1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#51 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 5:13 AM Last edited by TadOlson : 18th Dec 2017 at 1:59 PM.
One of the worst things I remember is the unwanted overloading households with babies and pets to the point of the game putting six horses into a household living on a tiny lot and I don't even know how they could ever deal with that on that tiny lot.It was just a starter home and should never have had any pet stuffed into the home.It was just one more reason to use NRaas Mods for story progression as the only ones adotping pets are the ones I directed to adopt a pet and it's only one pet adopted.I remeber how 163 broke the switch for turning the EA bugfest off so it won't ever really turn off after the 163 patch.That's why I was forced to use NRaas to replace that glitchy mess with a working story progression or my games would've broken a long time ago and I would've given up playing.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 6:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
One of the worst things I remeber is the unwanted overloading households with babies and pets to the point of the game putting six horses into a household living on a tiny lot and I don't even know how they could ever deal with that on that tiny lot.It was just a starter home and should never have had any pet stuffed into the home.It was just one more reason to use NRaas Mods for story progression as the only ones adotping pets are the ones I directed to adopt a pet and it's only one pet adopted.

Even Nraas can't stop the problem entirely. It's good at dividing the pets between the households though.

I have this perennial problem of a single Sim household with several pets hogging all the good pieces of real estate on my town. One Sim with a dog, One Sim with a cat, something like that. And then when these 'loser' Sims are dying and are thus forced to divest of their worldly possessions, they will still adopt a puppy or a kitten, one last time. And so, I end up with some households with only a single puppy or a kitten with it.

All the while, there are Sim families with 3-6 children struggling to live in a starter home with a single bedroom. Even if they have enough Simoleons to buy a decent house, they can't buy one.
Mad Poster
#53 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 8:13 AM
Okay, the crazy cat and dog single sims hogging up the usually limited number of 5-6 bedroom mansions that large families of human sims could be moving into and probably making better use of annoys me as well. I am sure one could Lot Options restrict the larger houses to households of a certain human size or sims or who have a certain number of children. But I usually use MC to move them out into a smaller house and then SP restrict them from moving so they can't do it again, once I've noticed this happening.

On the elder sim dying and leaving a single puppy or kitten behind, I'm pretty sure that either the pet social worker is still supposed to come and collect them if they aren't going to be shoved into another household or the remaining household of one puppy/kitten should get dissolved once the game itself "notices it." Or one could caste restrict Elders from adopting, but that might be too extreme if one has a long Elder cycle and wants the just aged up ones to be able to do so.
Mad Poster
#54 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 2:04 PM
I've got NRaas story progression on and it's my own tunings and settings in story progression that enabled me to stop all umwanted pet adoptions by settings allow adoptions to false whic only stopped the game from pushing those on inactive families.I can still direct them to adopt pets or children if I wanted that though they won't ever do it on their own without my pushing it manually.I've managed my towns as a whole town instead of just playing one family and etting the rest be managed by the game as it never works well at all.I just play one family and also play story progression with the rest of the town though NRaas does a grea job of managing the day to day lives of inactives to make sure they're going to work and progressing on the jobs at work.
Scholar
#55 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:08 AM Last edited by Elynda : 19th Dec 2017 at 5:21 AM.
I'm going to have to do something about pet adoption, since it seems to be the first thing sims do once I move them in. So far I've limited it to a single cat or dog per house, but I think I may stop it altogether, since it seems like every time my sims visit another lot there is some animal or other tearing shit out of the furniture.

Three babies have been born in Finnington so far, plus a fourth on the way. That's three boys, so I'm hoping the next will be a girl. The game decided to call the first one 'Dedrick' - now there's one I wouldn't have thought of. I managed to scotch the hyphenated names thing before it started, although I was forgetting same sex marriages, so now I have a Braswell-Hays family: I like the sound of that, so I'm keeping it. I might re-think my current policy on married names, since I put one of my all time favourites, a lady by the name of Scarlet Flame, into the town and now she's Scarlet Wise - doesn't have quite the same ring to it! I think there's an option where you can choose which name to go with, so in future I'll pick whichever sounds the best.

I thought it was time my active sim, Larry Fordyce began looking for a spouse, so I created a few single young ladies and turned them loose in the town. But you have to be quick: Nraas SP has been pairing them up almost as fast as I can move them in! But Larry managed to get in first with Megan Hart (no relation to the lovely Bebe, but certainly named in her honour, because I happen to think she is the most beautiful pre-made in the game*). Larry's had two successful dates with Megan, but I'm having to keep my eye on things.

And I'm afraid I cheated: I got a notification that she had started a relationship with one Rudolf Shinn (a game generated townie). I located Megan and found both her and Rudolf canoodling in the park at about 2 am in the morning! I'd have let things be if Rudolf wasn't already married, the father of the above mentioned Dedrick and the other baby who's on the way. So I used Master Controller to send them both home and changed their relationship to 'acquaintance'. Well, I'd already seen Rudolf and his spouse Tamara battling it out in front of the book shop, so I didn't want to worsen the situation, or involve Megan.

So, all in all, things are becoming very interesting in Finnington - and the town not half built yet!

(* And I'll fight any man Jack or lady Jane that says otherwise - so there!)

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
#56 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 5:37 AM Last edited by igazor : 20th Dec 2017 at 4:42 AM.
I think it's sort of a variation on Murphy's Law. In a town that seems to be already gridlocked with relationships and too complicated to figure out love triangles and other polygons except for your one single sim, put in three or four newcomers of your own creation to see what happens. I can almost guarantee (in my game, anyway) that by the end of a couple of sim days they will have found each other very interesting, or in the case of added in siblings then maybe the not so happily after all coupled sims around them, but not yet have given my sim so much as the time of day.

I have better luck with teens who were childhood friends with sims who are then just aging up to teens themselves, but yeah one does have to move pretty quickly or else "cheat" by disallowing SP Romance on the just aged up ones at least long enough to have a fighting chance.

Since I have so many Traveler mod connected worlds in my ongoing game now, I just don't bother designing and adding my own sims in very often anymore. At least, not for this reason alone. If the dating prospects don't seem to be happening at home and even the cashier and bartender, etc. Role Sims aren't enticing enough, then it's time to take a vacation or three and see what/who else is out there.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 19th Dec 2017 at 8:32 PM
Yes. ⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣⁣

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#58 Old 20th Dec 2017 at 3:15 AM
I've only got pets being adopted when I'm playing a family and directed them to adopt the pet as story progression or they'd never be able to adopt a pet as it's not allowed as an autonomous action.I've got that disabled in my story progression settings as I intended to play my entire towns and to be playing story progression manaually like in Sims 2.
Scholar
#59 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 3:14 AM
If I had any remaining doubts about sticking with Nraas SP, hearing the haunted house music playing on a neighbouring lot and seeing a ghost hunter actively on a job finally settled it. He dealt with three spooks, all on his own, and then jumped into a taxi to go to another job across town. I've never seen that before, unless I was controlling things. For a moment I thought the game had gone horribly wrong! But nope, the town has just come to life, that's all.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Test Subject
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2023 at 7:30 PM Last edited by newtyone : 9th Oct 2023 at 12:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Moondragon007
When I started playing Sims again, I looked up on the 'net how to do various stuff that I'd either forgotten or never knew. A bunch of people all said "Oh, the EA story progression sucks! You gotta get Nraas!" So, okay, I did. But it's starting to seem like same ole same ole. I'm wondering what, if anything, would happen if I disabled Nraas and started using EA?

without the mods, yes,
speaking of mods,
i love the other mods, but i cant really say for NRASS story progression mods, like the others who loves it. not for me. i am playing again this year, and i tried every once in a while to install story progression just because of the immigration. been playing i think since 2013 with mods, and...... just disappointed, no one has still hade a mod for the townies, npc, population alone mods. without the story progression, because i already have bunch of many mods. and its conflicting to my other mods. like today, i run a test for a guinea pig sim, and my tagger might be conflicting with my story progression. my register, my other mods for attraction, another thing i noticed for story progression, stories will pop out about couples having marital dispute. i dont know what more can i do to fix it on story progression. cause it was conflicting in my game (my storygame) where everyone has no marital dispute. , oh, and i do have movers, i do have travellers, etc. etc. except i just dont know about story progression, i really dont neeeeeed it. i just need to population control... sigh.... also my mods for no answering phone calls? i think, *forgotten all of the mods i have downloaded from the past many years, with story progression on, i can now answer the phone call annoyingly.... but not autonomously.... so yeah, so many conflicts especially if you are playing roaring heights where there is no phone at that era. lol
and about dresser mod, i already fixed it, export imported my mods, and now, i was surprised that one of the inactive families is wearing my downloaded cc. hair. lol.. when i already fixed it to no change hair, but with story progression mod in my packages.... everything is a total mess again, and i dont think i want to figure out a lot of things again, when i am already contented with my other mods, sigh.... oh welll..... i will figure out what more is there to find out. but my tagger isnt working perfectly anymore, their bubbles are blank, no names, no nothing. when i installed this mod. sorry im ranting now. just edited something on story progression romance, about the dispute, will check if it will work... i prefer to test everything myself. sigh. but still not sure if this is really for me.
one of my fave is retuner mods.... it can disable some immigration, but just not all.... sigh..... so yeah, without the mods, good luck.

edited.

this is in general-
i have woohooer where no one can cheat with their spouse and partner, but me controlling who will cheat or not, if the characters from that game already is cheating from the start, then i let them be. and i have already forgotten the other mods i already installed from the way back, where the attraction is less? or something? or no gifting? so, i am still in control of the game nevertheless. without using NRASS SP.
when i installed NRass SP, the mods that i used to installed is acting up. is what i meant. anyway, im gonna figure it out more, i only wanted the immigration to stop, but when i used NRASS RETUNER (my fave mod) i did get to manage the immigration a lot more, but now, the problem is the spawning of pets from my neighborhood, not talking about the strays i have register as well. but the pets that belong to my neighborhood. which i find irritating cause i have to keep editing their houses to give them bowls and food. and i used aging mods to stop their aging like the racoons, and deers. i can see them spawning whenever i reset everything, and using my tagger.

ps. i played sims 1 before as well, but yes, i didnt played sims2, and sims4 unlike my sibling. i never have a chance or if ever i did, i was confused with the expansion packs at that time, cause i actually have the cd of sims 2. but realizing it now its only an expansion pack, its not mine, but from my siblings. dating life? something like that. i was really busy with school. and i really tried my best to avoid being at home and go out at that era. (cause from the way back, people will say you dont have a life etc etc back then, its a different era now though, i dont mean anything negative about it, thats just my millennial thoughts from the way back about it, but its normal nowadays for that lifestyle.) etc etc. anyway,
i just focused more on sims 3. also played sim social on fb from the way back. and other games ea. sims etc. etc. i was just talking about playing mods from 2013.
Mad Poster
#61 Old 2nd Oct 2023 at 11:00 PM
What an old thread. I have always used the EA and have been told that is one reason I have not had some of the problems some others have had with their games. I am fine with it.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 5:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by newtyone
my tagger might be conflicting with my story progression. my register, my other mods for attraction,

Are you using all Nraas mods for those? If so, check to make sure that all of the mods are up to date and line up with your game's version number (especially if you let Origin update the game to 1.69).

Quote:
another thing i noticed for story progression, stories will pop out about couples having marital dispute. i dont know what more can i do to fix it on story progression.

The stories that pop up in the corner can be disabled but when it says 'marital dispute' it means that the NPCs had several bad interactions in a row. That's more a matter of free will being on than story progression- sometimes a joke falls flat or someone tries to flirt with someone who's in a bad mood. In my games NRaas' Story Progression seems to be more focused on pushing people into relationships like it was a nosy older relative. :D
Forum Resident
#63 Old 5th Oct 2023 at 8:44 PM
I wonder if anyone else enjoys playing TS3 without any story progression, though unfortunately without mods to a certain extent that means more hands on micromanaging. Somewhat similar to TS2 concerning advancing each household with a job/significant other/family and so on.

Story progression isn't necessarily bad, however, with how diverse The Sims playerbase playstyle's are, it is not designed for the player to fine tune their gameplay as they see fit. Indeed TS3 seems to be viewed as the player playing just one active household while viewing all other Sims as like extras in a tv series. They come, they go but that's one of the features of story progression I don't like when Sims just "move" whether out of the neighborhood or into new residential lots.

Ever since The Sims (2000) I've always played using my own created Sims, so in TS3 all of my Sims in the neighborhood are important to me and I don't like story progression moving them or killing them off even when the neighborhood is underpopulated or fine in population. The system at times doesn't make any sense to me, but yes I understand the idea behind a dynamic neighborhood but it's not in an entirely believable manner or at least to me it's not.

For a short time I tried NRass story progression to see what the fuss was all about since many on the forums praise it but I found it just forcing stories and pushing Sims to do stuff. I've been playing TS3 without story progression for a very long time so I know I prefer the A.I. driven stories over any kind of story progression intervention. The game is way more fun without it from my personal experience. I don't mind the set up of my Sims as that part is similar to TS/TS2 anyway. Besides, I sometimes have an idea for where a Sim will live, and what their job is and so on. While the A.I. interferes all the time adding its own storytelling, I look forward to that as it always keep the game entertaining and dynamic. Especially over the years having observed how Sims and their relationships on the A.I. level change over time providing gameplay that never gets boring. And I've been playing with the same Sims for real life years.

One of the saves I'm playing, there's so much going on with the Sim A.I.'s which isn't new but definitely one of the most craziest scenarios. It's way more jaw dropping than in one save where the daughter-in-law kept trying to get with her father-in-law and then much later he started reciprocating. And that's not all, and that whole drama just keeps on changing. And no I'm not even prompting any of my Sims which is why I find that TS3 really takes to heart keeping with the foundation of The Sims (2000) because it was explained autonomously that Sims have their own personalities, wants, etc. But in TS3 that has been taken to new heights that was not possible then. It's amazing to see it all unfold. I don't think any life simulator will ever top TS3 to me but I welcome it, please do, but I won't hold my breath.

Previous Game: Batman Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition (100% riddles completed; now I know why I've always been fascinated with The Riddler, lol.)

Next Game: Batman Arkham City GOTY Edition
Instructor
#64 Old 8th Oct 2023 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I wonder if anyone else enjoys playing TS3 without any story progression, though unfortunately without mods to a certain extent that means more hands on micromanaging. Somewhat similar to TS2 concerning advancing each household with a job/significant other/family and so on.

I do! I play Sims 2 style aging and rotate households too. I have to note how much the household funds were when I left but otherwise I've modded it so they kinda stay in stasis until I play them again. I'm too much of a control freak lol.

I might one day finish my Zanes Hollow project, but I wouldn't hold my breath. Until then, you can see what I'm up to on my Simblr!
Test Subject
#65 Old 9th Oct 2023 at 12:11 AM Last edited by newtyone : 9th Oct 2023 at 12:27 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Tacitala
Are you using all Nraas mods for those? If so, check to make sure that all of the mods are up to date and line up with your game's version number (especially if you let Origin update the game to 1.69).

The stories that pop up in the corner can be disabled but when it says 'marital dispute' it means that the NPCs had several bad interactions in a row. That's more a matter of free will being on than story progression- sometimes a joke falls flat or someone tries to flirt with someone who's in a bad mood. In my games NRaas' Story Progression seems to be more focused on pushing people into relationships like it was a nosy older relative. :D

my patch is still 1.67. my tagger is back, maybe i refreshed the game, but still... some of my mods that i installed in 2013? or 2014? is conflicting with nrass SP. thats why i never have it installed from my mods for a long time. just begun playing again recently. im just checking any update if they have a separate mod now.
although, retuner - i can adjust the immigration, but not entirely, sigh...
edited.

i have woohooer where no one can cheat with their spouse and partner, but me controlling who will cheat or not, if the characters from that game already is cheating from the start, then i let them be. and i have already forgotten the other mods i already installed from the way back, where the attraction is less? or something? or no gifting? so, i am still in control of the game nevertheless. without using NRASS SP.
when i installed NRass SP, the mods that i used to installed is acting up. is what i meant. anyway, im gonna figure it out more, i only wanted the immigration to stop, but when i used NRASS RETUNER (my fave mod) i did get to manage the immigration a lot more, but now, the problem is the spawning of pets from my neighborhood, not talking about the strays i have register as well. but the pets that belong to my neighborhood. which i find irritating cause i have to keep editing their houses to give them bowls and food. and i used aging mods to stop their aging like the racoons, and deers. i can see them spawning whenever i reset everything, and using my tagger.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 9th Oct 2023 at 3:18 AM
I play legacy style with my family of over 30 generations so for me it is not that important what the others in town are doing. I did keep an eye a few times on split offs from my family. And some of the things were pretty funny to see, like one person had married a vampire and had some kids.
Page 3 of 3