Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Eminence Grise
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Aug 2014 at 5:59 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 7th Sep 2014 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Updated; part about "plz help figure it out" removed as it has successfully been figured out =) | Fixed outdated link
Default A fix for the ColorMagic swatch crash bug... in testing
First, there's a new version of CM out today that fixes some OTHER issues from previous versions: http://sims4.the-prof.net/?p=404

Second, Grant figured out a fix for the bug that causes certain recolors to crash the demo when you hover over the swatch. It seems that certain CASP instance IDs (generated by FNV from the item name you specify in Color Magic) cause the issue, and changing those IIDs in S4PE fixes the problem. I've tried this method on three previously bugged items, and it worked on all of em :D

See this thread for instructions on how to do that: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...c-bugfix#latest

Update 2014-08-27: (pbox)

Problem has been figured out, with the help of EA -- see here (granthes' blog) for details.
For up-to-date info see this forum.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 3:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Yeah, Grant got him a pair of files, same except for instance, one crashes the other doesn't, so now we put SimGuruModSquad to the test

As you saw in about 2 posts above, the EA SimGuru asked for a set of broken recolors to test. He was able to find out what the problem was and PM'd me this morning.

I'll be updating Color Magic and the rest of my tools to follow the guidelines he suggested and we'll see if that fixes the crash issue. I've also posted a new thread here on MTS as well as a blog post on my site giving the details of what the fix is since it applies to ALL custom content for the game.

codename: granthes -- Developer of Sims3/4 utilities
Now working on modding tools for the Sims 4 CAS Demo
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#3 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 6:40 PM
Stickifying and moving to CAS Parts so that creators hopefully also see it -- great to hear the cause of the problem was found!

granthes, can you comment on how reliable the current (unfixed) version would be for creating default overrides (as opposed to "regular" CC)? Is everything fine with that or would you advise cretors to wait for the fixed version and re-run their content in that?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Aug 2014 at 11:59 PM
Unsticking -- Update available (see granthes' post), Hovercrashing appears to be fixed. Awesome! =)

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.