Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:00 AM
Default Blender: Mirror
Hello,
I'm trying out blender. It's got lot's of features, yet it makes it hard to learn compared to milkshape haha
So I still can't figure out the mirror. I've tried by Shift-C but I honestly have no idea what I am doing. I'm in the middle of making this super long male hairstyle, yet I don't even know if this is what a mesh is supposed to look like ...
Well anyways I'm trying to mirror the green area into the other side, yet this is all I can do,

And here is where the origin is centered:

Also, do different programs change the way ( For example, B hair assignments ) move? I've noticed they are very sharp with milkshape. I was hoping blender is smoother in that sense. Also I don't even know where to give assignments in blender. Or textures. What am I doing...

Well anyways, have a good one!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#2 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 1:59 AM
I FINNALY did it haha. I had to do it while in edit mode, not object mode.
Scholar
#3 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 5:52 PM
Check the normals on the mirrored part as they often get reversed (textured inside instead of outside)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
Check the normals on the mirrored part as they often get reversed (textured inside instead of outside)

OH thats right thanks!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Jun 2016 at 10:35 PM Last edited by 98675 : 6th Jun 2016 at 11:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch

Sorry to bother, is there a way to know witch ones are correct and witch ones are not?

EDIT: Oh I'm guessing it has to do with the ligthing.