Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 3:30 AM Last edited by k2m1too : 26th May 2017 at 9:28 PM.
Default The cast of Archer (con't) - Update 05/26/2017
Okay, so you've probably already seen my Sterling Archer and Lana Kane sims. They are pretty much done, but I am currently leaning towards uploading the sims as a group rather than individually. Meanwhile, I have been working on other members of the cast. Rather than have separate posts for each of the remaining characters, I'm just going to have one rolling thread for the rest. To start things off, I have for you, Pam Poovey:

I couldn't find any full profile pictures of her, so we'll just have to work with the 3/4 view.

Right, and her tattoo of course...

Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 3:39 AM
Love the hair! It's perfect! Great start! I'd say the sim might need more weight as the model seems fairly heavy and/or the whole face be wider - especially at the jaw. Making the chin longer/taller (up and down) and more pronounced - or distinct from the jaw - might help as well.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 5:41 PM Last edited by k2m1too : 29th Mar 2015 at 8:55 PM.
Thanks Simmy! The only problem I have with the hair is that I need the same one for another of the cast members. But it really is the best one for Pam. Anyway, I think I have addressed most of the points you made. I think I may have made her jaw a bit too wide now. But not sure.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Mar 2015 at 6:09 PM Last edited by gittevdv : 7th Mar 2015 at 10:43 AM.
I think it's the best when you make her jaw a little bit smaller and her whole head a little bit wider. And her eyes are a little bit more dark blue I think.

Edit:

Her head is like a square but now it looks more like a double trapezium:

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 7:48 PM Last edited by k2m1too : 29th Mar 2015 at 8:56 PM.
Okay, I molded her jaw a bit more. I had to dip into 2x sliders for her face width.

Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
Her head is like a square but now it looks more like a double trapezium:

Edit: I posted this update before I saw your edited comment. I don't belive there is anything I can do to change the width of her upper head, but I did modify her jawline.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6 Old 7th Mar 2015 at 9:57 PM
The width is much better! I'm afraid the chin might be a bit too wide. You might want to try moving the whole face up and shortening the nose and chin a bit (up and down). That will make the whole face more square, I think. Also, the cheeks/jowls are cutting in / clipping a little at the nose. If you pull the side profile forward some, will that eliminate that? I think she's getting close! Good work! Is she an adult or young adult? I think the model appears to be an adult.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 10:45 AM Last edited by gittevdv : 8th Mar 2015 at 12:21 PM.
It's much better now!

edit:

I have searched for a forehead wide slider and, really, nobody makes a forehead wide slider?
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 6:26 PM Last edited by k2m1too : 29th Mar 2015 at 8:57 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by gittevdv
I have searched for a forehead wide slider and, really, nobody makes a forehead wide slider?

There are a few that affect the shape, but not the width of the forehead. I did try the ones that change the shape of the forehead and they caused some issues around the hairline with this particular hair.

Widened her face a touch more, raised her face and worked on her chin a bit. Also, I remembered to darken her eye color this time.

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Mar 2015 at 6:56 PM
Wow, she looks perfect!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 11th Mar 2015 at 1:34 AM Last edited by k2m1too : 29th Mar 2015 at 8:57 PM.
Unless anyone has any further comments on Pam, I'll consider her "done" and move on to another character. Next up is Cheryl/Carol (she is alternately referred to as either name) and for one entire season she was referred to as "Cherlene". It's a running gag in the show. Anyway, She's going to need a LOT of work. The hair I picked isn't quite right, but it's the the one that looks the best on her.

Oh, and the 3/4 view is more accurate for the "neutral" state of her eyebrows. She frequently has them raised, so it's hard to find front view pictures where they aren't. Also, her nose tip is WAY too turned up, even though it kind of looks turned up in the 3/4 view.

Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#11 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 1:54 AM Last edited by k2m1too : 29th Mar 2015 at 8:59 PM.
Mmmkay.... So, uhm... thoughts??

(Angles on the full profile picture aren't quite the same as the ref...)

Minor updates to nose and mouth.
Screenshots
Scholar
#12 Old 13th Mar 2015 at 3:03 AM
Good start! I think the nose needs to have a little less bulk / be more "petite", be less pulled forward (from the side), and not quite as sharp of an angle from the side. Looks like the nasal bridge indent needs to move up to level with the top of the iris. Can you pull the eyes forward and still keep the nice eye bags? Jaw should be wider and the chin shorter up and down as well as a little less wide. Looking forward to an update!
Instructor
Original Poster
#13 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 6:22 PM Last edited by k2m1too : 29th Mar 2015 at 8:59 PM.
Thanks Simmy! Good help as always! Here is an update. Not sure how to get her bridge dent any higher without deforming her face (as it is, there is a bit of shadow/defect). May have to try lowering her eyes instead. Otherwise, I think I addressed all of your points.

I feel like she is moving in the right direction.

(edit: don't know why the pictures aren't showing up inline... I have them wrapped in proper tags. Even old posts don't see to be showing up right.)
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#14 Old 14th Mar 2015 at 7:18 PM
I think, with the profile slider, her face must be little bit deeper in her head.

(Okay, I've say it very weird, but I think you understand what I mean)
Scholar
#15 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 3:30 AM
Almost there! I think the nostrils should be a little wider, the nose above the nostrils a bit wider, and the chin a little narrower. Great work!
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 7:28 PM Last edited by k2m1too : 29th Mar 2015 at 8:54 PM.
@gittevdv - Yes, I think I understand what you mean!

@Simmy - I've adjusted the nose according and I went back and tried to adjust where here bridge dent lines up with her eyes. Still not 100%, but closer.

We are getting to the point where the edits are going to be very subtle, so I don't end up over-working her face.

Screenshots
Instructor
#17 Old 15th Mar 2015 at 9:49 PM
All I have is that I think the nose should be lowered just a tad. I really like her expression
Scholar
#18 Old 16th Mar 2015 at 1:26 AM
Her face shape looks spot on to me. Great work! I think you may need to move the mouth up a little and/or lower the nose as Tigerdyhr said to decrease the space between nose and mouth. Also shorten the chin a little to decrease its height. From the side, the sim's eyes are deeper set than the model's but adjusting that may affect the sim's perfect eye bags.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 29th Mar 2015 at 8:50 PM
All righty... So I *swear* I made changes to her face, but they are subtle. I lowered the nose and shortened the chin. I also pulled her eyes out farther (the eyebags are makeup, so no chance of ruining them).

(The characters start getting harder from here... haha)

EDIT: I don't know why the pictures aren't showing up. They are wrapped in IMG tags appropriately...
Screenshots
Instructor
#20 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 9:21 AM
The changes look great! I've got nothing more She looks ready
Instructor
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 11:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tigerdyhr
The changes look great! I've got nothing more She looks ready

WOOT! 4 Down! 5 to go! (unless I do some auxiliary characters) Now I have to figure which one is the next one up...

Definites:

Sterling Archer
Lana Kane
Pam Poovey
Cheryl/Carol Tunt
Malory Archer
Ray Gillette
Cyril Figgis
Dr. Algernop Krieger
Woodhouse

Possibles:
Katya Kazanova
Krieger's Virtual Girlfriend
Slater
Babou (the ocelot)
Barry Dylan
Conway Stern
Brett Bunsen
Instructor
Original Poster
#22 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:10 PM
Okay, so next up is Malory Archer (Sterling's momma). Her chin/jawline is going to be a be-atch to scuplt. Getting the chin that square to the jaw is nearly impossible. But I'll do my best. Her hair color will not be adjusted until I've settled on a final hairstyle because gray is a tough color to get right on some of these hairs.

As for her hair, I haven't quite settled on a hairstyle I like yet. Here are a few that I've found that are "close" (plus the one I used in the photos above, which is a base game hair.)

The hair selections so far are:

(sculpting pics) EA Base Game
(1) Alesso Shell
(2) Butterflysims 124 (Free)
(3) Skysims 242
(4) Alesso Song

I'm leaning towards 2, 3 or the Base Game one... Thoughts? Any other hair recommendations?

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 3:33 PM
It looks good!

And the second hairstyle (butterflysims 124) is the best.
Instructor
#24 Old 30th Mar 2015 at 5:54 PM
I'll have a proper look tomorrow, promise
Scholar
#25 Old 31st Mar 2015 at 3:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
All righty... So I *swear* I made changes to her face, but they are subtle. I lowered the nose and shortened the chin. I also pulled her eyes out farther (the eyebags are makeup, so no chance of ruining them).

(The characters start getting harder from here... haha)

EDIT: I don't know why the pictures aren't showing up. They are wrapped in IMG tags appropriately...

Oh sorry, just one more thing, if you can raise the cheekbones a bit they would more closely match the model's. But, it's a minor, picky detail you may not want to mess with. Great job!

For "momma", I would suggest making the eyes slightly larger in scale, turning the outer eye corners up a little, making the nostrils narrower and/or the nose above the nostrils wider, and making the bottom lip less square - more rounded. Chin and jaw look good to me!
Page 1 of 3