Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 6:18 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Constantly waving
I have two Sims in one household that just stand in one position and wave their right hand, stop, and start waving again. Have summoned both to other houses and they were perfectly fine. There are several other family members that are not affected. Can't control the Sims so can't do anything with them. Am running Sims 2 with everything but Pets up to T&A. Have about 25 hoods and several thousand playable Sims. If I cant find a solution, I will drown them and then resurrect, should be OK then.

Also, where is Chris Hatch ????
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 9:26 AM
Why can't you control the sims if they're in a household?

You can try boolprop testingcheatsenabled true and shift click on them and force error and reset. If you have the batbox you can try fixing things like stuck FX and other problems.

Chris Hatch is still around here sometimes.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:03 AM
The only time I have had sims waving constantly was when I was very new to the game. I ended up getting rid of them over a bad CC/mod...because I didn't know better and thought they were doomed.
I still regret it until this day, as that family was my very first sim family in TS2.
So..advise from me, before you drown anyone, check your CC/mods. Something must be conflicting.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Scholar
#4 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:21 PM
I am here
Don't kill them, the next A&N update (I try to never mention the other EP here) will cause a game reset so if you haven't fixed them by then that'll definitely fix them.
As Charity said, force an error on them. If that doesn't stop them try to get and post the error log it causes.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:47 PM
Default Constantly Waving
Quote: Originally posted by Chris Hatch
I am here
Don't kill them, the next A&N update (I try to never mention the other EP here) will cause a game reset so if you haven't fixed them by then that'll definitely fix them.
As Charity said, force an error on them. If that doesn't stop them try to get and post the error log it causes.

Ok, thanks Chris and Charity, I'll give it a try. And Charity did you try to resurrect your Sims ??? I've pretty much stopped killing them off because most problems can be fixed. Was trying to adopt a child recently and they kept bringing me one I didn't want, finally I just accepted it and then changed its DNA and got what I wanted.

Not sure how you will be able to post a update for A&N here ?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 2:57 PM
No I've never had to kill off sims because of a bug. I always managed to fix them somehow.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#7 Old 1st Feb 2018 at 10:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilverFox30
Not sure how you will be able to post a update for A&N here ?

He means he'll post it on his new site (and it's good to hear Chris you will be uploading your stuff)

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th Feb 2018 at 4:36 PM
Charity, killing them usually fixed it !!! Of course I resurrect them after killing and when they come back they behave better !!! Funny thing about the waving. Had exited the game and come back and still waving but after my post went back ready to try testingCheats enabled and lo and behold they were perfectly normal, no problem. Guess the threat of being killed was too much for them !!!