Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 12:26 PM
> waiting for igazor and the nraas company to respond..

About those tricky date calls, use Nraas Woohooer. As posted on their site...
Quote:
Click on Sim > NRaas > Woohooer > Romance > Interaction Level: Married > Spouse
Note: You may have to temporarily switch the active household to remove the alarms triggering the nuisance if they are still occurring.

As for the stories repeating, why don't try fiddling around with the settings for a while until you find something that works?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 12:45 PM Last edited by dlseis : 13th Dec 2017 at 12:56 PM.
Nraas SP is great, but it has it's own set of problems. (igazor and company, please let me rant here, I have rectified half of these problems )

> My town has turned into a matriarchy, since most Sims take on the last name of the mother. Very rarely did Sims commit themselves into lifelong marriage. Most either just stay into an eternal romantic relationship, or in an permanent engagement, but no marriage.

> My town has been locked into a lifelong romantic cat-and-mouse game. (Sim A falls in love with Sim B > relationship > engaged > breakup > falls in love again.. and produce children along the way.)

> Left unmodified, there are lots of May-December relationships running wild through the town.
Scholar
#28 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 1:42 PM
Yes indeed! Those two puddings that got married are reported to have been quarreling in public, then minutes later they appear to have made up, since she's expecting Finnington's first 'new arrival'. Meanwhile I created another new sim and named him Zack Speed - and he certainly lives up to it! In no time he was going steady with one of the two sims I put in yesterday, had moved out of the apartment I'd given him and in with her. I can see that being a stormy relationship though, since I gave him the flirty and commitment issues traits and his LTW is to be a Master Romancer. I've already seen a couple of dust clouds as my sims have gone about town, I suspect there will be a lot more!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Top Secret Researcher
#29 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 2:24 PM Last edited by barbarat : 13th Dec 2017 at 3:09 PM. Reason: Fixed Link
Quote:
One of the things I want to do is to stop NPC sims from phoning my sims and asking them out on a date if the NPC already has a partner. They get my sims' hopes (and mine) up, and then reveal they have a partner already. Is there a way to stop that?

For those annoying date calls and attraction tuning scroll down to How do I stop those annoying date calls or Tuning Attraction Phone Calls - Gifts and Dates On This Page At NRaas
Quote:
The other thing is, the reason I said it seems like same-ole-same-ole is because SP keeps generating the same stories over and over and over and over. I want the peeps to start doing new and different things!

There are settings options in SP that will allow you manage the stories you want to see. SP will push sims to some actions. However, SP alone does not preside over all sim actions. Rather it works with other mod settings to push or stop some types of behavior. For example there are settings in Retuner, Woohooer, Register, etc. etc. that will push sims or stop sims actions.

I have a couple of suggestions that might help you:

Take a look at our Gameplay FAQ's And Tips. It is an informal "Cheat Sheet" providing help, tips and links to all kinds of sims game play. Look for the things you want your "peeps to start doing". There are suggestions and links to mods, tuning, etc.

Story Progression is a huge complex mod that takes time and patience to "master" if that's even possible. I am assuming you have seen The Interaction Page and The FAQ.

Your best bet for more assistance would be to start a thread in Chatter Box over at NRaas where the mod lives (free membership required). Most of the members at NRass have a lot of experience and by having your issues in a single thread it would be easier to nail down your issues and get you some help.
Scholar
#30 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:07 PM
I don't know if I want to use SP. On the one hand, it does sound neat and might bring more life to my towns, even keeping up with the fathers of the kids my sims have, without having to talk on the phone and all. But, on the other hand, it also sounds like it would ruin my 'idea' on what each household is like. I'm torn if I should try it out.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 4:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I don't know if I want to use SP. On the one hand, it does sound neat and might bring more life to my towns, even keeping up with the fathers of the kids my sims have, without having to talk on the phone and all. But, on the other hand, it also sounds like it would ruin my 'idea' on what each household is like. I'm torn if I should try it out.

Hi CatMuto. I was a long time simmer before actually trying SP. I started by just installing the base mod without changing any settings at first just to have an idea of how it works. Even with just the base mod my town immediately came to life. The more I played the more I wanted to be able to control so started changing some settings and that led to adding modules. The mod is huge and complex. Even finding settings in the FAQ can be frustrating but that's what NRaas Chatter box is for. I can not imagine not playing with it.
Mad Poster
#32 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 3:56 AM
@CatMuto -I was quick to add NRaas Mods to my game after getting repeated corrupted,glitched and ruined saves from the EA bugfest.I started tuning and configuring my settings right away and got story progression to work more like TS2's story progression and that's made my towns come alive and grow as I was struggling to even play before NRaas story progression got forced on me by that 163 patch.I've been using ever since then and have learned to make sure to have all modules installed as I don't even want couples pushed to cheat unless I directed them to start.
Top Secret Researcher
#33 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 2:22 PM
Quote:
I was struggling to even play before NRaas story progression got forced on me by that 163 patch.

Just for the sake of clarity for newer Sim Players or others not familiar with some of the NRaas mods NRass Story Progression is not automatically installed due to a patch.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 3:18 PM
Okay, people will definitely kill me over this.

The stuff they talk about what EA Story progression will do, just never happened to me. My main problems came from NRAAS. Since Igazor lurks here, so um...
Sometimes I turn off NRAAS when things get too chaotic & I find EA system less head-aching. I'm sure NRAAS is good, you just need to read on what every single thing does & sometimes I'm too stressed from work to even bother. So I still don't know what I can do with it, I always disable pretty much everything NRAAS would do every time I start a new world & work myself up from there. I just found out that for some reason, service sims will not wear their work uniform in my game & if sims brawl, they get sleepy right away. But when I turn NRAAS off, everything works fine.

But then again, I only play Sims 3 for a bit over 2 years... (I know MTS said this account was made in 2014, but I took a break for a yr).

I'm a big fan of Master Controller, though...
Site Helper
#35 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:01 PM
The sims getting tired after they brawl is due to the "chance of injury" setting.
And yes, NRAAS Story Progression does feel like a ton of bricks sometimes. But I am one of the ones who switched away from my family while I fixed a problem in another household, and when I switched back the wife and teenaged twins were gone, the husband had changed jobs, there was a new adopted toddler boy, and they were living in a different house. (which took me forever to even find, and when I did find it, the husband who was not supposed to interact with anybody outside the family had 32 friends.)

Even with NRAAS Story Progression, I never change families anymore. I know it's safe now, but I still can't bring myself to do it.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#36 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
Okay, people will definitely kill me over this.

Only one person I know of here would even think of such a thing. His initials are GP. (and I bet I'm going to get into trouble for this myself...)

Quote: Originally posted by Lonerbum
The stuff they talk about what EA Story progression will do, just never happened to me. My main problems came from NRAAS. Since Igazor lurks here, so um...
Sometimes I turn off NRAAS when things get too chaotic & I find EA system less head-aching. I'm sure NRAAS is good, you just need to read on what every single thing does & sometimes I'm too stressed from work to even bother. So I still don't know what I can do with it, I always disable pretty much everything NRAAS would do every time I start a new world & work myself up from there. I just found out that for some reason, service sims will not wear their work uniform in my game & if sims brawl, they get sleepy right away. But when I turn NRAAS off, everything works fine.

But then again, I only play Sims 3 for a bit over 2 years... (I know MTS said this account was made in 2014, but I took a break for a yr).

I'm a big fan of Master Controller, though...

Not sure how actively participating in a discussion counts as "lurking." Perhaps look back one page?

If Service Sims wearing the wrong uniforms, brawling sims are being injured too easily, and everything happening too fast (there are speed controls on SP) are the extent of your issues, then I'm sorry but this isn't really a whole lot to be concerned about overall for most players. I take it that your issues with the mod go much deeper than that. If EA's progression works out better for you, then by all means that would be the one for you to use. But the place for assistance with SP settings to get it tamed the way a particular player might want, or to address issues that seem to be peculiar to one particular ongoing save or one particular player's style of play, the better place for that discussion to be had would be at NRaas.

SP isn't supposed to be like eating green vegetables for those who cannot stand them. You aren't meant to force yourself to use a mod that just isn't working out or not any fun for you just because by reputation it's healthier or something like that.

Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
Even with NRAAS Story Progression, I never change families anymore. I know it's safe now, but I still can't bring myself to do it.

Well, it's not exactly safe "out of the box." SP provides the tools to make Rotational Play (changing active households) more workable, but it does take some work to set up this kind of structure. How simple or how complicated one wants to get with the options is ultimately up to the player.
http://nraas.wikispaces.com/Story+P...+Caste+Settings
Scholar
#37 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
@CatMuto -I was quick to add NRaas Mods to my game after getting repeated corrupted,glitched and ruined saves from the EA bugfest.I started tuning and configuring my settings right away and got story progression to work more like TS2's story progression and that's made my towns come alive and grow as I was struggling to even play before NRaas story progression got forced on me by that 163 patch.I've been using ever since then and have learned to make sure to have all modules installed as I don't even want couples pushed to cheat unless I directed them to start.

I'm giving it another shot. Even though I looked at the FAQ and see how I set up a 'elementary school' (children as students only) and 'highschool' (teens as students only), I click the menus and it doesn't open for Caste: Require... I'm sure I grabbed all the module parts I want. (Base, School, Population, and Extra)
Mad Poster
#38 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
I'm giving it another shot. Even though I looked at the FAQ and see how I set up a 'elementary school' (children as students only) and 'highschool' (teens as students only), I click the menus and it doesn't open for Caste: Require... I'm sure I grabbed all the module parts I want. (Base, School, Population, and Extra)

Are you looking under SP > Lot Options on the lots that house the schools for those restrictions?

Also note that the GoHere mod is required for the Lot Options caste restrictions to actually be honored, once we find where these settings are hiding.
Scholar
#39 Old 14th Dec 2017 at 5:07 PM Last edited by CatMuto : 14th Dec 2017 at 5:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
Are you looking under SP > Lot Options on the lots that house the schools for those restrictions?

Also note that the GoHere mod is required for the Lot Options caste restrictions to actually be honored, once we find where these settings are hiding.

Yeah, I double-checked and grabbed GoHere, and am loading my file right now.
I have two schools, one the IP one that is also part-stadium, and the base game school. I click on the basegame school, SP -> Lot Options -> Caste: Require and it does nothing. It loads back up to the same menu.

No, wait... I think I got it now.
#40 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 5:19 AM
Yeah, none of that stuff has ever happened to me with regular progression either. The idea that they seem only to exist for my sims' entertainment is about the opposite of what they're really doing.
Field Researcher
#41 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 8:52 AM
How uncommon this is that I never experienced ghost town syndrome so far? My towns tend to become overcrowded before the third generation kicks in and that drove me nuts every time. So much pudding faces and so little motivation and faith to makeover them all.
Scholar
#42 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 11:50 AM Last edited by Elynda : 15th Dec 2017 at 12:58 PM.
I just had one of my sims visit Champs Les Sims and was immediately faced with the question of whether to activate Nraas Story Progression there or not. Anybody got any insights about that? Is it a good idea, or will it mess things up so far as adventures are concerned?

Also, I seem to recall there was some difficulty about exploring tombs, was that related to SP? I can't remember.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Top Secret Researcher
#43 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I just had one of my sims visit Champs Les Sims and was immediately faced with the question of whether to activate Nraas Story Progression there or not. Anybody got any insights about that? Is it a good idea, or will it mess things up so far as adventures are concerned?

Also, I seem to recall there was some difficulty about exploring tombs, was that related to SP? I can't remember.

I am sure everyone will have different experiences with WA depending upon their systems and mods they are using to allow the game to play the way they want to see it. My experience with SP and WA play has not been inhibited by SP. I really have never noticed any negative impact. The only problems I ever had with the tombs were caused by EA bugs. Some were corrected by EA in patches and for other glitches mods have helped correct issues.

Again, only my experience. Not necessarily the Gospel.

You might want to consider making a copy of your game and having your sims travel keeping SP active and see if you notice any activity you do not want in the game.
Site Helper
#44 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:30 PM
I let SP activate in vacation worlds because I like seeing the Personality stories, and I have not had it messing up any adventures.

The only difficulty I've seen with NRAAS mods in exploring tombs was that if you don't go into the Base Camp and disable the menus being displayed everywhere, then you can't just run your cursor along the wall and click "inspect" when the icon changes to show that you've spotted a secret door. With the menus, there is always an interaction attached to the wall or the floor. But this involves any mod that will add menus to lots or objects. (And it's no big deal to just click all along the wall or floor and look for an additional "Inspect" option.)

Edit: HI Barbarat!

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Top Secret Researcher
#45 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 2:48 PM
I let SP activate in vacation worlds because I like seeing the Personality stories, and I have not had it messing up any adventures.
The only difficulty I've seen with NRAAS mods in exploring tombs was that if you don't go into the Base Camp and disable the menus being displayed everywhere, then you can't just run your cursor along the wall and click "inspect" when the icon changes to show that you've spotted a secret door. With the menus, there is always an interaction attached to the wall or the floor. But this involves any mod that will add menus to lots or objects. (And it's no big deal to just click all along the wall or floor and look for an additional "Inspect" option.)

And Hello to you Ghost
Good point. I never thought of that. I have all the mods as well as Hot Keys always popping up.
Mad Poster
#46 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 4:55 PM
In my experience, WA worlds with SP won't progress exactly the same way as homeworlds do. If I give them a school, the world's kids and teens will attend but they may or may not progress on their school performance. I've seen both happen. If you give them some career rabbitholes, they may not find jobs -- I've had to put sims into the jobs manually by way of MC, but then saw that the ones so placed began going to work and progressing through their careers. The personal relationship stuff is fun and seems to work just as well as anyplace else except that when pregnancies form they won't actually progress while the world is being played in and things are supposed to "catch up" later.

I've never had any barriers to game play or adventuring happen as a result of SP being in control. I even use it in Uni World.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 6:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
The personal relationship stuff is fun and seems to work just as well as anyplace else except that when pregnancies form they won't actually progress while the world is being played in and things are supposed to "catch up" later.

I've never had any barriers to game play or adventuring happen as a result of SP being in control. I even use it in Uni World.

...and that's where all the fun begins. I have those adoption-happy same-sex couple and all those permanently pregnant Sims littering the campus.
Scholar
#48 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 8:48 PM Last edited by Elynda : 15th Dec 2017 at 9:45 PM.

Ah yes, that was the problem, I remember now. I posted about it on the Nraas site, but I'd forgotten the solution offered - it was some while back. Thanks for reminding me.

And Barbarat, I'll do as you suggest and see how things play out. Thanks.

Scholar
#49 Old 15th Dec 2017 at 9:50 PM
toddlers are able to get a degree which is very realistic...

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Page 2 of 3