Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#3051 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:35 AM
I'm just a bit disappointed in myself because I've never really gotten past the first two weeks or so in Pleasantview, but, like... ehhhhh. I'll probably return someday, but for now, I'm doing this.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3052 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 4:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj
I'm just a bit disappointed in myself because I've never really gotten past the first two weeks or so in Pleasantview, but, like... ehhhhh. I'll probably return someday, but for now, I'm doing this.
I played with Pleasantview for a few months. Til I got really tired of the rotation and I went awol and made everyone townies except the Lotharios and my country farmers I made. Ten houses there is just too much, and Samantha Ottomas was pregnant again for crying out loud... It's a relief they are all gone... @Selly_2009 Funny, I had a character named Phineus Furley once.

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Inventor
#3053 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 5:05 AM Last edited by Sketching : 31st Mar 2018 at 6:25 AM. Reason: grammar
That's all right. We have our preferences - I'm sure some find my playstyle horrifying, and there are several MTS members who don't play premade hoods at all. Some people like Pleasantview, others prefer Veronaville, and others have barely entered these hoods. There's nothing wrong with that - the goal here is to have fun your way, after all.

If it helps, I'm not much for premade hoods either. Pleasantview is actually my least-liked of the BG hoods, bite me. I have one BG-only megahood that I recreated since it died from corruption and even that's been heavily modified to my liking. I haven't touched the other hoods in years (I took one look at each of the Desiderata households and left almost immediately), and it hasn't deterred my enjoyment with of the game at all. Cheers, blueskii55.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3054 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by alljoj

Why? I remember loading the Goth's and that Brandy person in Pleasantview. I also played the Curious brothers over in Strangetown and that Circe lady and her husband whatshisname and over to crazy granny at the cemetery. I did play Jonny for some time, they had four kids. Then when AL came out I loaded up whatever town has those witch sisters and played them a day or so. That there is my sum total of playing pre made Maxis hoods. Do I care? Not at all. I delete them.

Okay it looks like my game issue may in fact be hardware or software related. it's very similar to an issue Gadayars had and might have started with an update to my graphics drivers. Tomorrow its time to take the side off. :/

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Scholar
#3055 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:57 PM
I didn't think much of Pleasantview on its own, either - it just felt too set-up and artificial. I'm playing it now as the base of a mega-hood, Greater Pleasantview, and like it much better now that its residents can form relationships outside of their own little clique.

But I most recently played my BaCC, Carr's Crossing:

Teleri Carr sat at her desk, looking over the numbers. It wasn't good. The old saying was, "Build it and they'll come," but although several new houses had been built, only one Sim had moved in recently.

She opened a new document and began to type a memo reminding everybody that they had agreed to recruit new residents and warning that if no new residents came, the construction crews would find themselves out of work. Reading it over, though, she tutted to herself. It sounded too much like a threat, and truth be told she and Ifan hadn't exactly been active recruiters themselves. Village finances were still in good shape, though, so she decided to offer an incentive instead: the first Sim (other than herself and Ifan) to recruit somebody to the village would get a prize of $1000. Satisfied, she ran off ten copies of the memo and called Pat van der Post to deliver them.

That evening, she and Ifan went over their Friends lists. Ifan called up Herbert Goodie, who said the village sounded like just the place for him and Faith to retire to, but would there be a three-bedroom house available, as they were in the process of adopting a couple of teenagers? Ifan was happy to assure him that there was, so the Goodies, along with their adoptive son, Ricky Cormier, made arrangements to move in right away. A girl would be joining them shortly, Herbert said.

Teleri noticed that she had a couple of girlfriends whom she knew well enough to invite over, and started by calling Allyn Thomason. Allyn was absolutely delighted, Teleri not quite so much when she realized just why: the woman had only one simoleon to her name, no job and no skills. She was as broke as a newborn foundling! But Teleri gave her a job as a cement mixer, and let her stay in Dafydd's old room until she could at least earn enough to buy herself a bed and pay a week's rent at the hostel. Allyn was very grateful for the offer, though in the end she only needed to spend one night at the Carr's house. The following day, a friend called and told her that he was finally able to repay the $2,800 he had borrowed a few months earlier*, and Allyn was able to move to the hostel and enjoy her independence again.

Other Sims, too, began to make greater efforts to recruit, but Teleri was astonished when the winner of her prize was young Sharla Ottomas. The memo had been issued on Sharla's last day at school, and that same evening she had registered for military service and moved to the hostel. It was a sort of halfway house for young Sims, as they gained some independence from their parents but had only limited responsibilities, while the landlord kept an eye on them. Sharla had been taken on as a Drill Instructor, already one rank above Teleri's own son, Dafydd, who was coming to the end of his service - and no sooner was she settled in than she called Ryan Wheeler, an adult Sim, and asked him to move in! Ryan, of course, could not share the tiny single room that was standard for military service, but he promptly rented a civilian room in the same building and took a construction job. It was a pity he couldn't afford to buy a house, as that was what was really needed to keep Carr's Crossing moving forward, but at least there was new blood moving in, and it seemed he had a couple of friends who might be persuaded to join him.

Teleri happily paid Sharla her prize money, and had Pat deliver a second memo offering a $500 prize to the next successful recruiter. She didn't want people to give up already just because the first prize had been won!

* Head canon for "randomly gave her a very expensive computer - over the phone!"
Mad Poster
#3056 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 8:01 PM
It feel SO good to be back at playing, it feels like forever...
Today, an unexpected couple formed. I never thought Phil would fall for a nerdy/family girl, or that Deborah would have a thing for a Look-at-me/I love money guy.
But here they are!

I cannot wait to see their offspring if ever they decide to have some. Their features are so different, that will be very interesting.
I made both sims, but Phil exist since a while longer than Deborah. He used to be a model for a certain Bibitte Blue Clothing company, when he was a toddler...

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#3057 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:30 PM
Came home to find out my boyfriend has been playing Pleasantview. The past few weeks he's been playing his one Sim: Frank Stein (who looks like a frog). So far he had a baby with Lilith Pleasant while messing around with Sim Blender, got abducted by aliens (having a son that grew up looking almost exactly the Rainelle Neengia I use in my PT mod), got promoted, demoted and fired from various jobs (He really enjoys the chance cards)...

Today I came home from work to find him on the laptop and he shouts "Look!! I moved in two sisters and made them have ugly frog babies!". Turns out he moved in the Caliente sisters, both had a baby each with Frank Stein and he was trying to get them to make more but was having trouble because jealousy was turned on so it was mostly just a slap fest.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#3058 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:33 PM
Ahhhhh dreamy. One day, me too will have a boyfriend who plays the sims 2.

Lab Assistant
#3059 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 10:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
Ahhhhh dreamy. One day, me too will have a boyfriend who plays the sims 2.
Yes, until he gives sims names like Gonby and Octavious Oblong and makes them mean and lazy like my boyfriend did...He was actually sad when Gonby died when the flamy - deco rocket boost thingy caught him on fire because he was living off marshmallows and free pizza alone... He also populated Pleasantview with an alien horde...

"Nothing is what rocks dream about." - Aristotle
Mad Poster
#3060 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 11:06 PM
Oh dear, just the fact that another human being plays it, and that human is my BF will be enough. He can do whatever he wants with his sims. lol

Lab Assistant
#3061 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:36 AM
My Sim, who works in the Law Enforcement career, brought home a friend from work.

The friend invited my Sim to work for their company in the Criminal career.

Maybe not the best thing to ask your cop friend.
Mad Poster
#3062 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:38 AM
In this game, criminality is highly advertised. It makes you wonder.

Mad Poster
#3063 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 4:53 AM
I can't remember the last time I updated here, so I'll do it now.

I've been playing through the Emerald Heights subhood (though next rotation, it'll come earlier.) Here's the families I've played so far:

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#3064 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 11:23 AM Last edited by FranH : 2nd Apr 2018 at 2:51 AM.
This happened in Tinsel Town:

Troy Snyder went to the meeting house, and was shocked to see Lynn Townsend & Darrell Walton having sex in one of the pews! He tried to lecture them about being in a house of God, but they hurried off before he could get two words in. They had a bet on whether or not they could have sex in a public place & get away with it. They won that bet. After they left, he resumed his sermon...on crime.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#3065 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 4:42 PM
Phil, Deborah, Matt and Theo decided to toy with the cook for a bit, after seeing this :

Pardon me? Serving us burnt pancakes like we won't noticed?! Pffff....We work hard, we deserve bettah! They said.(thought)
So each their turn, they stood near the counters and put away leftovers on each and every plate deposed on them, by Mister da Cook.
His mission is to keep cooking until all counter space is full right?...So they kept'him cooking for hours.

Who needs you now? The fridge is full.

Lab Assistant
#3066 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:14 PM
Trying to hook up my sim Howell up with a sim my girlfriend made... it's working except that he just got rejected for a caress. oops. yikes.

And you may ask yourself, "Am I right? Am I wrong?"
And you may say to yourself, "My God! What have I done?"
Field Researcher
#3067 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:41 PM
My fisherman family have been on a two-day fishing trip on a community lot, stockpiling for their fish shop before the ponds/sea freezes for winter. I forgot that I'd turned on "moveobjects on" earlier, and while transferring fish from other family members' inventories to that of the business owner, one of them somehow missed the ground and ended up in his hand.

I am deeply regretting not having taken a screenshot before I retrieved it.
Mad Poster
#3068 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 5:49 PM
@muridae
You might be interested in this.
http://modthesims.info/d/228385

Field Researcher
#3069 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
@muridae
You might be interested in this.
http://modthesims.info/d/228385

Oh yes, definitely. That will get investigated before the next time I need to do a massive transfer of business stock. Thanks!
Mad Poster
#3070 Old 2nd Apr 2018 at 6:31 PM
I had family of fishermen, The Svenssons. They also owned The Svensson Fishery (fishShop..), and this vase was so useful!
Frej, the elder dad was the owner, so his wife and 3 kids used this a lot..

Mad Poster
#3071 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 6:59 PM
Sorry for double posting, but..
My first 4 sims finished college yesterday and all moved back to the main 'Hood.
I'm very exited about this. lol I thought I would try playing rotations this time around, for this new 'Hood of mine. But of course, it got dropped after a while, and I ended up playing ONE dorm until they were done and ready to leave.
These 4 sims will remain in the Main's Hood Bin until all the other students are done. THEN the real rotation will begin, per Season I decided. Thanks to @Orphalesion who brought it up in another thread. That should suit my play style more and I might be able to stick to that length of rotation!

I still need to build a cemetery though I think, better be prepared than corrupt. I will need more houses and apartments as well. Oh the real fun will soon begin.

Forum Resident
#3072 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 2:38 PM
I was so excited about this that I caved and thought I'd share:

I *finally* had the first generation of my hood make it to kindergarten (the beginning of the child stage for me). Then I played my first functioning Simlogical Elementary School run by Toby Bruenig (the single most useful sim at the beginning of a hood since he always wants to become Education minister.) It was the cutest thing ever. La Shawn Cameron is the teacher, and she serves the children a snack and reads to them individually. The rest of the time they just play and get to know each other. When the school day ends they head off home. The best part is that when I play their families the bus will pick them up as normal, so as long as I play the school first I know what they've been up to all day.

I'm genuinely so proud though, since these three little sims ( one boy and a set of mixed gender fraternal twins) were born in game and brought up from baby, and now they're finally in the child stage... in my test hood of all places.
Mad Poster
#3073 Old 5th Apr 2018 at 8:39 PM
I decided to not direct students to do their college assignments/term paper. They will build up skills though, but not mandatory.
This is for one dorm only, I have 5 sims in there.
Enough with the perfect grades every. time. It gets boring. I let them do whatever they want to do, and they are doing very well.

Mad Poster
#3074 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 2:51 AM
So I have been too migrainy and tired to write stuff up lately, and I can't play my regular hoods without writing up each household because of the time it takes to come back around. So I used AGS to start up a low-stress BAC - build a city with less of the challenge factor. I more or less used Nepheris's starting rules, so five households, some of brand-new sims and some of clones from Drama Acres. One household, the Consociate Family, consists of Madeleine Moiselle (Pleasure), Grimnir LeStrange (Romance), and Lance Point (Romance) from Drama Acres, who have all partaken of an anti-jealousy potion which I then rendered static, so they can be a free-love commune. Next door to them is the new family of genetic experiments May (Popularity, witch), June (Pleasure, werewolf), and August (Pleasure, control group) Knight, to all of whom I gave Knowledge secondaries to make their lives easier.

At the beginning of the second week, the Knights have all dated a Consociate. Anybody who is best friends with all three of them at once will get a stabilized potion, too, but Lance, Mads, and Grimnir are really big on the PDA, so this hasn't come close to happening. On Monday, May rolled a want to become a werewolf, so June complied. May seemed to regret this almost immediately, but I haven't worked out exactly how the werewolves are going to work yet so I didn't let her make any cure potions, though she now has the option. The Knights are also the poorest family in the hood, so on Tuesday night June rolled a want to freestyle for tips, and I sent her out to the beach community lot to do so. She made a good amount in tips, all wolfed up, and also ran into Grimnir, who is the Consociate she dates, and they did some light canoodling. However, Madeleine was there, too, and she and Grimnir also canoodled - whereupon June went into a rage and rolled a want to Savage someone.

That seemed like an obvious cue, so she Savaged Grimnir and turned him into a werewolf. She regretted it almost immediately, rolling a want for him to be cured, and went home. Where we find May wanting to turn Lance, the Consociate she's dating, into a werewolf! Since electricity and phones were unlocked on Monday, she called up and asked him over. Earlier that day, they'd had a date that glitched out, and she still had a woohoo want, so I realized she had a Plan. First she Savaged him, then she Proposed/Move In so he would join the pack, and then dragged him off to bed. Where I figured Lance, wolfing out for the first time, would not be thinking clearly enough to remember the rubber in his pocket, so it was a Try for Baby. And it succeeded!

Meanwhile, August is furious at Lance for interrupting a date he'd been on with Madeleine...and June wants both Lance and Grimnir cured...and May is the only one who can make werewolf cure potions...Are they desperate enough to go into business making werewolves and selling them the cure? Hmm...I sent August and June off on a hike, which I'm using as "exploring the island" and when sims return with a positive outcome they get a local resource from one of Plumbob Keep's sets to add to their holdings. Instead they returned pursued by bees.

With that much drama going on (plus the settlement's first baby, first wedding, first business, and the founder finally getting a politics job and being called in to coordinate with the Planetary Council of Colonization), I decided to go ahead and open up the Journalism career. It's a small town, but life there is plenty exciting.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#3075 Old 6th Apr 2018 at 4:31 PM
Oops! Miranda is pregnant...But she is almost done school, she is a senior at UNI.
They decided to not move back to Daughnoth until Daddy is done also.

If the situation continues, their baby will be the very first born in my game... :lovestruc

Page 123 of 351