Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#201 Old 11th Jul 2018 at 9:52 PM
@Crooduire, You have done all that one can reasonably do, so the only thing I can think of to do is to give you my Sims2EP9.exe, that I know works. If that one does not work for you, then I am out of ideas at the moment. Make sure to back up your original by renaming it to Sims2EP9.bak or something like that.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Sims2EP9.zip (12.52 MB, 250 downloads) - View custom content

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Advertisement
Field Researcher
#202 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 4:07 AM
@TheJessaChannel. Jessa, you are a kind and wonderful human being. Downloaded, and I will install and test it tonight. THANK YOU!
Test Subject
#203 Old 12th Jul 2018 at 5:51 PM
I decided to try this for an issue I've been having where UC stops responding in the middle of loading a neighborhood. It seems to have helped some, but now when the neighborhood loads I just get a blank blue window (I play in windowed mode) while the sound continues, and then when I try to click on anything in the window it says it's not responding, but the music sill plays fine. Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Field Researcher
#204 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 4:00 AM
OK, I am still crashing, even though the patched .exe did help (my collections tab, which previously was taking up to five minutes to load, opened with a click). Anyway, something is seriously borked; as much as I dread it, I am doing a full backup and then will reinstall. Wish me luck!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#205 Old 14th Jul 2018 at 4:04 AM
Good luck! be careful of leftover registry keys. Don't reinstall unless everything has gone.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
#206 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 11:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by s4rts4
Hi! Thanks for your reply Loving-Em! I have a thread detailing my earlier problem and testing here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=608748
But here's the short version: I had last played around November 2017 and in March 2018 when I came back to the sims 2, I had very harsh pink flashing and crashing. I solved it by rolling back to earlier Windows 10 version.

The game is playing nice now, except when it reaches ~2gb RAM usage, then it crashes. My ISBI neighborhood has grown so much that it's been more frequent. I have read about the AMD problems that came around that time (November 2017) and updating the drivers seem to have helped in my case in conjunction to rolling back the Windows. I'm still trying to solve the 2gb RAM usage problem though.

Oh shit s4rts4 I totally thought you were a completely different person xD I am so sorry. I know you've been on this from the beginning, and have helped me, I'm sorry about that. What I get for not paying attention ^^;

Interestingly the pink flashing was what I experienced in the beginning too. Which was why I thought it was just my old ass neighborhood finally biting the bullet. Pink flashing had become rather a normal thing after awhile of play, but November was when it got the point where I couldn't even play anymore. Then all the weird saving shit started to happen in February, no pink flashing though in the new clean hood. As has been all said before. Ugh. Such a weird thing...

And again, sorry about the mix up!
Lab Assistant
#207 Old 2nd Aug 2018 at 6:48 PM
I finally got the 4gb patch to work (had compatibility options on accidently), but I'm still having issues.
It flashes pink ingame most of the time (sometimes it loads okay for 10 mins on small families before crashing or turning pink).
Is there anything else I can do? I've reinstalled UC already, and the 4gb patch has reduced crashes but stuff is still pink and I still get crashes lol.
https://i.imgur.com/WQMe613.png
https://i.imgur.com/vkNVrZI.png

edit-
after exiting a family the neighbourhood then loads fine??
https://i.imgur.com/7QvBMWR.png
then i load another family and it's pink again :/ https://i.imgur.com/UZy1pZF.png
Test Subject
#208 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 4:48 AM
I have followed every step in the video & turned off compatibility mode when applying the 4gb patch but it still doesn't seem to ever work for me? It definitely changes. I opened and ran the sims file I have that doesn't open origin in CSbin and the log changed to memory: 3556mb free memory:1388mb but it never ever gets to 4gb for both. I've ran as administrator and I felt like I've tried everything. No one can help me. I just wanna play ts2 without it crashing every time I leave the lot.
Test Subject
#209 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 9:53 PM
Hi, so I have a slight issue. Even when I play CC free this issue still occurs:

I have followed everything the guide said step by step and I have tried many different methods to help
My Game stopped crashing but there is still constant pink flashing. It makes me so sad because I LOVE the Sims 2 and It's become so unplayable.

I'd love if someone could please help me!
My PC Specs:
1060GTX GPU
i5 5500 CPU
16GB RAM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#210 Old 6th Aug 2018 at 9:53 PM
Honestly, you guys re: the pink flashing, I just do not know. The only thing the FINALLY fixed it for me was getting a Nvidia graphics card. Now, no crahing, no pink flashing since.

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Test Subject
#211 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:48 PM Last edited by kaymae : 11th Aug 2018 at 11:35 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by kaymae
I have followed every step in the video & turned off compatibility mode when applying the 4gb patch but it still doesn't seem to ever work for me? It definitely changes. I opened and ran the sims file I have that doesn't open origin in CSbin and the log changed to memory: 3556mb free memory:1388mb but it never ever gets to 4gb for both. I've ran as administrator and I felt like I've tried everything. No one can help me. I just wanna play ts2 without it crashing every time I leave the lot.

Does anyone know anyway they can help me? I don't know what I could possibly be doing wrong?
Lab Assistant
#212 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 12:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheJessaChannel
Honestly, you guys re: the pink flashing, I just do not know. The only thing the FINALLY fixed it for me was getting a Nvidia graphics card. Now, no crahing, no pink flashing since.

The fix applied when i moved my TS4EP9.exe to CSBin. It's finally running with no crashes but I'm unfortunately getting those pink flashes :/ I'm gonna try adding the card to "Video Cards.sgr" and see if that solves it :/
If that doesn't work, I give up
Instructor
#213 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 1:44 AM Last edited by suzymarie64 : 14th Aug 2018 at 2:04 AM.
Try using the Graphic Rules Maker from The Sims Network.
As of May 2018 they have a download for a newer version. Try it. If it still doesn't work, try the older version. Read the top of the page and read the directions too.
https://www.simsnetwork.com/tools/g...r#testerswanted

This is the SimWiki regarding compatible graphic cards. Might be outdated seeing the time it was written and newer cards coming out.
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...Recommendations

This is Sims 3 compatible cards
http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...em_Requirements

This is the Sims4 compatible cards
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/di...-sims-4-edition

There is also a few videos on YouTube that might help too (maybe you didn't do it right).
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...+2&&FORM=VDVVXX

If you really want to know the details of the GraphicRules for Sims 2
http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...(for_The_Sims_2)
Lab Assistant
#214 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 7:56 PM

Argh that's annoying, because I already have an Nvidia graphics card lool..
I thought it was caused by me using UC and not installing the games separately but that isn't the case.
My older Nvidia graphics card seemed to have no problems but after I upgraded I started getting the issues... But I'm guessing it was caused by a windows update between then??
I've tried the graphics rule maker but yeah at this point I'm 100% out of ideas
Link Ninja
#215 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 8:10 PM
@jwofles - it sounds like you have what I was having issues with a few weeks ago. I also had a Nvidia card but was getting the pink flashing after an driver update, even after doing graphics rules and the 4 GB patch. I am not on UC though. What did work was the OTHER thing in Jessa's video about putting in that file she links to task scheduler that basically clears out your standby memory every five minutes. Using that I have way less pink flash and crashing, can probably play the game for two hours at a time on average without trouble when before it crashed within five minutes and did pink as soon as I entered a lot.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#216 Old 16th Aug 2018 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jwofles
Argh that's annoying, because I already have an Nvidia graphics card lool..
I thought it was caused by me using UC and not installing the games separately but that isn't the case.
My older Nvidia graphics card seemed to have no problems but after I upgraded I started getting the issues... But I'm guessing it was caused by a windows update between then??
I've tried the graphics rule maker but yeah at this point I'm 100% out of ideas

Does your memory and free memory is the config-log file in the Log folder in the Sims Folder read as 4096?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Does your memory and free memory is the config-log file in the Log folder in the Sims Folder read as 4096?

Yup

Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@jwofles - it sounds like you have what I was having issues with a few weeks ago. I also had a Nvidia card but was getting the pink flashing after an driver update, even after doing graphics rules and the 4 GB patch. I am not on UC though. What did work was the OTHER thing in Jessa's video about putting in that file she links to task scheduler that basically clears out your standby memory every five minutes. Using that I have way less pink flash and crashing, can probably play the game for two hours at a time on average without trouble when before it crashed within five minutes and did pink as soon as I entered a lot.

Yeah I tried that, it doesn't seem to have much of an effect.

One thing that did help with turning off shaders ('boolprop useshaders false'), and perhaps turning down some graphics options. Turning shaders off nearly fixed all the pink flashing but then it started to come back afterwards. I got that trick from here .
Test Subject
#218 Old 6th Sep 2018 at 12:12 AM
(forwarded from here)

I tried downloading the 4GB Fix. Whenever I open it up, it just asks me to save it to a place in my computer. I tried deleting it and reinstalling. Same thing happened again.

Help? Thanks in advance.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#219 Old 10th Sep 2018 at 10:54 PM
You download and save it, then you extracted it? Inside should be an .exe type file.

~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#220 Old 22nd Oct 2018 at 4:18 PM
Just had to say a big THANK YOU to Jessa. I've been going crazy all week with random crashing with my Win10/TS2:UC installation. After doing the Graphics Rule update I was still having issues and almost gave up. Came across your video and followed all your instructions. (By the way - excellent tutorial - easy to follow and well spoken). After doing all that my game now plays without crashing and everything runs faster. (Anyone notice how fast a toddler beats on the creativity toy? LOL) Even the buy/build mode pages loads without a problem, and switching pages when choosing custom hair no longer hangs. Thanks again!
Test Subject
#221 Old 3rd Nov 2018 at 8:50 PM
Would someone pls help me!
I applied the 4Gb patch,( I had 2Gb of memory) and now I only have 1Gb !!! I don't now what to do, my game crashes all the time
now! I even followed the EmptyStandbyList but it changes nothing at all!

This is a guide on how to stop your Sims 2 game from crashing due to lack of memory or the 4gb patch not being properly applied. This is particularly helpful for Windows 10 users since there is currently a bug in a recent update but it also helped me, a Windows 7 user.

The video is step by step. However, you can skip it and go straight to the memory allocation fix. BUT, if you have not correctly applied the 4gb patch (Even if you think it is working it might not be!!!) then the memory allocation fix will not work so I suggest you just listen to the whole video.

This is thread for all discusion on these fixes. Please share tips and how they work for you. Here's to crash-free simming, everyone!

**IMPORTANT LINKS**

How I stopped my Sims 2 game from crashing. (My original post on the 4GB patch in 2011.)

The Windows 10 Update Bug and Fix (Many Thanks to /u/ marts_sum on Reddit.)

Fix for AMD RELIVE (If that is what is eating your standby memory.)

RAMMap (Microsoft)

The 4GB Patch (from NTCore)

**CREDITS**

I would not have found this fix without the kindness and help of gdayars. She dropped everything to come help me! Thank you so much!!

Also many thanks to Jo who told Gina about my crashing problems and started the whole ball rolling, Yeah, Jo!! *hug*

**LIVESIMMING**

We (my patrons and I) livesim every other Sunday. You are welcome to join us. Grab Your Mascot! This is Kettle Falls.
Field Researcher
#222 Old 5th Nov 2018 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lucyblued
Would someone pls help me!
I applied the 4Gb patch,( I had 2Gb of memory) and now I only have 1Gb !!! I don't now what to do, my game crashes all the time
now! I even followed the EmptyStandbyList but it changes nothing at all!

Did you update the Graphics Rules as well? Which version of Windows are you using? Which graphics card to you have?
Test Subject
#223 Old 19th Dec 2018 at 5:40 PM Last edited by suzannemariema : 19th Dec 2018 at 6:16 PM.
I need help!!!! I applied the 4GB patch to the fun with pets exe in the TSBin, cut and pasted it into the CSBin, and now it won't open the game at all. Creating a short cut also does not open the game at all.

I read elsewhere that it may be an issue with compatibility, even though I've dealt with that in the past already, but I decided to try and fix it. Now, I don't get an error. But it still won't open. Windows asks twice if I want the program to make changes to the computer, I say yes both time, and then nothing. The game never loads. I put it back into TSBin hoping to have it open again, but nothing.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!?

I'm so confused and frustrated. People in this thread have had similar problems, but nothing that describes what I'm dealing with, so I feel like I'm shooting in the dark here.

EDIT: I put the exe back into the TSBin, restarted my computer, and attempted to open it. It directed me to Origin, which then went through 2 minutes of confirming that I had the files, and then it let me hit play through Origin and it did open. However, now resolution has reverted back to where it was before.

Not sure what to make of that.

Memory is still showing at 2048MB. The patch *has not* applied. WHAT IS GOING ON.
Field Researcher
#224 Old 20th Dec 2018 at 10:58 PM
I probably solved my problem with game crashing and pink flashing. Need to play in windowed mode and clean a Thumbnail folder in Documents after every game session.
Test Subject
#225 Old 21st Dec 2018 at 6:54 AM
Hello again, ya'll! I have a new issue to ponder:

I scrapped my UC game and completely reinstalled my discs yesterday. I was finally able to figure out the resolution issue (make sure the game recognizes your graphics card - duh). So, resolution worked great!

I replaced the "The Sims 2" file with a backup I had from before installing UC. I took out the downloads folder, but kept in my neighborhoods. I went in to the game and had great resolution, but it kept crashing when I loaded a lot...and lot. I tried multiple time. I thought, "perhaps this is a memory issue, I should move on to attempting the 4GB patch>"

I applied the 4GB patch to my .exe file, cut it, pasted it into CSBin. Went back into the game.

The game no longer crashed at all but, the resolution went RIGHT BACK to no longer allowing anything but 800x600. I exited out and made sure the graphic rules still had the correct resolution specs and made sure that the graphics card was still recognized. Both were exactly as I left it. So...that was odd.

The 4GB patch, however did NOT change the amount of memory the game will read.

I put the .exe back into the TSBin, I went back into the game, the resolution could be fixed once again, and the game didn't crash immediately either. (why? so weird.)

But, the memory in the Log did not change an iota.

Guys. What is going on?
Page 9 of 15