Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#501 Old 26th Dec 2017 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emerald1234
i'll use this thanks! i'm still stuck on whether it should spread
oh and do i make the plantsims immortal?

it should spread.
*edit for my first post: when a plant sim makes contact with a normal sim, dice roll results could be:
1&4- normal sim turns into plant sim
2&5 - plantsim is killed
3&6 - plantsim is cured

you can change the numbers as you like. use two dice to add more probability
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#502 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 8:07 AM
I have a question for everyone!

What type of job/business would you have for a sim that may have gone through extensive, successful brainwashing? As my sim is no longer a threat to his captor, he has a new name and about $500 to his name for a new start (without his wife). But what type of job or business does he start?

Also, it's a very small town. Very small, but somewhat self-sufficient. As for my sim's skills, Loki Erik was formerly a scientist but now prefers gardening, reading, and drawing. He also has some experience as a store clerk.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Theorist
#503 Old 27th Dec 2017 at 10:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
but now prefers gardening, reading, and drawing. He also has some experience as a store clerk.

Well then wouldn't selling fruit and vegetables be the logical choice? It's also the farthest away from his old life I'd say. He could also showcase some paintings in his fruit/vegetable store for additional income.
Forum Resident
#504 Old 28th Dec 2017 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Well then wouldn't selling fruit and vegetables be the logical choice? It's also the farthest away from his old life I'd say. He could also showcase some paintings in his fruit/vegetable store for additional income.
I've been wondering about that. I might do a Harvest Moon Challenge with him. That's always a fun challenge. (That and Medieval Sims has given me so many other farming options...)

It's a delicate balance.
Top Secret Researcher
#505 Old 15th Jan 2018 at 10:13 PM
OK I have some more on my Aliens Everywhere game

First some background.

Since I now have an Überhood I decided that some of the Alien Clans will move some of their people from Strangetown and Bluewater Village and Downtown to Veronaville, Pleasantview and Riverblossom Hills.

The various Alien Clans work together sort of like the Mafia or the Tongs. Overall aim of these Aliens is to take over.

Consort Capp is the leader of the opposition Anti-Alien Association, of course headquartered in Veronaville.

I decided that the Smith/Davis/Nigmos Alien Clan is run by the Sisters Chloë and Lola. Established Clan that is very tightly nitted

I decided that the O'Nial Alien Clan is run by Ceridwen O'Nial and her Brother Liam O'Nial the Founders. Established Clan that is very tightly nitted

I decided O'Donal Alien Clan is run by Llewellyn O'Donal with his Adopted Mom Xena O'Donal the Bot being his Advisor. Note that the O'Donal Alien Clan is very new.

I also decided that the FitzHugh Alien Clan is run by the Founding Sisters Úna FitzHugh & Mór FitzHugh. Established Clan that is very tightly nitted. They decided that their brother Dwyer FitzHugh would take his two wives and move from Mór FitzHugh's house in Bluewater Village to Pleasantview and that one of the sons of their departed brother, Tiernan Delarosa would take his wife and move from the Kat house in Strangetown to Riverblossom Hills

I have not decided where Dwyer FitzHugh should live in Pleasantview, whether he should move in with one of the local families or move into a new house. I think I am going to have him do his move when Pleasantview comes up in my rotation.

Also I have not decided where Tiernan Delarosa should live in Riverblossom Hills, whether he should move in with one of the local families or move into a new house. I think I am going to have him do his move when Riverblossom Hills comes up in my rotation.

I have decided that the other Alien Clans will move someone belonging to their clan, with the Smith/Davis/Nigmos Alien Clan and the O'Nial Alien Clan both finding someone to move, while since the O'Donal Alien Clan has someone at University they will have one of their graduates move to Pleasantview or Veronaville, or Riverblossom Hills.

I am thinking of having the Smith/Davis/Nigmos Alien Clan move one of their members to Veronaville, but I have not really considered who it will be at this point. Maybe Johnny Nigmos might be the one chosen.

OK my questions:

Since the FitzHughs will be in Pleasantview and Riverblossom Hills, with the Smith/Davis/Nigmos Alien Clan in Veronaville. Which place or places should the Established Alien Clan, the O'Nials pick to have a member of their clan move to among Pleasantview or Veronaville, or Riverblossom Hills?

Note: It was decided that the O'Donals would move someone to Pleasantview or Veronaville, or Riverblossom Hills based on what the O'Nials should choose.

Should Dwyer FitzHugh start a new household or move in with some other family in Pleasantview?

If he should move in with someone, which family?

Should Tiernan Delarosa start a new household or move in with some other family in Riverblossom Hills?

For the FitzHughs: they would pick a Family to move in with if it was to the Clan's Advantage or just if it is convenient for them.

Should Johnny Nigmos be chosen to move to Veronaville?

If Johnny is chosen does his commune move with him? Note: They would have someone from the clan take over his old house.

Should Johnny start a new household or move in with some other family in Veronaville?

Johnny would pick a Family to move in with if it was to the Clan's Advantage or just if it is convenient for Johnny et al.

I appreciate any ideas.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Curiosity killed the cat,
but satisfaction brought it back.
Field Researcher
#506 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 8:22 AM
Lydia Greenock, fourth-generation heir of a large clan, is a university student who's planning to marry and have a child to carry on the family line soon after graduation. She looked around for attractive young men (via crystal ball) and her top chemistry matches included Kennedy Cox (neighbourhood troublemaker who starts fights at comm lots, and I don't like his nose), Robert the sports hobby leader (also a Maxis face template), a young man who's already spoken for by another sim in town... and Gus Roth, a townie generated from nicer face defaults and further gussied up with stubble and some hipster glasses. Gus is cute and Lydia seems to like him, but there's a slight catch.

Lydia's grandfather Denny was also a Roth. Of course it's coincidence that Gus generated with the same surname - but should I play it off as a coincidence, or a genuine connection? Denny, a corrupt politician, could have been the type to sneak out on his wife (or could have been more sensible than that, as she was the supervillain/mafia boss in town!), but it would have been a bad move for his career to acknowledge byblows by giving them his (maiden) surname. Or perhaps Lydia's mafia gran was Denny's second marriage? That would make Gus and Lydia possibly first cousins. Or another Roth in the area could be a descendant of a (fictional) sibling of grandpa Denny's, making Gus a second cousin to Lydia. That's a degree of kinship which is not recognised as incestuous by Sim law... but would it be considered socially appropriate for her to marry him, or lead to censure?

The Greenocks are one of the oldest and richest families in the hood. The current head of the family, Lydia's aunt, is trying to make up for her parents' evil deeds; she grew up with the LTW of becoming Captain Hero and has jailed her mother's previous associates. Lydia's mother has followed her dad into politics, attempting to reform his party from within rather than join the opposing party. They're socially conservative, have a large house with landscaping professionally maintained (where other families in the hood, even rich ones, like to get their hands dirty), and tend towards Fortune and Popularity aspirations. Might they prefer an unexceptionable, completely unrelated spouse for their heir - or do they let their rich, spoilt girl do as she pleases - or would marrying a not-too-close cousin be seen as a good way to keep the money in the family - or what?
Mad Poster
#507 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 9:13 AM
lordtyger9, I think it would help if we had a clearer idea of why these sims are moving into the different subhoods and how that factors into their plans for world domination. Is it just for the social connections of living next door?

Pebblerocker, I sort of have a rule when it comes to things like this: it's never a coincidence. Two sims with the same last name are always related somehow, though perhaps distantly. So I would say Gus Roth and Lydia Greenock are absolutely related in some way, though how exactly that is and if either of them realizes it (and if she'd bring it up: "Huh...Roth, you say? My grandfather's name was Roth too...isn't that strange?") are more up in the air, I think. There are quite a few different possibilities.

Perhaps Gus is Denny's son, but perhaps Denny had no say whatsoever in how he was named. (I'm not sure if there are laws about this in your sims world, but where I live irl parents are free to choose whatever surnames they please for their children; surnames usually are but need no be passed down through families, and Mary Sue Pleasant could absolutely name her son Gus Roth if she wanted to. I suppose the only question there is: why would she want to? But if Denny Roth was Gus' father, that gives her a reason.) Perhaps Gus is the result not from a previous marriage but from a brief premarital fling or perhaps even a one night stand; Denny may not have ever known about Gus, despite being his biological father. Gus might even be the child of Denny and another Roth, say his own second cousin! Perhaps he's was actually adopted by a Roth and there fore is not blood related at all!

But here's another thing to consider: even if they weren't related, would it be socially appropriate for her to marry him, given that some people might assume they were related? Roth isn't exactly the most common last name, is it? How often is one or both of them going to have to laugh and say, "Oh, no! We're not related at all! It's just a coincidence that Gus shares a surname with Lydia's grandfather!" The family is already under such close public scrutiny, it might not be prudent to add in gossip fodder like this. (Perhaps Gus should quietly have his name legally changed to something like Wroth or Ruth before their relationship becomes public knowledge? Or would doing that just raise suspicion should anyone find out?) How strange is it in this part of the world for sims to knowingly marry distant relations? Who would likely object? Would it tend to lead more to snickers or haughty disgust? Or perhaps to accusations of these old rich families just trying to consolidate power/money like old, rich, greedy families tend to do! It does sound like Lydia and her family are in a position where people are going to ask who her new beau is and where he came from and what his family is like. Maybe it's a risk she's willing to take given everything, but maybe it isn't.
Top Secret Researcher
#508 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pebblerocker
Lydia Greenock, fourth-generation heir of a large clan, is a university student who's planning to marry and have a child to carry on the family line soon after graduation. She looked around for attractive young men (via crystal ball) and her top chemistry matches included Kennedy Cox (neighbourhood troublemaker who starts fights at comm lots, and I don't like his nose), Robert the sports hobby leader (also a Maxis face template), a young man who's already spoken for by another sim in town... and Gus Roth, a townie generated from nicer face defaults and further gussied up with stubble and some hipster glasses. Gus is cute and Lydia seems to like him, but there's a slight catch.

Lydia's grandfather Denny was also a Roth. Of course it's coincidence that Gus generated with the same surname - but should I play it off as a coincidence, or a genuine connection? Denny, a corrupt politician, could have been the type to sneak out on his wife (or could have been more sensible than that, as she was the supervillain/mafia boss in town!), but it would have been a bad move for his career to acknowledge byblows by giving them his (maiden) surname. Or perhaps Lydia's mafia gran was Denny's second marriage? That would make Gus and Lydia possibly first cousins. Or another Roth in the area could be a descendant of a (fictional) sibling of grandpa Denny's, making Gus a second cousin to Lydia. That's a degree of kinship which is not recognised as incestuous by Sim law... but would it be considered socially appropriate for her to marry him, or lead to censure?

The Greenocks are one of the oldest and richest families in the hood. The current head of the family, Lydia's aunt, is trying to make up for her parents' evil deeds; she grew up with the LTW of becoming Captain Hero and has jailed her mother's previous associates. Lydia's mother has followed her dad into politics, attempting to reform his party from within rather than join the opposing party. They're socially conservative, have a large house with landscaping professionally maintained (where other families in the hood, even rich ones, like to get their hands dirty), and tend towards Fortune and Popularity aspirations. Might they prefer an unexceptionable, completely unrelated spouse for their heir - or do they let their rich, spoilt girl do as she pleases - or would marrying a not-too-close cousin be seen as a good way to keep the money in the family - or what?

I would say that Gus Roth is a relative, but not a close relative, being a third cousin from a branch of the Roths that Denny's part of the Roths had lost touch with. Make him a decendant of a cousin of grandpa Denny's. Also I would say that Lydia's Aunt is rather pleased to have someone of Good Lineage be a possible spouse for the Family Heir.

for info on changing the Mac Open File Limit check out my post here http://www.insimenator.org/index.ph...html#msg1628939
Top Secret Researcher
#509 Old 19th Jan 2018 at 3:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
lordtyger9, I think it would help if we had a clearer idea of why these sims are moving into the different subhoods and how that factors into their plans for world domination. Is it just for the social connections of living next door?

<snip>

I am thinking that there was a conference among several of the Alien leaders and they hatched a plan to move some of the Aliens into some of the subhoods for the social connection of living near by. As it would better give them an excuse to visit and socialize with the locals in those subhoods, most of which are not all that familiar with the Aliens at this point.

I was thinking that the Aliens who would be moving would have been chosen as project leaders. Sort of like Dons for a Mafia Family and the Family is moving in to a new Territory.

Mad Poster
#510 Old 22nd Jan 2018 at 4:32 PM
In that case, I would say choose the new project leaders primarily based on Charisma skill and already established social connections both within the alien clans and without.
Field Researcher
#511 Old 25th Jan 2018 at 6:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Pebblerocker, I sort of have a rule when it comes to things like this: it's never a coincidence. Two sims with the same last name are always related somehow, though perhaps distantly.
(...)
How strange is it in this part of the world for sims to knowingly marry distant relations? Who would likely object? Would it tend to lead more to snickers or haughty disgust? Or perhaps to accusations of these old rich families just trying to consolidate power/money like old, rich, greedy families tend to do!.

Thanks for your input!

I think I'll go with your idea that the pairing will come across to people as a greedy, insular family consolidating their money. Gus can be a cousin who's distant enough not to be icky to anyone in an incestuous way, but he's from a known branch of Denny's family who are just as rich and well-connected as the Greenocks. Lydia's parents and aunt will be very satisfied with the match, but it won't go down quite so well with the public.

Denny's two daughters worked so hard to repair the damage done to the Greenock family by the dirty dealings of their crooked parents. Thanks to Lydia's choice of spouse, the next generation won't be as admired as they'd hoped. In Denny's day the Greenocks were known for being powerful, evil and above the law; now, despite all Auntie Hero's selfless works, they're just going to be seen as rich, selfish and snobby, too good to marry even slightly below their class. Perhaps they can be the leading light of society and gain a favourable reputation in the generation after that...
Scholar
#512 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 9:57 PM
i'm hoping for a quick answer to this-hope i'm not coming across as rude

in my uber-megahood,the low lying hoods will be flooded so there will they flee to? it has to be high land.

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Theorist
#513 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:06 PM
i'm hoping for a quick answer to this-hope i'm not coming across as rude

in my uber-megahood,the low lying hoods will be flooded so there will they flee to? it has to be high land.

Riverblossom Hills is implied to be in the mountains, hence it being cold there.

And I don't know if Strangetown will be flooded, but it's in the desert, probably far away from the sea.
Scholar
#514 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:12 PM
thanks but what type of people would move to which one? where would the rich go? the poor?

My Tumblr
Theorist
#515 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:27 PM
thanks but what type of people would move to which one? where would the rich go? the poor?

Well you could go either way, depending on what you like best:

The rich choose Strangetown, because it's warmer and turn it into something like Lucky Palms/Palm Springs and the poor have to go to cold, dreary Riverblossom hills.
Or the rich choose Riverblossom Hills due to being greener and more temperate and the poor have to build a shanty town in the dusty, unforgiving deserts of Strangetown.
Scholar
#516 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:31 PM
i'll use strangetown for the rich because it'll just be like a holiday/vacation for them in the lovely sun...while the poor suffer in freezing riverblossom hills.

My Tumblr
Forum Resident
#517 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:33 PM
So, I'm having a crisis about my sim's mid-life crisis. A better description is that I have no idea what to do with my elder sim. He's a few days past elder. He's not filthy rich, but his wallet is more padded than most of my neighborhood. He's a Romance sim, with a few side lovers, but he's never been committed to anyone. He also has no children and owns his house.

True, he could start a business, but that just doesn't feel right for a sim that has already filled his LTW. He then rolled another LTW that dealt with another career.

So what should I do with him? I have him going on his first vacation with a few of his cuties (that should be interesting), but I don't know what to do with him after that?

It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#518 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:41 PM
maybe:

1.make him settle down in a polygamic relationship so he can have kids
2.make him get murdered and so have a complex murder plot who killed him and why?
3.make him a murderer
4.being a romance sim he can run a brothel.

My Tumblr
Mad Poster
#519 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 10:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AliaD85
He then rolled another LTW that dealt with another career.

Roll him a new non-career LTW...like 50 Dream Dates.
But also...just what does he want right now? Is he working on maxing some skills? Maxing a hobby? He could probably spend the remainder of his days quite happily fulfilling shorter term goals.
Forum Resident
#520 Old 4th Feb 2018 at 11:02 PM Last edited by AliaD85 : 4th Feb 2018 at 11:18 PM.
Right now, my elder Danver wants to fall in love with a formerly homeless sim of mine, named Mason. He's been rolling wants for a while on that. He's also rolled wants to ask out a Sim, which I figure means Mason. I just don't know what to do on that note. Especially as Mason is dating someone else!

As for his skills and hobbies? He's maxed his music/dance hobby and is also amazing with a guitar. He's Maxed his creativity skills too.

Vacation Update: I'm not sure how important this is, but a little information on how the vacation is going. One of Danver's lovers is following him around everywhere. Everytime a thought bubble pops up, they're thinking about each other. I don't know if they're trying to tell me something or what...

It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#521 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 12:55 AM
Follow the wants. Let him date Mason - he's Romance, what does he care about who else he's dating? Sounds to me like he's got a stalker, too - you can go somewhere exciting with that, if you like.

Maybe he retires and wanders the 'hood, busking and dating and playing Cupid for younger sims.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#522 Old 5th Feb 2018 at 1:41 AM
On the topic of Mason, I think it depends a lot on what Mason wants as well. What's Mason's aspiration? How does Mason feel about the person he's dating vs Danver? Do you have some sort of mods to fix the jealousy so it's not "cheating" when it's not a committed relationship?
Forum Resident
#523 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:11 AM
So, Mason is a fortune sim. He had to work his fingers to the bone to restore the old, empty house he was squatting in, before buying the house and getting the utilities going. Mason and Danver became friends while Mason was playing guitar (and earning tips) at a local restaurant.

But yeah, Mason is dating someone and it is a committed relationship. Those two crushed on each other awful quick. Love came faster, and I had to make both of them wait when Mason rolled about an engagement. Poor Danver is out of luck there.

I'm thinking about letting him live out the rest of his life just vacationing. Exploring different vacation hoods (even if he doesn't want to meet BigFoot). I did take your advice, Rosawyn. He's currently trying to Woohoo 10 different sims, which is a want he just rolled.

My problem is that I like having my sims pass things on, but I sort of like having stories end differently. I did afterall have my first childless couple turn elder. So unless they adopt (doubtful) that's it. Guess, I'm a little attached to Danver... I'm trying to decide whether or not to even bother giving him an oops baby. He's too careful for something like that to happen. Maybe, I'll just let him live his life out.

(I know some will just say do what I want, but doing what I want is the reason I instituted a different gameplay to shake things up and make my sims lives different and interesting.)

It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#524 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 5:24 AM
You could always go the 'baby left on the doorstep' route.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#525 Old 6th Feb 2018 at 6:15 AM
You could make the oops baby a random occurence. I use a formula based on both sims neat scores that gives very neat sims a 1% chance. If both are sloppy, it's 5 or 10%, I don't remember right now. I just roll a random number generator every time they woohoo. That way, you still didn't decide to do it like always.
Page 21 of 48