Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 4:46 PM
Default Can i run TS3 University Life with this gpu?
I'm already playing TS3 and Late Night, Generations and Supernatural & it works fine. Just wondering if i can add university life onto that?

Nvidia Geforce 740M
6GB RAM
i5 1.8 GHz
Advertisement
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#2 Old 13th Jul 2014 at 5:03 PM
It's probably not a great idea. For some reason the 740M isn't on our list, but the 640M is and they're fairly similar: the 640M is good up to Late Night, okay up to Supernatural, but a definite no for EPs after Supernatural. The 740M will be a little better, but not better enough to be a reliable option for UL. The fact that you don't have all the intermediate EPs certainly helps, and you shouldn't have problems just getting UL running, but you'd be in for glitches and crashes and, most likely, damage to your otherwise nice laptop.

Your CPU also isn't great, so adding UL would mean more lags, freezes etc.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Jul 2014 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It's probably not a great idea. For some reason the 740M isn't on our list, but the 640M is and they're fairly similar: the 640M is good up to Late Night, okay up to Supernatural, but a definite no for EPs after Supernatural. The 740M will be a little better, but not better enough to be a reliable option for UL. The fact that you don't have all the intermediate EPs certainly helps, and you shouldn't have problems just getting UL running, but you'd be in for glitches and crashes and, most likely, damage to your otherwise nice laptop.

Your CPU also isn't great, so adding UL would mean more lags, freezes etc.

Alright then, thank you for the detailed info. I would like to get another expansion though. I can play world adventures right?