Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:28 PM
Default Sims keep leaving objects on the ground
First of all, I don't know if that's the correct place to submit this, but I thought that it may be related to some mod?

Alright, let me explain my issue. Whenever I try to get my Sims to get the laundry (it also happens with the trash), they will go to pick it up, but then, instead of leaving the laundry to the washing machine or the trash to the bin, they just drop it on the ground. On the same place they took it. I have to manually move the laundry or trash and put them in the correct place. I don't know if I expressed myself well since English is not my mother language.
Oh and yes, I've tried to move the bin or the washing machine, rotate them in case they were with a wrong rotation and nothing. Any help is more than welcome
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:44 PM
Did you put the bin/washing machine with move objects on? if so, try without it (and without the ALT key as well)
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 5:52 PM
There are lots of things that cause this. Some of the things that can cause this are
- If 2 sims pick are cleaning up at the same time, they will interfere with each other and cause both of them to drop their items.
- If the sim cannot reach the destination for any reason, they will not throw away the trash or clean up laundry and just drop them on the floor. (Make sure that if you use move on object cheat that the sim is able to reach the trash can or laundry without obstruction)
You can also try a different floor plan and see if the sim will route better to the location.
- If you are using the nanotouch wireless trash can, when the light is red... it will not accept any new trash. If a sim is cleaning while this happens.. they will drop items on the floor instead. (try putting multiple machines or trash cans and see if it makes a difference)
- Sometimes things you do not notice can block an object... for example, a bookcase placed too close to a refrigerator can cause it to be inaccessible. Make sure the area around the objects you use are clear of any small obstructions such as decorations. check all the walls.
- Sometimes a lot can just become buggy due to mods and such causing strange things to happen. Save your house layout... move all your mods in your mod folder outside to a temporary folder. start a new game and try the house again without any mods. Can your sims clean up laundry now?

These are just some things you can check.

When an engineer says that something can't be done, it's a code phrase that means it's not fun to do.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#4 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 7:14 PM