Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:13 AM
Default Multi PTs
I'm looking for a multi PT set so all my alien abductions won't result in nearly-identical half siblings that will lead to uncomfortable incest situations down the line. Because I'm extremely picky (yes, I know all of you are extremely surprised at this point ), I'm having a difficult time finding a set that I like.

I want my PTs to look distinctly alien, with large eyes and oddly-shaped features; I'm not exactly looking for "pretty" alien offspring.

This set includes exactly one PT that I like, PT Musta. And set #4 here is quite nice, though I'm not too keen on Pushock (the blond one), though I really like the other three. I feel like the ideal would be to swap out Pushock and replace him with Musta, but...of course I have no idea how to accomplish something like that. I also found this guy, who's a single default replacement rather than part of a set, which is somewhat sad, because I want a set, for the reasons outlined above. I did take a look at the tutorial for making mult PT sets...and quickly got scared. So I'm hoping maybe there's a PT set available that's more like what I'm looking for: Maxis Match, no CC required, alien-looking (especially the noses!), lots of variety.

Attaching crappy pics of two alien tourists I created for my game just to give even more of an idea of the sort of aliens I'm looking for.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 12:52 AM
Bo over at Leefish made a nice set. They use whatever alien skin you have, Maxis or default replacement.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2965
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:47 AM
I'm sorry but what is PT?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Theorist
#4 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis

Pollenation Tech ... in other words the aliens that are the father(s) of the offspring of abducted sims

The standard that Maxis gives is 1 PT. That means that all alien babies are half siblings and it's because of this that people like to use multi pts. I don't know if you can have more than 4 PT's, but 4 is what I've seen people do. This gives a wider range of looks as well as the genetics of them all not bein related.
Inventor
#5 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:25 AM Last edited by Sketching : 28th Oct 2017 at 9:47 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis

Pollination Technician, the NPC who impregnates sims when they are abducted. PT9 of Strangetown was apparently one before he retired, which is why he had Lola and Chloe with Glarn Curious.

The problem is that there's only one PT in-game, which means there's a possibility for incest among the offsprings' descendants or that you will have a deceased alien hybrid with a sibling born several generations later. Mult-PT sets are downloaded mostly for genetic diversity - some of them use custom skin and eyes - but you must be careful with them because putting them in the Downloads folder will result in all of your neighborhoods getting them and pulling them out counts as deleting them from the hoods. The same goes for Ideal Plantsims and Multi Plantsim default replacements. There are sets with 4 - 8 replacements ( I don't know if it's possible to have more), and there are sets that just add more and still retain the original EAxis PT.

If you want different Multi PT/Plantsim sets for each neighborhood, you can put the character files in the neighborhood's character folders instead. That way, if you don't want to use it anymore or want a different set later on, you can delete the controller package from Downloads without deleting the character packages. You can rotate around sets and have more diverse batches of alien hybrids that way.

Edit: Sometimes I imagine that the PTs are fairies or other sorts of creatures, so if I do use them, I make my own and rotate around them. If you find that you want to use certain PTs from the sets or just want your own, here are some tutorials:
https://simgaroop.dreamwidth.org/39709.html
http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2541 - I find this one a bit easier to follow.

Edit 2: I forgot some suggestions for default genetics Multi PT sets for the OP. I'm not sure if they fit your aesthetic but maybe you'd like to edit them anyway.
http://brilliantsims.livejournal.com/10135.html
https://jelloonsims.livejournal.com/863.html
http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=306491
http://freudroid.livejournal.com/10290.html#cutid1
http://www.applesims.net/multipt.html
http://stakeit-uk.livejournal.com/24708.html
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:15 AM
That's a clear explanation. I don't play with aliens and plantsims (yet). So I didnt know. But I'll keep this in mind once I start to play them.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jules1111
Bo over at Leefish made a nice set. They use whatever alien skin you have, Maxis or default replacement.

http://www.leefish.nl/mybb/showthread.php?tid=2965

I hadn't seen that one, thanks. Nearly all of them look basically the same (and the first two are nearly identical!), though...I'm looking for a bit more variety in appearances.

Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
The same goes for Ideal Plantsims and Multi Plantsim default replacements.

I'm pretty sure you can actually swap out Ideal Plantsims so long as it's a single default replacement and not a multi set. That's what Jo told me today, anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by Sketching
I forgot some suggestions for default genetics Multi PT sets for the OP. I'm not sure if they fit your aesthetic but maybe you'd like to edit them anyway.

Not sure how I could tell if they fit my aesthetic or not, since I can't actually see pics of 90% of them??
Inventor
#8 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:12 AM
Oh, singles are fine. It's the Multi sets that are the problem.

And . I didn't think about that. If you're not opposed to the idea or unable to use it, there's a chrome add-on that still allows you to see the pictures: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...ngiikdkpmcpkaon.

Edit:
https://jelloonsims.livejournal.com/863.html has pictures using a CC version here: https://fightocrime.livejournal.com/9724.html#cutid1
http://www.applesims.net/multipt.html and http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=306491 have pictures.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:22 AM
Here's the Firefox version of that add-on. Thanks for giving me the idea to look for it. It works great!

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fi...xer/?src=search
Inventor
#10 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:30 AM
Now we just have to hope that the coppers won't catch on to us.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:28 PM
Since I know by experience that truly weird PTs are hard to find,
What do you think of these guys? The first eight are the PTs I made for my current game and the second are a set I'm currently in the process of creating (Sims are done, but I still need to work on the skins a bit, since I'm making my own this time around). I use CC in my game, but I could make you a CC-less version, if you're interested - I probably should do it anyways if I ever get around to putting them up for download.

I haven't tried breeding the second batch yet, but the first will give you weird, sometimes ugly, sometimes cute (and often both at the same time, like pugs) babies. The last batch of pictures are examples of that.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:08 PM
Don't suppose there's an Internet Explorer add on for Photobucket?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eldonyx
What do you think of these guys? The first eight are the PTs I made for my current game and the second are a set I'm currently in the process of creating (Sims are done, but I still need to work on the skins a bit, since I'm making my own this time around). I use CC in my game, but I could make you a CC-less version, if you're interested - I probably should do it anyways if I ever get around to putting them up for download.

Without CC it'd be easier to judge what their faces look like, but from what I can see here, some of those are amazing! :lovestruc
I really like Rilune, with PT6Brain coming in second. I feel like Etheace could really grow on me; I think she ranks 3rd.
A lot of them look like elves/goblins, which is great if that's what people are looking for...it's just not really what I'm looking for. I actually think Ilphxena and Dirzstra would make lovely default replacement Ideal Plantsim options. :lovestruc Same with PT7Grandes, now that I think of it.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 6:47 PM Last edited by Eldonyx : 28th Oct 2017 at 7:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Without CC it'd be easier to judge what their faces look like, but from what I can see here, some of those are amazing! :lovestruc
I really like Rilune, with PT6Brain coming in second. I feel like Etheace could really grow on me; I think she ranks 3rd.
A lot of them look like elves/goblins, which is great if that's what people are looking for...it's just not really what I'm looking for. I actually think Ilphxena and Dirzstra would make lovely default replacement Ideal Plantsim options. :lovestruc Same with PT7Grandes, now that I think of it.

Thanks! Here are pictures without CC, although some have their genders reversed.

I know what you mean about plantsim defaults - I'm pretty sure it crossed my mind too at some point, probably while I was creating the sims for my multi-plantsim mod, but since my PT mod was already done, I figured it would be easier to just come up with something else.

Rilune is really just Maxis' PT with features made even more extreme. And Etheace is actually maybe the only PT in that mod whose children are always cute, much to my surprise - that's not what I designed her for.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#15 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:03 PM
Here are pictures without CC, although some have their genders reversed.

Ah, much easier to see now! And I think I kind of like Quilaun...sort of a fish/bird look going on.
Rilune is still very much my fave. :lovestruc
Ilphena remains an ethereal elf. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:00 PM
Soo... Now the question is: do you like them enough to want them in your game? And if it is the case, are you willing to wait (because let's be honest, I'm probably not finishing that today )?
If so, which ones? Four or eight?
Do you want Maxis' original PT among them?
Mad Poster
#17 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 8:35 PM Last edited by grammapat : 28th Oct 2017 at 10:26 PM. Reason: clarify
I DO like your PT's!! I already have 4 multi-sets, but yours are delicious. But hay: are those just pixie ears with some tweeking (bigger, and sticking our)?
AND to clarify what Sketching said: You CAN have multiple PTs, including SETS with more than one PT. And you can use them ALL, in ALL your hoods... BUT what you do is separate the .package file from the "contents". What that means is you have to open the package and look at everything: one thing will say .package (and the nice creator will name it "default") - that is what tells the system "Use THIS PT". The rest of the objects are skins, eyes, faces, sometimes pictures, etc.
Put the master".package" in a separate folder (like, "PT MASTER Widget") - only one MASTER can be in your downloads
Put everything else in another folder (like, "PT WIdget") -- all this stuff STAYS in your downloads
When you want to change who the impregnator will be, just take the Master & out put another one in (and if you take ALL your Master default PTs out, the game will revert to the original PT)
If you happen to take out the PT "contents" it won't destroy your game, it does what always happens when a CC is removed (like an object will revert to whatever it was cloned from, or disappear). NO, you're half-alien child won't disappear, their CC stuff (skin,eyes) will just revert to Maxis stuff.

Are you genetisicing them? genetisizeing? oh well
=========
Disagree? Me too - a few things I wrote are wrong - see following comments, which say stuff I didn't know... or I KNEW but forgot. I forget..

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:03 PM Last edited by Eldonyx : 29th Oct 2017 at 1:51 PM. Reason: Memory fail
@grammapat Thanks! And no, those are real ears, not accessories (I can't stand those - they flash blue half the time and you need to recolor them for every skin you have (far too many, in my case)). To make those PTs, I used ears from custom face templates available here and on GoS, I think, but now that there are custom sliders, I expect pointy ears will be a lot easier to make.

And to clarify your clarification: in a multiPT mod, you have:
-The mod package itself, which tells your game who the aliens are
-As many character packages as you have PTs (unless one of them is Maxis' PT, in which case you will have one less)
-CC used on the PTs, like skin, eyes, hair and the like

Of those:
-The mod package may be removed safely at any time and replaced with another
-Character packages should NEVER be taken out once a PT has been spawned in any neighborhood (i. e. once someone has gotten abducted). Like the broken character files in the base game, those can seriously mess up your game. If you want to change PT mods, just leave those in your folder and add in the new ones, they won't conflict.
-CC packages can theoretically be removed without irrevocably harming your game. However, doing so will break the affected sims' DNA, and you will need to fix it in SimPE before playing again. Just keep the CC in, it's a lot simpler and less dangerous that way.

Edit:
@grammapat My skins are not geneticized (I like the way custom skins behave for aliens). The eyes are all geneticized at 1 (dominant) like Maxis' alien eyes, if I recall correctly (but one could make them recessive easily - you just have to change the genetic values in the CC eyes files, no need to go messing around in the mod itself).
I checked my old notes, and it turns out that despite my initial intent to do so, I never actually tested to see if it was possible to use geneticized skins in PTs/IPs. What I did test was whether or not I could use geneticized eyes (yes) and, for IPs, custom skins since I've never seen an IP mod use custom skins (it works). Be warned, however, that at least one tutorial mentions that geneticized skins do not appear to work with multi-PT mods.
Inventor
#19 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:10 PM
To avoid any more confusion, I'll leave these instructions from the wikia here. Source: http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Game_gui...ding_corruption

Regarding Multi-PT/Plantsim sets:

Regarding deleting customized/geneticized skins and/or eyes:
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:18 PM
Thanks @Sketching, I didn't remember that about the DNA CC actually causing corruption. I will edit my previous post about that.
Inventor
#21 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 9:23 PM
Thanks, Eldonyx. The thing is, if you're not aware of it and remove these skins and eyes, sims with them in-game will revert to default features but will actually lack their proper SimDNA codes - so basically, even if they look like they have brown eyes and default S2 skin, they don't actually have it in their genetics. If these sims ever have children, they'll pass on the corrupt DNA as well.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#22 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:21 PM
Soo... Now the question is: do you like them enough to want them in your game?

That is the question I've been asking myself since you first posted in this thread!

And if it is the case, are you willing to wait (because let's be honest, I'm probably not finishing that today )?

I certainly can, since I have plenty of other screwing around to do before trying to get my first sim abducted.

If so, which ones? Four or eight?

Here's the thing...I absolutely want Rilune, but of course I need a minimum of four... So I could add in Brain easily enough and then Etheace and Quilaun to create a set of four, but I'm not sure I really love them enough to be stuck with them, you know? I know everyone's saying you can sort of retire or even rotate different sets so long as you keep the sim files, but it still feels like a pretty serious commitment. (Maybe what I need to do is actually figure out how to make a mutli PT set myself, because then I could be as picky as anything...)

And I want Ilphxena, Dirzstra, and Grandes as Ideal Plantsim replacements, but that's not what you're offering!

Do you want Maxis' original PT among them?

I don't think so? If I did, I wouldn't need to worry about the wait at all, since I could just let him abduct my first sim (right?). Is his appearance randomized, or does he always look the same?
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 10:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosawyn
Here's the thing...I absolutely want Rilune, but of course I need a minimum of four... So I could add in Brain easily enough and then Etheace and Quilaun to create a set of four, but I'm not sure I really love them enough to be stuck with them, you know? I know everyone's saying you can sort of retire or even rotate different sets so long as you keep the sim files, but it still feels like a pretty serious commitment. (Maybe what I need to do is actually figure out how to make a mutli PT set myself, because then I could be as picky as anything...)

And I want Ilphxena, Dirzstra, and Grandes as Ideal Plantsim replacements, but that's not what you're offering!

I don't think so? If I did, I wouldn't need to worry about the wait at all, since I could just let him abduct my first sim (right?). Is his appearance randomized, or does he always look the same?

If I add the Maxis PT to the set, he will simply be one of the options the game chooses from when picking an alien impregnator, which means you get him + 3 others (for a set of four). His appearance isn't randomized, it's just another character file to choose from.

Alternatively, if you're not sure about the PTs, you could just pick your two favorite, and I could make a male and a female version of each one, bringing the total to the mandatory four. It means less facial variety in the babies, but it would still be four different possible parents.

Speaking of genetics, do you want an alien with each hair color, or all black (or something else)?

And about plantsims... A multi IP mod needs 4 sims, too. You have three. May I suggest you take a look at mine to complete the set?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#24 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:12 PM
Oh! Your Ideal Plantsims are really cute! I especially like Flora and Primrose. But I wasn't looking for a mutli set for Ideals, just individual replacements (there's a lot less commitment that way!). I have two Ideals already (individual replacements), and I love the flexibility of being able to swap them in and out as I choose.

For the multi PTs, I suppose it would make the most sense to have one of each hair colour, but...my hood is already severely over run with brown hair (and to a somewhat lesser extent black); it's Four Corners + Bitville + LGU, and all but one of my current four redheads came with LGU. So maybe I should think about that a bit more before making a decision?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 1:14 AM
No problem, I'm not in a hurry. It's better to think carefully about it that to spend your time regretting not having done it differently afterwards, especially if you can't make the changes yourself.
And about the plantsims - believe it or not, but I've just realized I have no idea how to make just one replacement! lol
Now I want to go tutorial-hunting...

In the meantime, here are a couple more questions for you:
-I see on your profile that you have AL. Is that correct? (The mod varies depending on your latest EP)
-I usually make my multi-PT mods compatible with BoilingOil's Alien Experiments mod. Technically, that means the PTs should be half females and half males. If we stick with Rilune, "Brains" (That's a temporary working name, don't worry), Etheace and Quilaun, I will probably be making "Brains" male. Is that okay with you?
Page 1 of 2