Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Former Incubator of Tiberius
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jun 2009 at 1:31 PM
Default Neighborhood Landscape Pictures (v1)
In this thread, we try and improve our landscape picture taking techniques using the neighborhood camera. Show off your latest here!!

SIXAMSIMS @ TUMBLR
SIXAMSIMS @ LJ
- S2/S3 Sims For Download
Tiberius Arthur Glover - 06/09/09 / Atticus Oliver Leigh Glover - 08/12/09
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:43 PM

I love the scenery in TS3!

LJ
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 12th Jun 2009 at 1:46 PM
Beautiful pictures! I especially like the one of the pier.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:34 PM
I like the balloon

† mom, July 8, 2006 †
Mad Poster
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 10:50 PM
Some pics from my neighbourhood. I really miss the neighbourhood decoration capabilities of TS2. Reason why I have only built one house and slightely decorated another one. And I'm afraid to download houses for fear of destroying the "moodlets".

Littlesweetiecori, the second picture looks realy breathtaking. Love it.
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM Last edited by linuslover30 : 1st Jul 2009 at 6:09 PM. Reason: Image exceeds 175Kbs in file size!!
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:25 PM
Penny, I love all your pictures! They are so amazing- and the scenery is fabulous I agree.
lilsweetiecori, the second pic is beautiful! I'm jealous of your graphics.. the shadows on the house look very realistic.
moeppl, the black and white is really cool in the picture enhances it well.

These pics sure don't stand up to others in the thread, but here they are

Lab Assistant
#8 Old 22nd Jun 2009 at 11:27 PM
coolchimpy that last picture is absolutely stunning!! I love the light reflecting off the sea!
Field Researcher
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 6:28 AM
Wow, GORGEOUS pics, everyone! There are really some stunning views in Sunset Valley and Riverview.

I'm not sure if this is the right place for these pics, but I downloaded a clean Sunset Valley and am in the process of placing all of the rabbit hole buildings and adding landscaping around them (benches, lights, trees, etc.). I decided to put the "fun" places down by the pier (except for the theater -- it's a little too big). I'm calling the new town Clarey Beach.

Field Researcher
#10 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 11:43 AM
jenba - i love that idea ! it really makes the town feel more seaside-y

Head Of Staff @ LivingSims Magazine

Interested In Working At LivingSims ? Then Check This Out

Check Out My Sims 3 Houses @SimsArtGallery
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 4:30 PM
Gorgeous pics everyone!
I.NEED.SIMS.3! xD
Scholar
#12 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 5:32 PM
jenba: wow thats agreat idea...and i was just about to run off and download the blank hood....then i remembered: ill have to build all the houses
so now im not gonna do it. i have no creativity and im far to lazy
Field Researcher
#13 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 8:06 PM
Thanks, declandabest! Seaside-y is what I was going for.

Night Racer, you're right, it's a huge project, but you could always just keep the pre-made homes and just empty them of the pre-made Sims. You could copy them all to the library and then place them back in a different arrangement. Of course, some of the lots are weird sizes and nothing else will fit in them, but you could either leave the original lot there or build something only on those weird lots -- still a lot less to build than doing the whole town! Plus there's always lots from MTS and other sites...but yeah, I know what you mean. This will take awhile. I'd love to see some other people do it, though, because I'm sure they'd have great ideas, and I find it inspiring.
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 16th Jul 2009 at 6:52 PM
All the pictures in this thread are very pretty. I have to say that while the neighborhood decorating limits are less, the ability to take beautiful screenshots of the neighborhood are much better.
I only have taken one picture in neighborhood view so far.
Test Subject
#15 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 9:52 PM
So many gorgeous pics!

Mad Poster
#16 Old 19th Jul 2009 at 10:29 PM
Lovely picture Rainy_Day!

Here's my new downtown. Got inspired by Jenba's pictures and moved all shopping buildings by the sea.

Lab Assistant
#17 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 12:15 AM
crocobaura: I think I'm gonna click my heels and pop right into that pic, lol. I just love how realistic it looks.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 12:31 AM
Thanks! It does have a very nice feeling in game.
Field Researcher
#19 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 3:48 PM
Wow, I love that, Crocobaura! I like that you put more buildings down there than I did, and closer together, too. Looks more like a real town that way. I might just have to re-do mine.

Rainy_Day - That is such a pretty picture. Love the butterflies.

Sumpsychochic - Beautiful! Look at all those fishies jumpin'.
Scholar
#20 Old 20th Jul 2009 at 5:50 PM
Rainy day: WOW. thats really nice. at first i tohgut it was lsightly pjotoshopped.

maybee i will try it jenba..just to try new stuff :P
Field Researcher
#21 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 4:24 AM
WOW beautiful pics! I'm currently remaking Sunset Valley into what will hopefully be a recreation of my favorite hood from Ts2. The good part is that Sunset Valley's terrain is very similar to the one I had in Ts2, the only problem is that I can't place lots wherever I want
Scholar
#22 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 6:48 AM
heres my version of the seaside shops. I tried to go for a Boardwalk feel...but since the lots are not exectly next to each other (theres a 1 tile space between lots! WTF) its not exactly what i wanted...but i like it...now i need to figure out what to do with that massive rectangular lot all the old rabit hole buildings used to be in... :S

at night, when lit up, the boardwalk is to bright, to many street lights. but i couldnt care less at this point so its staying the way it is. :P
Field Researcher
#23 Old 21st Jul 2009 at 2:01 PM
That looks awesome, NightRacer! I love the wooden flooring on the sidewalk. It does give it a real boardwalk feel.

I do really like the look of the buildings closer together, too. Very nice.

And yeah, that one-tile space between the lots is annoying. :-/
Theorist
#24 Old 24th Jul 2009 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by crocobaura
Here's my new downtown. Got inspired by Jenba's pictures and moved all shopping buildings by the sea.

Quote: Originally posted by jenba
Wow, I love that, Crocobaura! I like that you put more buildings down there than I did, and closer together. I might just have to re-do mine.

So you we're influenced by something that was originally influenced by you?
Classic!

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 10:50 PM
Everyone's pictures are beautiful- especially Rainy_day's, that picture is so perfect.

Page 1 of 15