is, say in your case, your creation is actually a Showtime mesh but turns out that the game reads it as a night life compatible download but say you don't have Night life, the game will see it as showtime eventually. At least that's what happened to me twice. It could be different for other people but this is basically my experience.

So is it TSRW? Yes. But let's be honest, even though TSRW is a great program for making mods easier, it's also very buggy.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2016 at 4:31 PM
It's kinda reassuring knowing it's a bug coming from TSRW and not a bad install on my end!

I'll also keep in mind that it can happen for other EPs apparently.

Now, I just tried disabling Late Night in the list of EPs, but I still got the wrong Group IDs. I even removed the path for Late Night and still no luck. Apparently, or least for me, just the fact that it is installed is enough?
But really, what is with TSRW liking Late Night so much?

Well, thankfully other ways of cloning objects exist.

Anyway, thanks for the info!