Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 8:55 PM
Sailboat Effect Mesh Location?
Hey, I'm looking to replace the sailboat effect, but I can't seem to find it in the GameData files (though I was able to find its texture files).

Any idea how I might be able to find it?
Advertisement
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#2 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 8:24 PM
I have this same exact issue with my butterfly replacement! Can't seem to find the mesh, even with checking the VXPY...Will let you know if I found something.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 12:35 AM
Some of the effects simply don't seem to be labelled, unfortunately...
Inventor
#4 Old 7th Mar 2018 at 4:05 AM Last edited by douglasveiga : 11th Mar 2018 at 12:21 AM.
perhaps, you may find the key inside one of those CLIP animation files, because most of them have effect triggers.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2018 at 3:44 AM
How would I open up the animations?
Inventor
#6 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 12:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
How would I open up the animations?

You need to select the "clip" file and look for the correct animation you need to replace.
Screenshots
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#7 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 6:33 PM
okay so just to clarify if i'm on the right path here myself @douglasveiga, Are these FNV32 hashes for the instance? Or the 'meshes name' that is within the MLOD file?
Inventor
#8 Old 11th Mar 2018 at 7:24 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 11th Mar 2018 at 7:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
okay so just to clarify if i'm on the right path here myself @douglasveiga, Are these FNV32 hashes for the instance? Or the 'meshes name' that is within the MLOD file?

@Lyralei
Not exactly.
"EffectNameHash" references an effect instance inside the "Sims3Effects" resource (_SWF), you may find it inside the "DeltaBuild0" package.

To be honest, I know where it is but I don't know any tool to edit or create new effects so I guess you may find a plain binary data.