Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#76 Old 14th Apr 2009 at 8:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aninyosaloh
If you are making the Cinderella Castle white
But if you are making Sleeping Beauty Castle pink

Oh, I see. Thanks! :D

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#77 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lauralaima
artrui I think you're doing an excellent job, those pics of the castle made my jaw hit the table... you're a genius. About the library, this is what I think: that's maaaassive, I think you should make it smaller, or maybe paint the top walls as if they weren't bookcases. Though you could fix it by making a wall paint similar to those full of books but with a pediment line or a fake space between a bookcase and the following one, so it doesn't look as a single huge thing. Is that possible? I know the issue with the walls' height but maybe making an especial wall paint that can be repaired?
Another thing, for the floors I'd use more wood and less ceramic tiles, I've just seen those screenshots posted by WWW and they showcase a lot of wood in all rooms.
Keep creating, this is going to be e-pic!!!

Thanks! The Library is still in building. I think, I'd better show you the whole view of that library and its position, so that you can understand, why did I not duild that hall lowly or why could I not fix that wall paint with with a pediment line etc. You see, that's a whole room (It's not a room with three floors). I must always conside its looks of outside at first and then think of the possible building ways in its inside. So, I could not do too much for that wall, but to decorate that wall with objects is possible.

I'm searching for every new idea to deal with the Sims! To me this game's just like a tool. One can change and create everything he/she wants!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#78 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 8:15 PM
Today, the ballroom on the first floor is finished. It's a place for royal events:

Zombie Socks
#79 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 8:49 PM
Disco lighting? In a ballroom? Somehow, that doesn't look right... I would also suggest changing the flooring in the library to a darker, more natural wood, as the red and gold doesn't really match. The pink and blue flooring in the ballroom is likewise very much at odds with the rest of the room.

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#80 Old 15th Apr 2009 at 9:36 PM
I think, that library floor with gold dots match the lighting... They should look like stars in sky.

I plan to make white tone or light color tone for the most rooms. The ballroom with pink and blue pattern belong to that series.

Forum Resident
#81 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:18 AM
I think a fancy chandaleir should go in the ballroom in place of the disco lights.
Zombie Socks
#82 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by artrui
I think, that library floor with gold dots match the lighting... They should look like stars in sky.

I plan to make white tone or light color tone for the most rooms. The ballroom with pink and blue pattern belong to that series.

Shouldn't stars be on a ceiling?

The white tones and light colors is a fine idea, but the tacky linoleum with confetti on it does nothing to lend to the beauty of the fancy castle you've built. It just looks... bad. There's really no other word for it

Nintendork Island | Please call me WWW!| Despite what avatar says, loves all of mts <3
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#83 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:40 PM
Cetainly, I have many many beautiful walls and floors from Komosims or other pay site. But the pay content will not be allowed to upload. It's also confuse to distinguish those pay or use free CCs. This time, I am really very cautious by using CC!!! The most items what I prefer to choose are the maxis content (include walls and floors). I don't want this castle to be rejected. I am afraid of that.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#84 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 6:50 PM
by the way, those ladders in library are pay items, too. Does anyone know any other free ladders like that in my screenshot?

Zombie Socks
#85 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:24 PM
Marvine ladders? They're functional as well.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#86 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 8:51 PM
No, I want only decoration ladders with different height. That should be propped up against the walls.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#87 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 9:12 PM
now, I've changed the lighting. But I don't know, which floor is better for that ballroom. Any suggestion?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#88 Old 16th Apr 2009 at 9:46 PM
perhaps, to add some sofas there?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#89 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 3:07 AM Last edited by artrui : 17th Apr 2009 at 6:22 PM.
updated floorplans
...still something needs to be built...
I think, my main missions of this project are to build a qualified castle with beautiful looks from its outside and to make suitable floorplans. I've used double long time to build the castle inside than to build its outside. It's a hard work. I hope, you will be satisfied with my castle at the end.
Now, I've updated the floorplans. The rooms are divided to public and privat parts. In the middle are mostly public space. The sleep space is pushed to the side. I am sorry that I can not build bigger bedrooms because of the limit of the entire livable places. But I think, I've got a better solution as follow:

red arrows - public space
pink arrows - rooms of princess
blue arrows - rooms of prince
orange arrows - rooms of king
purple arrows - rooms of queen

1st Floor:
1) bridge
2) entry of the castle
3) thorns of king and quees, ballroom
4) perhaps, a conference room
5)&6) two small public WCs
7) a grand terrace
8) downstairs to pool
9) a corner pavilion
10) spiral up- and downstairsstairs
11) formal upstairs to royal bureau
12) downstairs to underground garden and dining-room
13) entry of prince rooms
14) prince bedroom
15) prince bathroom
16) public landscape corner, the top part of Marvine waterfall
17) entry of princess rooms
18) a small terrace with two chairs and table for princess
19) princess bedroom
20) princess dressing room
21) princess bathroom

2nd Floor:
22) royal bureau
23) left: lounge; right: entry of king rooms
24) saloon with mirrors
25) gallery bridge to king's Cross Deep villa
26) spiral upstairsstairs to the top floor of tor
27) king's antechamber
28) king's bedroom
29) king's WC
30) king's bathroom
31) king's terrace
32) entry of queen rooms
33) gallery bridge to queen's Cross Deep villa
34) queen's dressing room
35) queen's antechamber
36) queen's bedroom
37) queen's upstairs tower, with Marvine ladder
38) queen's bathroom

basement: (most are not finished yet.)
39) dining-room
40) perhaps, kitchen
41) perhaps, bedrooms for servants
42) perhaps, public WC for man
43) perhaps, public WC for woman
44) room function--unknow
45) underground patio with fountain
46) gate to secret garden
47) secret garden with rock tub etc.
48) sauna
49) perhaps, massage room
50) secret passage to lawn
51) another secret passage to pond
52) perhaps, public douche
53) unknow
54) underground hall, many doors there

back to 1st floor:
55) bar
56) perhaps, reception of hotel
57) courtyard, perhaps can build somethings there
58) perhaps, grille
59)&60) prince rooms, function unknow

3rd Floor:
61) library
62) spiral stairs 26 to king's chess room, clear views to bridge
63) Quuen's tower, clear views to grand terrace

How about? your mind? Suggestions for the unfinished rooms?

Anyway, I plan to test the castle with 4 appartment units at first, so that, when the Sims move out, the building-objects will not be lost. Furthermore, the rent price of this Disney Castle is acceptable for start family. After moving in, the family can earn more money to rent the all the rooms, when they want. The appartment-doors can be found at 13, 17, 23 (right) and 32.
Then, man can change the appartment door to hotel door. Perhaps, I will add some beds in basement. The hotel will come to 5-6 bedrooms...
As residential castle is also possible. Just add a gate between 31, 38 and 37. Queen and king need not to be isolated from each other.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#90 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 11:21 PM
Now:

Zombie Socks
#91 Old 17th Apr 2009 at 11:34 PM
Very lovely! There's so much information it's taking me a while to sort through all the rooms... I'd suggest making it all one house, because making it into seperate apartments looks like it'd be a nightmare, especially if you planned to put in all the basics.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#92 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 11:18 AM Last edited by artrui : 25th Apr 2009 at 6:36 PM. Reason: to explain the problem clearly
Test Problem and New Mesh
I am stopped to build the castle. Because I've got the problem as follow:

Diesney Castle: shots *screenshots*; test
its first package: see thread#31, #32, #37; tested with 4 Persons family, runs
its 2nd package: see thread#90,#89; tested with 4 Persons family, doesn't run!
tested in build mod, runs

To compare: The highest main tower are different. I've built it higher and added a small tower beside it through adding maxis meshes there.

Please help me to find out the problem. What's wrong with the lot? Are there too many things on the roof zone?
I don't know. But will it run, when I make a new mesh with lower polygon count for that main tower and some other roofs? Please tell me what do you think.
My mesh example:

Zombie Socks
#93 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 5:48 PM
Shots? I don't know what you mean by 'shots'?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#94 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 6:34 PM
screenshots of the packed lot.

Zombie Socks
#95 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 6:37 PM
Your first post was a bit (okay, really) confusing. What exactly is the problem? Is it the mesh? Does the mesh not show up on the lot? Does the lot crash?

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#96 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 6:46 PM
no, that mesh is not packed into the lot yet. The problem is, the game did not run after a new sims family moving into. That is the lot, which I've made screenshots on 17th Apr.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#97 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 7:04 PM
But I've made also back up of the castle on 11th Apr. The game runs good after I let the Sims move into that back up lot. So I think, maybe I've added too many maxis meshes to build the towers...
I should delete something in this lot. But I want to keep the looks of that beautiful towers. I am not sure, but perhaps it helps when I make new roof or tower meshes and delete the old one.
Do you understand what I mean? I guess, the whole lot package is too big. I should make it smaller. I can not find other reason.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#98 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 7:13 PM
again,
the first package of this castle--9.411kb, 11.04.09
the second edition--23.506kb, 17.04.09 (I've added one floor more for the main tower.)

Zombie Socks
#99 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 7:45 PM
Is it only this lot that isn't working? It might be some cc that it's included with the lot.

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#100 Old 25th Apr 2009 at 9:49 PM
yes. I've deleted some CC already. I will test it again.

Locked thread | Locked by: whiterider Reason: Threadcromancy is bad, k.
Page 4 of 7