Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 6:38 AM
Default Problem with extra CEP for a dresser
Like in http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608284 I made an extra CEP also for the OFB-dresser: Extra CEP, Recolors.
But the OFB one causes a problem with the door animation.
For this one I had to separate the metal parts from the wood, in the BG one they were already different subsets.
I have noticed that it is enough for causing this problem to export and import the subset named "armoire".

Has anyone an idea to solve that?
Thanks for helping me. Gabi
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 11:43 AM
I don't know specifically, but there is lots of good information in Grapholina's armoire tutorial that I found while researching custom animations for stairs. Maybe some of her tips could help you as well.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 3:34 PM
It sounds like you're exporting the mesh as OBJ, and in doing so wiping out the joint assignments. Use the GMDC format instead and you won't have this problem.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:52 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 5th Mar 2018 at 5:49 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
It sounds like you're exporting the mesh as OBJ, and in doing so wiping out the joint assignments. Use the GMDC format instead and you won't have this problem.

Thank you!
Where I have to do this? In SimPE or in Milkshape? In both programs I don't find this option.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 7:02 PM
When you're exporting the mesh from SimPE, right-click the GMDC resource and click "Extract". Then in Milkshape, use "Import -> Sims2 UniMesh Import" and "Export -> Sims2 UniMesh Export", respectively.

When you're ready to import your modified mesh back into SimPE, right-click the GMDC resource and hit "Replace".

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 10:09 PM Last edited by gabilei123 : 5th Mar 2018 at 11:19 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
When you're exporting the mesh from SimPE, right-click the GMDC resource and click "Extract". Then in Milkshape, use "Import -> Sims2 UniMesh Import" and "Export -> Sims2 UniMesh Export", respectively.

When you're ready to import your modified mesh back into SimPE, right-click the GMDC resource and hit "Replace".

Thank you very much!
Now I want to split the armoire into two subsets. But when I try to rename one they both have the original name if I export and import them.
What is the problem? I want to separate the handles, and furhermore they should get the same animation as the doors. Is this possible?

Another problem:
The working CEP http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=608284 has vanished. First I thought, I had deleted it by accident. But if I click on the link, I get the message:
"Thank you for submitting your thread to MTS.

It is currently in the moderation queue and will be looked at within 72-96 hours of initial submission. Please note this timeframe is only a guideline.

You will recieve a PM detailing either approval or rejection.

Thank you for your submission!"

If this is true, it is ok. But if I have deleted really, could it still be restored?

EDIT: I got a message, that my Extra-CEP is a duplicate: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=394313.

That is right, but even if I searched for it, I did not find it.
Instructor
#7 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 1:23 AM
I believe you have to rename it in Milkshape before exporting back to GMDC or, if you note the number of faces in each subset, you can rename the correct one in SimPE after reimporting the mesh.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 5:01 AM Last edited by gabilei123 : 6th Mar 2018 at 7:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
I believe you have to rename it in Milkshape before exporting back to GMDC or, if you note the number of faces in each subset, you can rename the correct one in SimPE after reimporting the mesh.

Thank you!
The first way I have already tried, but after exporting and importing the new name has vanished. I have no idea, what I have done wrong.

EDIT:
If I rename the subset in Simpe, no subset find it's texture anymore. Before I renamed the imported GMDC of my cloned dresser, the preview shows the textures right. After renaming no subset shows a texture. I could understand, if the new subset would not show, but why no subset?
I get a message, that the CRES-ressource could not be found. So the joint hierarchy could not be built. This is a translation from German, maybe the english message is a bit different.
Instructor
#9 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 7:47 AM
It makes perfect sense that the new one would not show until you edit the SHPE and/or GMND.
(You translated that perfectly, by the way.) I've seen that message several times. Usually it is something I link wrong or change without fix TGI. In this case, though, I am wondering if this object is slaved to another. If so, then the subset names have to match exactly. You may have to require both CEP Extras installed to make this one work, or make all the textures local in the GMND.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 8th Mar 2018 at 5:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by d4RE
It makes perfect sense that the new one would not show until you edit the SHPE and/or GMND.
(You translated that perfectly, by the way.) I've seen that message several times. Usually it is something I link wrong or change without fix TGI. In this case, though, I am wondering if this object is slaved to another. If so, then the subset names have to match exactly. You may have to require both CEP Extras installed to make this one work, or make all the textures local in the GMND.

Thank you.
Here is my new try: http://filehorst.de/d/czBdCBuB.
But it doesn't work, and I don't know why. I think I did it like in the description.
Instructor
#11 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 12:22 AM Last edited by d4RE : 9th Mar 2018 at 12:38 AM. Reason: bad typist
A few things you may need to go back through:

For help with the "parent CRES was not found" error, see here and here

Evidently, something is not linked correctly to the CRES. And I think it may be this:
(OK, I don't know how to put the picture in the post, so see pic below.)

Left side is Maxis package, right side is your CEP-Extra.
It looks like either you or Milkshape renamed the joints on the right side, and the CRES is looking for the names from the left side to put into the correct positions for animation.

Also, in the handle TXMT, there is a reflection cube added in the Properties tab, but not in the File List tab.

ETA: I was just re-looking at the picture, and noticed that the GMDC has been renamed as well. That is most likely what's causing the error popup.
Screenshots
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#12 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 12:53 AM
The reason for the cres hierarchy error is because you don't have a complete object in the package.

Armoires have joints, you cannot export them using obj. You need to use a format that supports joints, as Nysha pointed out in post #5. This is why the names are all incorrect.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 4:32 AM Last edited by gabilei123 : 11th Mar 2018 at 8:19 AM.
Thank you.

First I really used obj. But after Nysha pointed out, that I should export the GMDC and import it in Milkshape I did this. The problem comes when I want add a new group. I splitted armoire inside of Milkshape into 2 groups, but I could not rename the new group, the new name vanished while exporting and importing. So I renamed the group inside Simpe, and after that the joints loose theire names.

EDIT: Now I made working versions, one is repositoried to the BG-dresser, that should be used with HugeLunatics Extra-CEP.
The difference to my previous non working version is, that I pressed not "fix TGI" in GMDC after import.
I thought I had to do this, but without doing so, the joints loose not their names and the packages work.

I have uploaded it now.