Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Cash Register Trainer (Global Mod version) - *UPD 07 NOV 2008*

by Numenor Posted 14th Jan 2007 at 12:37 AM - Updated 7th Nov 2008 at 10:21 AM by Numenor : UPDATE: Faster skilling + OK with FT and AL

107 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 93 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 7:03 AM
This rocks!

Does it work on employees? Because they're really annoying me, now....
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 16th Jun 2008 at 10:49 PM
Only selectable sims can train on the register; you can't "order" to an employee to train (if you want a trained employee, then you must hire a more expensive one )

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#78 Old 17th Sep 2008 at 12:23 PM
Thanks for reporting (and sorry for the delay); I'll check this mod against FreeTime and AL as soon as possible.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Mad Poster
#79 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 2:53 AM
I just found this today and saw the post about it not working with Free Time. I will be sooooo happy when I can use this in my game. (I have AL as well as FT)

By the way, I was curious: Will this work with any custom cash register objects?
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 8:52 AM
I have tested the mod with my clean "all EP" game (that included also FT and AL), and it works perfectly fine; and I checked the code to see if something could conflict with the new EPs, and there is nothing that can prevent a correct functioning.
Therefore, despite what ChelsDS reported, thi mod IS compatible with FT and AL and any other EP. Of course, as explained in the first post, the requirements for it to work are:

- OFB is obviously required;
- only the shop owner and his family members (children to elder) can practice;
- the shop must be CLOSED (you can't practice in front of the customers!).

This mod should also automatically change the behaviour of all the custom cash registers, as long as the creator only changed the mesh and didn't modify the internal code (in particular, the custom register must use the semiglobal TTAB).

The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#81 Old 7th Nov 2008 at 10:22 AM
Default Update
CASH REGISTER TRAINER - *OFB REQUIRED*
Compatible with any game up to Apartment Life

07 Nov 2008 - UPDATE: Skill gaining speed now is twice as faster
(when training, in real life, you concentrate on learning, right? )
Tested and working with FreeTime and Apartment Life

Field Researcher
#82 Old 14th Nov 2008 at 1:16 AM
Awesome hack sims are already stupid enough. WHEN YOUR BUMP INTO ANOTHER PERSON LET ONE PASS DON"T RUN INTO HIM AGAIN AAAAAAAGH. Anyway great post You da
Test Subject
#83 Old 2nd Jan 2009 at 11:22 PM
Hi Numenor,

Just wondering if you could make it so that you could assign your employees to practise, like when you make them work OVERTIME? I would really like that.

And thanks, this is great! I have my kids going to my businesses doing it so that they can learn and join the family business!

El Jamo waz here
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 3rd Jan 2009 at 1:11 AM
In real life, you can either hire an experienced employee (bigger wage but great efficiency) or a less experienced one (smaller wage, but causes little troubles in the shop, due to his low efficiency).
Hiring an inexperienced worker and then forcing him to practice (overtime!) it's like cheating to me Probably it's just a matter of personal preferences, but I'm not going to modify this hack the way you suggest.

Test Subject
#85 Old 10th Jan 2009 at 2:35 AM
Wow, what a fantastic idea! Thanks!
Test Subject
#86 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 8:25 AM
THANK YOU!
I swear, you are a LIFESAVER! :D
Forum Resident
#87 Old 27th Sep 2009 at 6:57 AM
Love it! Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 10th Oct 2009 at 12:34 PM
I love you!

Hee - hee, Aaow~
Test Subject
#89 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 5:44 AM
Genius! Working myself with a cash register i hate how those sims takes time to find their buttons! Great idea again! thanks alot!
Test Subject
#90 Old 2nd May 2010 at 8:43 AM
OMG, Numenor you are the best!
Test Subject
#91 Old 18th Aug 2010 at 3:25 AM
Thanks this is great for our sims
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 8th Nov 2010 at 8:52 AM
thankyou
Test Subject
#93 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 8:31 AM
Thanks for the break! My Sims is proud to open their business with the gold medal in cash Register Thanks to you the life in my hoods runs more smoothly!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 30th Jan 2011 at 12:40 AM
Where has this been all my life?
Instructor
THANKS POST
#95 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 11:38 AM
Thank you so much!!! Exactly what I wanted!
Test Subject
#96 Old 21st Jun 2011 at 8:53 PM
Very nice, but somehow (the file server crash ?) the updated version has been replaced again by the original one, as the GLOBAL-MOD file still shows its original January 2007 date, and doesn't match the info given under 'View Custom Content'.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#97 Old 12th Dec 2011 at 3:08 PM
Just perfect - now my little sim kids (who will be learning the family business anyway) can play on the tills when the shop is shut! Not to mention new business owners of any age...

After all, who IRL lets a new staff member loose on the till (actually serving customers) without any kind of training?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 2nd Apr 2012 at 11:16 PM
This is a great mod. I was looking for something that I could get my employees to learn the register without making my customers mad. thanks
Instructor
THANKS POST
#99 Old 15th May 2012 at 10:04 PM
My first day back on Sims 2 after the Sims 3 escapade and this HAS to be my first CC download, Gees it's good to be back! Thanks Numenor
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 28th Sep 2012 at 9:00 PM
You're a genius, thank you so much
Page 4 of 5