Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 4:15 PM Last edited by grumpy_otter : 13th Dec 2014 at 1:39 AM.

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I am trying to bypass the game launcher. . .NEW ISSUE--see last post
using these instructions: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...sing%20Launcher

but I am not sure what code I should enter. I have all the EPs except "celebration stuff," and my base game is the Holiday edition. My start disk is Best of Business collection.

Do you know what new instruction I need to enter? Thanks
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grumpy_otter
using these instructions: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?tit...sing%20Launcher

but I am not sure what code I should enter. I have all the EPs except "celebration stuff," and my base game is the Holiday edition. My start disk is Best of Business collection.

Do you know what new instruction I need to enter? Thanks

If the Best of Business collection is your start disk, then go to Program Files/EA Games/Best of Business/TS Bin and find the file called Sims2EP<number>.exe or Sims2SP<number>.exe

Right click on the file, select Create Shortcut and then Copy the shortcut and paste it on your desktop. DONE!
Now you just click on your shortcut on the desktop and the game starts.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SciBirg
If the Best of Business collection is your start disk, then go to Program Files/EA Games/Best of Business/TS Bin and find the file called Sims2EP<number>.exe or Sims2SP<number>.exe

When i click on Best of Business Collection in the program files, I have no TS bin?

The other folders do have TS bins?
Scholar
#4 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:25 PM
When i click on Best of Business Collection in the program files, I have no TS bin?

The other folders do have TS bins?

that's interesting... Best of business is OFB plus a stuff pack or two, right? Is there an Open For Business folder?
Or maybe some of your files are being hidden by Windows?

Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 5:44 PM
Inside the Best of Business folder are folders called EP3, EP99, SP5, and SP7, and each of them has a TSBin folder with a launcher inside--but I have no idea which one gets used.

But I think i need to bypass the launcher, not just make a shortcut to it.
Scholar
#6 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 6:03 PM
Inside the Best of Business folder are folders called EP3, EP99, SP5, and SP7, and each of them has a TSBin folder with a launcher inside--but I have no idea which one gets used.

But I think i need to bypass the launcher, not just make a shortcut to it.

Does it have the file Sims2launcher or Sims2SP7.exe ? The EP-file is the executable for the actual game, not the launcher. So if you make a shortcut to this file, you WILL bypass the launcher. I would go with SP7 and make a shortcut to that one.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 6:13 PM
Thank you for your patience! I have tried all the exe files in the Best of Business folder, and some of them said "running wrong version of Sims 2, run Best of Business" instead, and another said "Run Mansion and Garden instead"

So I tried that one, and no go either.

Do I just need to go through every folder I have and try all the exe files?

Oh joy!
Scholar
#8 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 6:54 PM
Thank you for your patience! I have tried all the exe files in the Best of Business folder, and some of them said "running wrong version of Sims 2, run Best of Business" instead, and another said "Run Mansion and Garden instead"

So I tried that one, and no go either.

Do I just need to go through every folder I have and try all the exe files?

Oh joy!

I think Mansions and Gardens is the last one. Are you sure you made a shortcut of the Mansions and Gardens Sims2SP9.exe file?

Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 6:59 PM
Thank you so much for your help!

I found it--in the BoB EP99 folder, it was called 2SC, which I missed the first time around.

Appreciate your assistance!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:38 AM
I am replying to this old thread because my shortcut launcher has stopped working. Been playing just fine, no problems--suddenly the game won't launch and when i window it out, it says "The application has crashed and will now close."

So I tried the old launcher--same problem.

I don't know if this part is relevant--when it tries to launch, it goes directly to the Mansion and Gardens screen without running through the video intro, as it used to. Help appreciated!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 1:51 AM
Have you deleted your cache files recently?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 2:06 AM
Yes--did that and still have the problem.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 3:01 AM
Do you have the sims 2 store edition?

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Mad Poster
#14 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 11:20 AM
Is it a big problem? I usually skip the video anyway.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Inventor
#15 Old 13th Dec 2014 at 11:42 AM
I still manage to start the game with the original launcher.
But here seems to be more going on than just a (bypassed) launcher that stopped working. There is a crash going on.
Are you sure you don't have added CC or mod/hacks that somehow crash your game?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 20th Dec 2014 at 2:25 AM
try using the apartment life exe file or free time to shortcut to...sometimes its not always the newest expansion that works best