Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#176 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 4:42 AM
reinstalling both games to see if i needed to do that to get this too work otherwise i'm going to get the power drill
Advertisement
Test Subject
#177 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 8:23 PM
Hi there, my first comment in this community, though I've lurked around for a while now. I find that this "how to guide' is really well put together, another mark up for this community in my book. I digress though. The primary reason I decided to post now rather than to continue lurking is that I am having some trouble with the very first step. Usually with a little work I can find the tools I need to manually install mods, unfortunately the organization of this place can at times be...confusing to say the least.

To explain my difficulty in as much detail as possible without going on a tangent; when it said 'patch' the game I immediately pulled up a new tab and found that the page wasn't found. After a half minute of experimenting I found that the word 'patch' is auto linked to a page that does not exist, there-in lies my problem. I need to patch the game before I can proceed to mod the game and I am unable to find said patch.

If someone could kindly point me in the correct direction, or at least let me know where to look, it would be greatly appreciated.
Scholar
#178 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 9:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Vengurd
Hi there, my first comment in this community, though I've lurked around for a while now. I find that this "how to guide' is really well put together, another mark up for this community in my book. I digress though. The primary reason I decided to post now rather than to continue lurking is that I am having some trouble with the very first step. Usually with a little work I can find the tools I need to manually install mods, unfortunately the organization of this place can at times be...confusing to say the least.

To explain my difficulty in as much detail as possible without going on a tangent; when it said 'patch' the game I immediately pulled up a new tab and found that the page wasn't found. After a half minute of experimenting I found that the word 'patch' is auto linked to a page that does not exist, there-in lies my problem. I need to patch the game before I can proceed to mod the game and I am unable to find said patch.

If someone could kindly point me in the correct direction, or at least let me know where to look, it would be greatly appreciated.

Your game should patch itself. If you have P&N then you're all done. The last patch for the TSM base game was just before P&N was released, so you probably already have that too.
The guide was written a while ago now, and the instruction to patch won't be an issue for much of anyone now, unless you've only recently installed (or re-installed) just the base game.
What version of the game are you running?
Test Subject
#179 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 11:02 PM
Ahh. That explains it then. I had decided to go on a limb and continue with the rest of the instructions and use Grim's Medieval Core and most of Simmodder99's library of mods. All of which work.
However, since I asked, I feel that I should at least answer you questions, after it might all help in the future. Currently I have both the Base game and P&N, the version is...-pulls up launcher-...2.0.109.~
Currently not the latest version from what the launcher tells me but so far everything is working well enough.

If this isn't too much, would it be possible to add 'these' to the word 'patch' in the opening post so it doesn't detect the word and auto link to a page that does not exist? Anyhow, just a thought. Thank you for speedily replying, and thank you for the time you have obviously put into helping others.
Test Subject
#180 Old 9th Sep 2012 at 9:16 AM
((((grimreefer24601, you are awesome!))))

Thank you for that zip file (above) - it corrected a tiny error I had made and my mod works great now!
Test Subject
#181 Old 11th Sep 2012 at 4:00 AM
I can be taught! i finally got it to work thanks for putting up with me!
Test Subject
#182 Old 15th Sep 2012 at 11:18 PM
I can't seem to find this TSM installation folder
I'm sorry, I'm really new. :/
Test Subject
#183 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 3:51 PM
I'd like to use a CC mod for my game, but the mod and resources files download as rars. How do I save them as cfgs.? And do I need the dl one, too? I'm working from a Vista and I have the latest patch installed if that's any help.
Scholar
#184 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArtisanBlue
I'd like to use a CC mod for my game, but the mod and resources files download as rars. How do I save them as cfgs.? And do I need the dl one, too? I'm working from a Vista and I have the latest patch installed if that's any help.

Download WinRAR so you can extract them. 7zip will also allow you to extract rar files.
Test Subject
#185 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ChickieTeeta
Download WinRAR so you can extract them. 7zip will also allow you to extract rar files.

Okay, I used 7zip to extract them. Do I rename them to .cfg files, or convert them somehow? Sorry, I'm very new to this.
Scholar
#186 Old 1st Oct 2012 at 10:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ArtisanBlue
Okay, I used 7zip to extract them. Do I rename them to .cfg files, or convert them somehow? Sorry, I'm very new to this.

If you downloaded the one in the first post of this thread then there's no need to do anything to it.
You can download and set up the dll you asked about too. Even if you're not using it, it won't hurt to have it installed, and then later if you download a mod that needs it, you'll already be set up for it.
Follow the instructions in the first post to set up your folders.
No need to say sorry, we're all new at some point.
Test Subject
#187 Old 9th Nov 2012 at 6:19 AM
I didn't read through the whole thread, so if this has been mentioned already, sorry...
When following the steps provided manually (especially step 3):

Quote: Originally posted by Rockerduck
3) Now you need to add a resources.cfg file to your main TSM install folder, so the game knows you have mods and where to look for them. It is basically a text file that serves the same function it did in TS3 and contains the following:

there is one thing to be aware of that should probably be corrected:
The file name should be called Resource.cfg - not Resources.cfg

Sharing this because it took me about an hour of wondering what the heck I did wrong before I noticed that the file in the download link is one letter different from what I created manually.

Otherwise, these instructions are great.
Test Subject
#188 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 6:22 AM
Default Help for a newbie please
Hi, ok, so this my first post ever so bare with me please. I'm Playing TSM and i'm using windows 7, i've only learned about modding a day and a half ago, so i'm very new to this! So i downloaded a mega mod from another site (don't know if i'm allowed to say which one) for TSM as well as two others for TS3. Now the problem i'm having is the only mod that is working for TSM is no blur while bathing! The mods for TS3 are installed and are working with just a couple of minor problems which i don't really care about as i got bored with it don't play it anymore, i just wanted to see if the mods would work there! I've done everything to try and get it all working with no luck, i've un-installed and re-installed, i've extracted files in three different places (TSM root folder as is listed above, my documents and TSM Pirates and Nobles) i've placed the "dll" where it says to, the "resource.cfg" where's it supposed to be! I'm losing my mind, and alot of sleep! If there is someone out there that still check's up on these posts or threads and and knows how to help, i would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance.
Scholar
#189 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 8:26 AM
Do you mean the mod from Pandora Sims?
Don't they charge money for that mod?
What that mod is, is a collection of mods from creators that haven't given permission for their stuff to be uploaded there, and certainly not to be charged money for since the mods they use as part of the package have been uploaded by the creators already and are free to download elsewhere,....in the case of TSM from this forum.

I don't know when the last time was that Pandora Sims updated it, but if it hasn't been updated since I last went looking for mods (which admittedly was a long time ago) then some of the items will be out of date anyway.

I don't know if they use an installer or anything, so I can't really help you.

Your best bet would be to uninstall the mod from Pandora's and re-download the mods you're looking for from here and see if they work for you, and then, if they don't, start looking at your set up.

Were you looking for anything in particular?

If you download a simple texture change and check if that works first, if it does then most mods available for TSM will work.
If that works for you then download something like Grim's core mod which will confirm whether or not your dll is in the right place and working.

You can download "No Zzz's while sleeping" from here http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...305#post3807305
it's a very simple texture change that should let you see if your folders are set up right.

You can get Grim's core mod from here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=449550
(make sure to download the right version for your game)

If you can't get the texture change to work for you, then there's a problem with your folder set up.
Test Subject
#190 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 5:21 PM
What that mod is, is a collection of mods from creators that haven't given permission for their stuff to be uploaded there, and certainly not to be charged money for since the mods they use as part of the package have been uploaded by the creators already and are free to download elsewhere,....in the case of TSM from this forum.

I don't know when the last time was that Pandora Sims updated it, but if it hasn't been updated since I last went looking for mods (which admittedly was a long time ago) then some of the items will be out of date anyway.

Your best bet would be to uninstall the mod from Pandora's and re-download the mods you're looking for from here and see if they work for you, and then, if they don't, start looking at your set up.

If you download a simple texture change and check if that works first, if it does then most mods available for TSM will work.
If that works for you then download something like Grim's core mod which will confirm whether or not your dll is in the right place and working.

You can download "No Zzz's while sleeping" from here http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...305#post3807305
it's a very simple texture change that should let you see if your folders are set up right.

If you can't get the texture change to work for you, then there's a problem with your folder set up.
Hi ChickieTeeta, thank you for your response. Yes, it was Pandora Sims and yes, i did pay for the mod, it was only $15. I'm not even sure why i'm going through all this trouble to modify my game as i've got all ambitions unlocked already and only two achievments left, I think i just got to curious about a 12th bird as i have 11 of them, and i was also curious to see if i could actually buy "mystical metal fragment", "doomsword blade" and hilt, unicorn horn, "arcane edge" etc, etc from the "village shop"!

I'm not sure when they were last updated , but i just purchased the mod 3 days ago.

Installer??? I don't quite understand that language yet! If you mean did i install manually, or was it done automatically?! When the download was complete, i took the necessary steps to get it to "exe" and then double clicked on it and it started installing. i did NOT choose where to install as it clearly stated that it "MUST" be, in my own words, the root folder!

I had Grim's Core installed but found that my game was only loading to the half way mark and freezing, so i un-installed it.

ChickieTeeta, i do apoligize for being naive, but can you please explain what you mean when you say simple texture change, how do i go about doing that???
Test Subject
#191 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 5:40 PM

ChickieTeeta, your the best! Please disregard my last question, i installed the "no zzzzs while sleeping" and it works perfectly fine. Thank you kindly
Scholar
#192 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 5:49 PM
*ouch* Pandora Sims are thieves. They steal items from other creators and package them together like they made them all, then they steal from the buyer too by charging them cash for things that are available free of charge from the actual creator. In the case of TSM I don't think they'll have bothered to update the mod since it first went up, so some mods like Carrigon's village shop mod are out of date. If I were you I'd try reclaiming your cash through paypal.

There's another mod on the forum somewhere for adding items to the village shop because Carrigon's original village shop mod was missed by so many people. I don't have time just now to hunt it down, but let me know if you can't find it and I'll root it out for you tomorrow.

The exe is the installer.
Did it come with the resource.cfg and the .dll too, or did you do those manually. If it came with them, personally, I'd redownload both those files from this thread... http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344

Grim's core only loading half way indicates a problem with your set up...or a corrupt dll.

Download the no zzz's rar and put the package file into your mods folder, that's it.
Load up your game and send a sim to bed. If you can still see the zzz's while they sleep then your folder is set up wrong, or your resource file is wrong.
If the zzz's have disappeared then the set up and resource are ok, and we'll just have to figure out why the core mod isn't loading for you.
Scholar
#193 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 5:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Juman
ChickieTeeta, your the best! Please disregard my last question, i installed the "no zzzzs while sleeping" and it works perfectly fine. Thank you kindly

lol you beat me to it, I was posting while you were =D

So, do you still want to see if you can get Grim's core to work?
Test Subject
#194 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 6:35 PM
*ouch* Pandora Sims are thieves. They steal items from other creators and package them together like they made them all, then they steal from the buyer too by charging them cash for things that are available free of charge from the actual creator. In the case of TSM I don't think they'll have bothered to update the mod since it first went up, so some mods like Carrigon's village shop mod are out of date. If I were you I'd try reclaiming your cash through paypal.

There's another mod on the forum somewhere for adding items to the village shop because Carrigon's original village shop mod was missed by so many people. I don't have time just now to hunt it down, but let me know if you can't find it and I'll root it out for you tomorrow.

The exe is the installer.
Did it come with the resource.cfg and the .dll too, or did you do those manually. If it came with them, personally, I'd redownload both those files from this thread... http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=438344

Grim's core only loading half way indicates a problem with your set up...or a corrupt dll.

Download the no zzz's rar and put the package file into your mods folder, that's it.
Load up your game and send a sim to bed. If you can still see the zzz's while they sleep then your folder is set up wrong, or your resource file is wrong.
If the zzz's have disappeared then the set up and resource are ok, and we'll just have to figure out why the core mod isn't loading for you.
Yes, i quite agree with you now that i'm getting help from people such as yourself. I'm just glad it wasn't more the $15 that i spent, i'm not going to bother to try and get it back, it's a learning experience!

I actually found out this morning that you don't need to create the mods and packages folder, nore download cfg. When i installed the mods that i downloaded, it created the folders automatically. I only found this out from being so stressed out about my mods not working and trying so many different ways to get them to work.

Yah, with Grim's Core, i'm not sure if i downloaded the right one, so i'm currently in the process of trying the other one's.

I have another question for you. I read about a core hack on this site and was wondering if that's what grim's core is, and also debugenabler, that one sounds self explanitory (sorry about spelling) but don't know if it's like buydebug in TS3.
Test Subject
#195 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 6:41 PM
lol you beat me to it, I was posting while you were =D

So, do you still want to see if you can get Grim's core to work?
lol, well, you know what they say, "great minds think alike".

Yes, i'm trying right now to see if i can get the one for my system.

Should've posted this with my last message. The dll is from this site.
Test Subject
#196 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 7:46 PM
lol, well, you know what they say, "great minds think alike".

Yes, i'm trying right now to see if i can get the one for my system.

Should've posted this with my last message. The dll is from this site.
ChickieTeeta, just wanted to update you on the situation. I got grims core to work, i just downloaded village shope mods and am about to try it out.
Scholar
#197 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 10:14 PM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 18th Dec 2012 at 10:25 PM.
I actually found out this morning that you don't need to create the mods and packages folder, nore download cfg. When i installed the mods that i downloaded, it created the folders automatically. I only found this out from being so stressed out about my mods not working and trying so many different ways to get them to work.

I have another question for you. I read about a core hack on this site and was wondering if that's what grim's core is, and also debugenabler, that one sounds self explanitory (sorry about spelling) but don't know if it's like buydebug in TS3.

Yeah that's the point of the installer, to do it all for you.
One good thing about that file from Pandora's is you'll have access to Rick's female replacement skins, if you can find that package file. They're not available here anymore, but they were included in that file from Pandora's when I saw it. The file should be called 'medieval_female_skins.package' if you're ever looking for it.

I think the debug enabler is out of date but the debug options are available in Grim's core.
And yes the core hack you read about will be Grim's.

Really glad you got it all to work
Test Subject
#198 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 10:58 PM
Yeah that's the point of the installer, to do it all for you.
One good thing about that file from Pandora's is you'll have access to Rick's female replacement skins, if you can find that package file. They're not available here anymore, but they were included in that file from Pandora's when I saw it. The file should be called 'medieval_female_skins.package' if you're ever looking for it.

I think the debug enabler is out of date but the debug options are available in Grim's core.
And yes the core hack you read about will be Grim's.

Really glad you got it all to work
The female skins, is that something i should find in CAS, cause i've tried and i don't see it or them there.

Do you know of any other downloads i need to install to get all my mods working. I have a txt document that doesn't seem to be making any difference with or without.

Thank you for all your help, and i do apoligize if i'm becoming a pain in your rear.
Test Subject
#199 Old 18th Dec 2012 at 11:53 PM
So i've been trying to get the village shoppe mod to work with no luck, which is very unfortunate for myself cause that is the only reason i started looking for mods to begin with!!
Scholar
#200 Old 19th Dec 2012 at 1:05 AM Last edited by ChickieTeeta : 19th Dec 2012 at 1:34 AM.
The female skins, is that something i should find in CAS, cause i've tried and i don't see it or them there.

Do you know of any other downloads i need to install to get all my mods working. I have a txt document that doesn't seem to be making any difference with or without.

Thank you for all your help, and i do apoligize if i'm becoming a pain in your rear.

Is the txt document something that was dropped in with the installer, like a read me or something?

Rick's female skins were default replacement skintones, which made the females more realistic and less barbie looking. So you should see it whenever they bathe, and if you've enabled nude sleeping etc through the core whenever they go to bed and get up.

edit
*tut* I keep saying Rick's female skintones, they're not Rick's they're Richdre's skintones.
Page 8 of 13