Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jan 2007 at 4:38 PM Last edited by Phaenoh : 11th Feb 2014 at 4:10 PM.
Default Two Weeks Alive: a Zombie Apocalypse Challenge
This challenge is still in development, and it's probably pretty obvious where the major holes in logic are; suggestions or corrections are very welcome. Underlined items have been edited recently.

Revised very brief summary: Move eight Sims into a house. Zombify seven of them. Keep the final one alive for two game weeks. She / he should never be in a room alone with a zombie; and cannot have contact with anyone not in the household. (added 1-1-07 by request)

REQUIREMENTS:
- Sims 2 University.
- MATY's Zombie Apocalypse mod.
- MATY's Fight Club mod.
- Some way to manipulate life states and motives in Sims-- I use Insimenator. Alternative to Insimenator: Needs adjustor and ChristianLov's Resurrector.

Two Weeks: A Sims 2 Challenge
Prologue

* Start with a fresh neighborhood! The Zombie mod is incredibly fast-moving, and the zombies will take over with insane speed. (I had a household of eight adults and teens go from all-Sim to all-Zombie in 36 Sim hours.) Any neighborhood with active zombies is going to be overrun pretty fast, so you probably don't want to use an existing one. You may even want to remove this hack before playing any other neighborhoods.

* Prepare the world. For effciency's sake, build a single community shopping mall with a few stores: grocery, diner, clothing store, maybe a small gym. If you want your Sims to have a weapon later in the challenge, you must stock one store with them now. I recommend Paladin's weaponry, available at SimWardrobe.

I've cobbled together two lots for this challenge: 220 Carter Street (876K rar file) and/or Valley View Mini-Mall (450K rar file). I have all expansion packs (although not the stuff packs), so not everyone may be able to use them. Apologies in advance.

* Create your cast, each in a separate household. Play them for a while according to the game rules-- school, work, etc. I find that this is the most challenging if I honestly like all my Sims, personally. No more than two families (married couple, parent/s with kid/s, etc). At least three of your Sims should be single adults (or teens, if you feel like using hacks to change their ages). For that matter, if you want to hack the ages, you could play an all-teen house.

Don't allow them to exceed two body points; they can max out any or everything else. Fact! A zombie gains one body point for every fight won. Zombies in this game are very, very dangerous. That's my justification for why your group of potential survivors shouldn't have more than two body points: zombies don't feel pain, they don't get tired, and they're all about appetite, so they're physically superior to Sims. The more Sims fight, the stronger they get-- also like the zombies-- as long as they actually win.

* Build your set. Get a nice, big lot, as large as you can comfortably run. A mansion, a hospital, a school, a community lot built or hacked to be a residential lot-- something like that. It doesn't need to be hugely elaborate or well-decorated, but you do need a fair amount of room. You'll see why in a moment. (I kind of like Esse Ti Sims Royale for lots-- big, lots of space, easy to move around in. This hospital might also be an interesting option.)

* Do not include a fire alarm in this set! It's a zombie apocalypse-- public services are no longer in effect. Use MATY's Authorized Personnel Only hack to keep out all visitors, or all NPCs, for extra realism.

Sim Zero

* Create Sim Zero. This will be the point of origin for the infection. Can be teen or older only. Children and toddlers are immune from zombification. Play as usual. Again, do not exceed two body points. Use the Insimenator or the Resurrector to change Zero to zombie-state.

* Begin infection. Direct him/her to attack only Townies, and any other Sims who are NOT your main cast. Zombify at least twelve Sims.

Then....

* Move your cast into your set. The zombie apocalyse has begun-- your eight Sims are hiding out here, hoping to wait out the disaster until the authorities arrive to rescue everyone, or until they figure out what to do next. Play them for one Sim week. Do not allow them to greet anyone or welcome them into the house. Let them interact as normally as possible. This will be the best time to try and get motives at 100%. During this week, you may also make basic alterations to the house-- however, you can only work with what's there; no buying new items, no building new walls. You may delete exterior doors and windows, but you may not put them back.

Variant suggested by WizardofAus:
Sale of the Apocalypse: Before you move your Sims into one house, but after you've infected a critical mass of non-cast Sims, you can play that funfilled game, Sale of the Apocalypse! Send your Sims out to the community lot to buy up supplies that they think they'll need in order to save themselves while they hole up in their new lodgings. (This also might serve as a good way to get rid of any 'extra' Sims that you don't plan on moving into the cast house...)

* After this week has elapsed, as soon as a zombie turns up on the lot, the game really begins.

Trapped

* Whichever Sim is the most miserable (motive-wise, aspiration-wise, or ideally, both) is the one who mistakes the zombie outside for a fellow survivor, and rushes outside to greet him/her. This Sim cannot run away; his/her survival depends on being able to out-fight the zombie. If this Sim wins, allow the zombie into the house anyway, since the challenge actually depends on all Sims but one ending up zombified.

Once one member of the family has been attacked and zombified, someone else can get rid of the visitor by saying good bye.

Survivors

* Keep your survivors alive and non-zombies as long as possible. This is going to be a lot harder than you think, since being in a room with a zombie will almost guarantee an attack. If you would rather get right to that final two weeks, you can always let all the Sims except your chosen Final Sim operate on free will. To select a Final Sim ahead of time at random, use a dice roller.

* Your final survivor is your last non-zombified Sim, of course. To win this challenge, you must keep this survivor non-zombified, and alive, for two Sim weeks after everyone else has been zombified.

* The bigger the lot, the greater the likelihood your Sim will survive, since there will be more room to maneuver (translation: run like hell). Fire escapes installed would be a very, very good move.

The Rules:

* LOCKDOWN: In accordance with traditional zombie behavior, it is presumed they can break down locked or barricaded doors. You can lock yourself into a room, but should a zombie attempt access, you must presume that they succeed in forcing the door. (They don't wear out, they don't feel pain, and they have nothing better to do but break in.) Delete the door and replace it with an arch. A door or archway can be barricaded by furniture-- however, the same rules apply; and in this case, whatever you used as a barricade (must be a piece of furniture larger than 1 tile) is destroyed, and should be deleted. (Modified from a suggestion by WizardofAus-- thanks!)

BLACKOUT: Zombies are attracted to signs of life such as noise and light. If a light is on for more than one Sim hour, direct all lot zombies to that room. If any noise-generating object (radio, TV, cellphone, games, etc) are on, direct all lot zombies to that room immediately. General Sim talking is fine; but if a Sim throws a tantrum-- you guessed it!-- direct all lot zombies to that room. If a phone rings, same thing-- this may actually be a useful diversion. (NOTE: This can be made much easier if you want to use Inge's General Assembly Point object. It will call everyone to the room where the GAP is at. You may, if you use this, go to Buy/Build to move one of these from room to room as needed.)

WEAPONRY: Your Sim may purchase a weapon if, and only if, you've already stocked one in the community lot. You have to pay for it, of course, (money cheat is okay to use) since there's no way to loot a store. You may also buy other things, or try and grab a meal or a shower, but bear in mind that zombies will turn up very, very quickly. Your Sim may only visit the community lot if he/she is at least 75% on energy and hunger! Venturing out into a possibly zombie-infested area otherwise would be suicide, equalling automatic challenge loss.

* GROCERIES: Can't get any kind of food delivered. For the sake of gameplay, however, you can use a hacked fridge to refill it automatically. This is meant to simulate two weeks' worth of food-- even if by the end they're reduced to eating cold soup and tuna out of a can.

WORK/SCHOOL: Nobody works or goes to school. It isn't safe, obviously. They'll probably take aspiration hits, but this is all about survival.

FREE WILL: You cannot control a Sim after zombification. It is very, very unwise to allow a Sim to remain in a room with a zombie, no matter their relationship or how friendly they were. Zombies _will_ eat Sims' brains-- it makes them very, very happy.

CORNERED: Small rooms, such as bathrooms, are dead ends-- literally. Unless it's a public restroom, you won't be able to run past the zombie without getting grabbed. But if a zombie walks in while your Sim is engaged in doing something, you must consider your Sim cornered-- command the zombie to Fight ] Eat Brains, and take your chances. If a zombie walks in while your Sim is just standing there, you can still try to run like hell.

COMBAT: Optional rule. If you want to take the battle to the enemy, you can engage a zombie in combat. Use the dice roller to pick a target at random. Win twice, and you can use the Motive Monitor to set the zombie's motives to zero: insta-death! Congratulations! Of course, if you lose....

ASPIRATION: If a Sim is in aspiration failure when a zombie enters the room before the doctor has arrived to cure them, you must consider your Sim cornered-- when they come out of failure, command the zombie to Fight ] Eat Brains, and take your chances. If the zombie arrives as they're being cured, when they come out of failure, you can make the Sim run.

Motive manipulation

HUNGER: It's probably not a great idea to let your Sim hang out in the kitchen to prepare and eat a meal, so we'll cut you a break. Have your your Sim scurry down to the kitchen, grab something, drop it on the floor, and run off again. When they're in a room with no zombies, you can boost their hunger motive by 75% during the first week, and by 50% the second.

ENERGY: Oooooh. Yikes. Good luck with this one. However, you get a break on this, too. If you can get your Sim into an empty room that remains empty for one Sim hour, you may count this as a power nap, and boost the energy motive 50-75%. If a zombie shows, wake your Sim and run like hell.

HYGIENE/BLADDER: If you want to risk it, go on and try a shower or bath, or using the toilet; but it might be wiser to be stinky, and, well, pee on yourself-- see the CORNERED rule, above. Your Sim can also use a trash can as a toilet-- that is, they can empty out whatever's inside; and you can boost their bladder motive to 100%.

FUN/SOCIAL/COMFORT: You're on your own, my friend. Nobody said an apocalypse was supposed to be something fun to live through.

ENVIRONMENT: Probably going to get ugly pretty fast. Clean if you can, but if a zombie enters a room in the middle of a cleaning (that is, while the blue skill bar is above your Sim's head), command the zombie to Fight ] Eat Brains, and take your chances. Before or after, your Sim can run.

No Happy Endings

If you keep your final Sim alive for two weeks, you have won!

Sort of, anyway.

Using the Motive Adjustor, kill off all the zombie Sims-- this represents The Authorities coming to the rescue with really big guns. Each time, ensure your Final Sim is there, in order to generate a death memory.

Now you can play your Sim as usual... with all the trauma and sadness that go along with the terrible events they've survived. This is when playing a teen group might be especially challenging.

The end.

Zombie Hunter!

Set up a tiny apartment for your Sim in your community lot. Send your Final Sim there, and let him/her kill off every zombie that shows up according to the combat rule above. For an extra challenge, disallow the use of weapons!

Short form: Zombie Control and Motive Restoration rules.

Direct all zombies to a room where:
- A light is on for more than one Sim hour;
- A noise-generating object (radio, TV, cellphone, games, etc) is turned on;
- A Sim throws a tantrum.

When this happens, any locked or barricaded doors are presumed to have been bashed down; they can no longer be locked. Any furniture used as a barricade is presumed to have been destroyed (delete in Buy/Build).

Hunger: Have your your Sim scurry down to the kitchen, grab something from the fridge, drop it on the floor, and run off again. When they're in a room with no zombies, you can boost their hunger motive by 75% during the first week, and by 50% the second. This is meant to represent scavenging, fleeing, and eating.
Energy: If you can get your Sim into an empty room that remains empty for one Sim hour, you may count this as a power nap, and boost the energy motive 50-75%. If a zombie shows, wake your Sim and run like hell.
Bladder: Your Sim can also use a trash can as a toilet-- that is, they can empty out whatever's inside; and you can boost their bladder motive to 100%.
Advertisement
#2 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 11:25 PM
Default Cool
Lol. Very cool.
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Jan 2007 at 8:22 PM
Wow, you've obviously worked on this very much! It seems such a detailed challenge, and looks ver good!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2007 at 3:24 PM
I love zombie movies so I'm definitely going to give this a shot. Great job!
#5 Old 4th Feb 2007 at 3:49 AM
Wow this is like Dawn of the Dead!!! I have been rather bored of playing for a while this sounds like it could liven things up! has anyone started this yet?

I have a couple of questions. Sorry if It is right in the post and I didnt read it right. The 2 weeks before infection, it says play the cast on separate lots, do I play each lot for 2 sim weeks? (this could take a while )

With the weapons are there rules for being able to use them? and it states that there is an already built house and mall where do I get this, I hate building!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 12:42 AM
LorinMarie: I know a few people have played it already, and at least a few more are in process. I've played it myself (obviously), and had a lot of fun, in a slightly creepy way.

You can play your cast for as long as you want-- two days, two weeks, two hours, whatever feels right. I generally play until I really like my cast; makes it more nerve-wracking when the apocalypse sets in, since I'm risking Sims I have fun with.

I haven't uploaded the useable lots yet, but I can do that sometime in the next day or so; nothing complicated, but I do have all the EPs, so they may not work for you.

re: Weapons - Pretty much the guidelines above are the rules. An additional guideline might be, if your Sim wouldn't reasonably know how to use them, then he/she probably shouldn't waste time on it. Or if you want to get more complicated, since most Sim weapons are fatal every time:

- roll a d10 one time.
- If the result is odd, then your Sim failed to hit the target; don't use the weapon.
- If the result is even, then your Sim hit the target; fire at will!

To make it even more complicated (and dangerous!), on a success roll, roll another d10.
- Odd result: use the weapon.
- Even result: attack without the weapon, and take your chances.
#7 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 3:35 AM
Thank You! I downloaded a hospital to use it just seemed like more of a place where random people could end up together seeking refuge during a zombie takeover! I think I will clone my fave sims from other neighborhoods to use that way I will feel like I already know them. I am eager to get to the zombie part! I downloaded a creepy zombie skin the maxis one is not scary enough for me. I will probably start tomorrow night and I think I will write an album about it as well, though it wont be much of a story of my main sim dies!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 6:31 PM
Default Lots now available

220 Carter Street (876K rar file)

This three-story house was once a summer home for a wealthy family. It's been remodelled several times, but retains much of its original structural design, including exterior stairs.

Ground floor: kitchen, pantry, dining room, split living area, entryway, guest bathroom/bedroom, half bath.

Second floor: Master bedroom with bathroom, children's bedroom, nursery with single bed, home office.

Third floor: Formerly a servants' quarters; now primarily storage.

Valley View Mini-Mall (450K rar file)
This mini-mall includes an outdoor electronics stall, a small gym (bathrooms with shower area on second floor), grocery store (outdoor eating area on open-air second floor), and clothing store.

I have all expansion packs (although not the stuff packs), so not everyone may be able to use them. Apologies in advance.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 6:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LorinMarie
I will probably start tomorrow night and I think I will write an album about it as well, though it wont be much of a story of my main sim dies!

Great! Please post a link to your album, if you don't mind-- I'm interested in seeing how people play this challenge out.
#10 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 5:13 AM
I put up a short intro album I thought I would have some fun with it so I put in my own little twist in choosing my characters, I already know these ones all to well! I must warn you I am no writer but I am having fun Thanks for the challenge I have not had this much fun with my sims in a long time! I cant wait until tomorrow night to play some more!

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/sto...asset_id=142141
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 4:56 AM
Ooo. How Resident Evil!
Test Subject
#12 Old 2nd Apr 2008 at 1:26 AM
I am totally doing this! I'm gonna make a new hood and sims and everything, as soon as I start the game I'll make an album or something.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 4:07 PM
This looks awesome, thanks for posting it, ElaineMc! I'm definitely going to try it out next time I play.

We are the lucky ones
Your mother's daughters, your father's sons
Don't you grow old before your time
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th May 2008 at 3:42 PM
Whooops. Didn't realize people had replied to this particularly recently. Glad you guys are having fun with it. I, personally, have a fair amount of fun with the Zombie Hunter ending-- after X amount of kills, I start curing people and letting life get back to normal.

Anyone who's interested in playing this challenge, but doesn't feel like bothering with building, I have two lots for download here. One is an ugly, but functional, shopping area, and one is a big, old stone mansion, complete with back stairs to aid in escaping. Both have been playtested, and are small enough they shouldn't bog your game down.
#15 Old 22nd Jan 2009 at 3:49 PM
I don't really have university, but I do have nightlife. So can I substitute vampires for zombies? I mean, they are just as ferocious, just not as stupid.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 15th Feb 2009 at 7:02 PM
I don't know if you all have seen this yet, but I just saw it and thought of this challenge. It's the WNF February Aspiration set. Zombie stuff
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Apr 2009 at 1:16 AM
Default Resident evil
this is great gonna definately try it I did something like this by myself once with my own rules but this is kul I thinki I might use my Claire Redfield I downloaded
Field Researcher
#18 Old 1st May 2009 at 3:41 AM
Quote:
Begin infection. Direct him/her to attack only Townies, and any other Sims who are NOT your main cast. Zombify at least twelve Sims.

how to direct the zombie to attack zombie?
just click on the zombie and choose FIGHT - Eat Brains at townies?
Banned
#19 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 12:25 PM
OOH =D I'm going to have a field day with this one.
Test Subject
#20 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 3:06 AM
Can we have seceret rooms? Like the entrence is the mysteroius bookshelf??? i don't think zombies are smart enough to figure it out without knowledge of it.
but like rules with it being...
-you can't have every single need satisfying item in there.
-and if a zombie sees when you enter or leave they know you're in their and smash it down.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 11th Apr 2010 at 7:30 PM
great idea emcd! I'm gonna add that to my game i didnt have university before but now i do so i can play this challenge!!!!

Happiness is a direction, not a place
Test Subject
#22 Old 25th Jun 2010 at 7:03 PM
where can i get the hack?? MATY no longer works for me

Who drank me' tea?!
Oh yeah, I did.
Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:47 PM
do we need to have a needs adjuster....cuz i rather play my game without...which i will
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 7:49 PM
i am going to put a report up on my blogger...which ill put a link to later
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Aug 2010 at 10:25 PM
.........i changed the the rules a bit to fit my liking...i installed the stuff and made sim 0 and so far infected 2 townies...or npcs or whatever there called...i moved the 8 sims into this huge house...there is no furniture and stuff in this...i am going to buy stuff in buy mode......then im going to go through it....i want to see who the last survivor is....plus i put the ekitchen and bedrooms and stuff on the top floor
Page 1 of 3