Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Apr 2018 at 5:17 PM
Default Hana Island - WIP
Hey fellow Simmers!

Since my first world, Miner's Cove, seems to have gotten some great responses, I figured I would try my hand at creating another world after a hiatus from the Sims. I've been working on my new world for a little while now, and thought I would post some screenshots and ideas for some feedback. This is going to be another tiny world (perfect for those of us who can't run larger worlds on our computers), this time built in a quaint Japanese style.

The tiny island of Hana, or "blossom" in Japanese, is a (completely fictional) island smack dab in the middle of a rather large freshwater lake. The island is covered in beautiful cherry trees, pink and white hydrangeas, and will have a very quaint feel to it once I am finished. (This and this are just a couple pieces of inspiration for the island)

I still have a long way to go, but here's what I've finished so far. I'm open to constructive criticism or suggestions!

Right now, I need to finish touching up the terrain before I can start building. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 6:04 PM
I like the look of this, it looks charming. Your layout looks good too, well thought out, I hope you finish this!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 7:49 PM
I think this is looking like a good start. It will be very fun to see this progress. The only change I might make is to make the one edge less straight and a bit more natural looking?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Apr 2018 at 10:21 PM
Default More updates~

I changed around some of the terrain sculpting/paint and added some more plants and such around the world, as you can see. Now I'm working on the lots.

P.S. Does anyone know if I can find tree planters (like the ones in the second pic around the cherry trees) in CAW? I placed a lot of cherry trees on pavement while editing in CAW and was hoping to put them in planters.
Scholar
#5 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lilyjosephine

I changed around some of the terrain sculpting/paint and added some more plants and such around the world, as you can see. Now I'm working on the lots.

P.S. Does anyone know if I can find tree planters (like the ones in the second pic around the cherry trees) in CAW? I placed a lot of cherry trees on pavement while editing in CAW and was hoping to put them in planters.

Those planters came with Pets. You may have to add the Pets package file for CAW from CAW resources to have them show up in CAW. I'm not sure. It's called Neighborhood Tree Guard.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 5:18 AM
I like the changed coastline. In several of my worlds I have done tiny lots that are pretty much trees with some border or whatever. I make one copy and put in the library and then use it all over town as wanted.

Is there some easier way to just put the trees on the lots you have instead of on the pavement?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 11th Apr 2018 at 10:19 PM Last edited by lilyjosephine : 12th Apr 2018 at 1:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by daisylee
I like the changed coastline. In several of my worlds I have done tiny lots that are pretty much trees with some border or whatever. I make one copy and put in the library and then use it all over town as wanted.

Is there some easier way to just put the trees on the lots you have instead of on the pavement?

My plan is to make most of the residential homes roughly the same and change minor details such as siding color, plants, lawn ornaments etc. And I actually found the tree guard! I just wasn't looking it up by the right name in CAW.

EDIT: I thought you were talking about residential lots. It didn't click right away that you meant that's how you place trees! Duhhh...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 2:29 AM
Yay that you found it.

I have done that. I did that in my Greek and Spider worlds. Made one house and then did variations. So much of my worlds is just for show. I do just enough to make them look lived in.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 12th Apr 2018 at 11:26 PM
Default Update #3
Over the past couple of days I've been working on the lots. I just need to finish up the residential lots for the most part and then it will be ready for testing! This will probably be my last update, as I don't want to spoil too much before I finally release the world.

P.S. I apologize for the poor quality of these pics... I took them while running EIG and needed to have my graphics low for it to run properly.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 14th Apr 2018 at 4:30 AM
Looks good! My only suggestion might be to recolor the stage perhaps to match the wood at the sides by the steps and do the edges?

It looks like this is a very pretty world with all the cherry trees.