Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 1:10 PM
Default Multiplier without mesh
Hi! Somebody knows tutor for making multiplier no uncluding mesh, like recolor in Sims 2? Tell me please.
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 3:43 PM
Well recolouring is a whole different thing than editing clothing. Something close to what you are searching for is this tutorial. It has the basics of what you need to know for anything like this: http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ima...ng_Tutorial.pdf

(Go to 'multiplier)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jul 2016 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Greenplumbbob
Well recolouring is a whole different thing than editing clothing. Something close to what you are searching for is this tutorial. It has the basics of what you need to know for anything like this: http://wiki.thesimsresource.com/ima...ng_Tutorial.pdf(Go to 'multiplier)

Greenplumbbob, i need convert Sims 4 cloth in Sims 3 cloth, i don't want to make many equal meshes for every multiplier, i need to know how to link several multipliers in one mesh.
Virtual gardener
#4 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 3:47 PM
You could try out adding a new variation within TSRW: http://forums.thesimsresource.com/i...iationspresets/

But to not make them link with each other, I would press 'no' when there is this popup where it says to duplicate the other variations. If you click yes, then only one multiplier is possible. Not 2.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 18th Jul 2016 at 7:42 PM
It don't works, or i make something wrong
Virtual gardener
#6 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 12:06 PM
Is it throwing an error? This is what you want to do:

Click on the page looking thingy, the arrow next to it. It will expand a list. Click 'duplicate'

Now this shows up. Click NO! when you click yes, all variations will get linked to each other, which means that when you change the multiplier inside a new variation, the multiplier WILL change inside all the other variations.
Now import the needed textures in your new variation.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Jul 2016 at 4:14 PM
This command don't added new multiplier.

I tryed to add it in Material, but where results:

No possibility to add something.
Virtual gardener
#8 Old 20th Jul 2016 at 3:08 PM
You need to reimport the texture edits (Your DDS files) you made in the other variation after you made a new variation. Unless, you want to change the multiplier inside the material editor, which is impossible. Material editors only accept one multiplier. The variations make sure that you can add more different textures to it as long as it is not linked to the other variations.

If you want to add a different multiplier inside the material editor, then I guess you're better off making different projects. Yet I would try the variation trick. I've done it a lot when I wanted to make a nude top with different top textures. (as in racer backs, crop tops, tank tops, etc).
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 21st Jul 2016 at 9:24 PM
How reimported second multiplier? Such command be missing. sorry, i don"t understand can you to make screenshot? I need several multipliers in one project, or this is meaningless, lot of similar meshes in game.
Virtual gardener
#10 Old 22nd Jul 2016 at 9:55 AM

Export the specular map, the multiplier map and the mask. OPTIONAL IF YOU HAVE ONE! is the overlay and the transparency map. If you don't have that one or didn't apply any edits, just leave it.

Click on the page looking thingy, the arrow next to it. It will expand a list. Click 'duplicate'

Now this shows up. Click NO! when you click yes, all variations will get linked to each other, which means that when you change the multiplier inside a new variation, the multiplier WILL change inside all the other variations.

Import the multiplier, specular map, the mask and other textures you might have had. In your case, (and i'm not sure if you edited your specular map as well) you want to import a different multiplier in your second variation.

To import and export your textures, you want to double click on the textures. So say you want to export/import your multiplier, you want to double click on the multiplier map in TSRW. Then a window will pop up and you'll see 2 boxes with arrows. One box has an arrow that goes outwards (Export) and the other one inwards (import). I will suggest saving it as a DDS, else your TSRW is likely to crash since it has to convert the PNG image file to a DDS. And it takes a lot of time.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 6:15 PM
I think, i can't to explain what i want to make i see on screens, You show not such result, which i need.

I think i want to do something that is probably impossible. Sorry for Your lost time.

I made who You show earlier, i don't see necessary results.

It's photoshop, i don't know what to explain:

I need two or more specular in one package or different:

Virtual gardener
#12 Old 27th Jul 2016 at 9:01 PM
I'm not quite sure why you want two multipliers in one variation? But it's sort of possible by using S3PE, it's just likely to break the CASpart since I just got into knowing the basics of that trick.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Jul 2016 at 9:57 PM
No, i need different multipliers (more when two), linked in one mesh.
For Sims 3 exist something like cres+shpe in Sims 2? How easy it was.
Virtual gardener
#14 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 11:38 AM
For the sims 3 it's possible, but really advanced like I mentioned before. It's not as easy as it was in the sims 2. Again, I just went looking into it and I'm still not quite sure how to make the game point out the image is a mask unless you need to have to add a new TXTC file (and that's where I still need to do my research on). (even other maps, like bump maps, specular maps, even masks).

Unless it's something transparent overlapping the clothing, which is however, possible to do in one multiplier map.

This is what I meant with different variations. it's possible to have different multipliers and specular maps with all variations, as long as you make sure they aren't link with each other:
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 4:15 PM
All unnecessary maps make empty, for s42s3 need multipliers and normal map only.
I think i stupid and don't understand what You tell me This command 'duplicate' allow to make package without mesh? But where can i find this duplicate in project, map's import? I don't see any change after this command.
Virtual gardener
#16 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 4:51 PM
It's actually in S3PE where you would open the GEOM file with GRID and you'll find out that all the images in the package file itself are linked with the GEOM< where then the GEOM is linked to the VXPY... it's complicated.
But this is the sims 3 you're converting to. The sims 4 and the sims 2 have way different method to creating.

Say you would delete the specular map for the sims 3, your clothing will become extremely glossy/shiny and you don't want that. If you have 3 multipliers in one variation, it will become a mess (that's why I'm not quite sure why you want them all together in one variation).

Though you must be aware that the sims 3 texture maps are way different from the sims 2 and the sims 4. Even the UV map you need to keep (TS3 body uv map). You can't just delete the textures the game and the mesh needs to actually look right (Multiplier, specular map, mask, bump/normal map.) In fact, the CC won't look good in game if you would delete certain files, even though in the sims 4 or 2 you might not need them at all.

Do you know why the game needs specular maps, masks, bump/normals maps?
Instructor
#17 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 5:52 PM
This is helpful in understanding TS3 CAS textures: http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...igning#Textures
Virtual gardener
#18 Old 31st Jul 2016 at 6:01 PM Last edited by Greenplumbbob : 31st Jul 2016 at 6:16 PM.
That's a really great and helpful link you have there @butterbot. Thanks for sharing ^-^

With 'not linked' variations I was actually talking about this:

They both share the same mesh (Nude top) although since they fit the same mesh, it also means you can apply any texture that can be applied on that same exact mesh.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 3:23 PM
OK, i think i need to tell my requester what his wish impossible and propose to select one multiplier only.
I almost made except multipliers and morphs, it's finished time. Many thanks Greenplumbbob for Your downtime.

Virtual gardener
#20 Old 1st Aug 2016 at 7:53 PM
That's a really great dress!

In case you want to fix the thumbnails, you want to delete your caches and the CASThumbnails.package. The game will keep the thumbs, since it doesn't notice any mesh or texture edits are made. ^-^