Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd May 2016 at 12:25 AM
Default UVMapping Hair
Hi all,

Sorry yet again for the bother, but I'm finding it quite difficult to fix the UVMapping on a hairstyle I'm working on.
Now, I think it is mostly because I added a new group to an already existing maxis mesh.

1) So, would it be easier if I were to just delete every trace of the original mesh and replace it with my own groups?
2) OR, could it be easier if I were to merge these groups (Maxis and mine) and edit the UVMap from there? I've read that's not a very good idea though.

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 23rd May 2016 at 1:23 AM
Adding a group should make the UV mapping easier... not harder. Each group has its own UV map, so you can mess around with the UV map for that group all you like and it won't affect the others.

No, do not merge your groups. Then all the UV maps will overlap and you'll have a great big mess.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd May 2016 at 8:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Adding a group should make the UV mapping easier... not harder. Each group has its own UV map, so you can mess around with the UV map for that group all you like and it won't affect the others.

No, do not merge your groups. Then all the UV maps will overlap and you'll have a great big mess.

Okay.

Is there a certain technique to follow?