Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 6:57 PM
Default Modifying rabbithole: stadium + big show venue
Hey guys,

I'm currently working on my own version of Sunset Valley. I'd like to modify the Sunset Valley stadium to serve as both stadium and big show venue - like the stadium in Starlight Shores. I've never modded an object and tried to find information online. I think I could clone the Sunset Valley stadium with s3pe/s3oc but I don't know if or how I can add the function as big show venue. When I tried to locate the Starlight Shores stadium with S3PE I discovered that there is no such object but three different parts. Any suggestions?

Thank for your advice and greetings from Germany!
Marius
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 31st Mar 2018 at 9:07 PM
Hi,
if the new venue does not require any more slots it should work if you change the script. Basically just try it out.
You can do that with S3PE but you can also just use this: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=592332
to change it ingame. Just put the Starlight Shore rabbithole somewhere and use the mod to look up the script, then change it one the Sunset Valley stadium and see if it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Apr 2018 at 2:02 PM
Thanks for your help. Sadly it didn't work that way. You can't edit the Starlight Shore stadium, so I downloaded a placable version. I could actually get the script from it ("Sims3.Gameplay.Objects.Shells.StadiumShell") and pasted it on the Sunset Valley Stadium. Then I changed the lot type to "big show venue" - like with the Starlight Shores stadium. The Sunset Valley Stadium acted now as a big show venue but lost its properties as a stadium. I guess the problem is the Starlights Shore rabbit hole which seems to act differently than normal rabbit holes.