Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Sep 2016 at 3:11 PM
Default Transparent and glowing shader at the same time
Hello.
I just wondering what shader I should use in S3PE?
I want both transparent(where the skin shows)and glow-effect(on the "dot" texture at the knees and shoes)on the same meshpart.
Where can I find a such shader in S3PE?
Does it even exist?
I have been cloned the male timetraveler outfit for the glowing dots on the boots.
The mesh is divided in three groups.
Thank you for taking your time to reading this!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 9:40 AM
It might be, if you add more shader settings to it. But i'm not sure if (since this is the fullbright shader) it supports transparency. I usually yse this link to compare some shaders and see if it indeed has a transparency support:

http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Sims_3:Shaders

In your case you want to check if it supports:

- 0xC3FAAC4F AlphaMap Texture
- 0x05D22FD3 Transparency Float
- 0x988403F9 Transparent Float3

(I got the information from Simhair, which does support transparency. Else Phong Alpha is an interesting one.)

But since fullbright does support alpha map and transparency, but not transparent, it's worth checking out if it really does. You do want to make an alpha map for the boots for the multiplier map (And use the same texture for the diffuse map in materials, you know how it works ^-~). Can't promise if it will work correctly, but working with shaders is just all about experimenting and comparing with other shaders who do have the ability to do some things. ^-^