Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 3:42 AM Last edited by Kurobara : 12th Oct 2016 at 6:11 AM.
Default Difficulties with S4PE
I tried to find how to fix my problem but I didn't find the answer.
Whichever file I open(I extracted using scumbumbo's file extractor), I get something like this in S4PE

Error reading resource 0x6017E896-0x00000000-0x000000000001A1A0
Front-end Distribution: 0.4.6-beta
Library Distribution: 0.4.6-beta

Source: s4pi.WrapperDealer
Assembly: s4pi.WrapperDealer, Version=1608.5.1146.12182, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null
Could not find a resource handler
----
Stack trace:
à s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.WrapperForType(String type, Int32 APIversion, Stream s) dans F:\SourceTree\Sims4Tools\s4pi\WrapperDealer\WrapperDealer.cs:ligne 128
à s4pi.WrapperDealer.WrapperDealer.GetResource(Int32 APIversion, IPackage pkg, IResourceIndexEntry rie, Boolean AlwaysDefault) dans F:\SourceTree\Sims4Tools\s4pi\WrapperDealer\WrapperDealer.cs:ligne 66
à S4PIDemoFE.MainForm.browserWidget1_SelectedResourceChanged(Object sender, ResourceChangedEventArgs e) dans F:\SourceTree\Sims4Tools\s4pe\MainForm.cs:ligne 2654
----
Advertisement
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Kurobara
Could not find a resource handler

Means it didn't like its unzipping process. You need to use 7zip and extract fully instead of choosing "open"

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 3:35 PM
I don't understand. How do I use 7zip? (And do I have to? I have WinRar)
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#4 Old 12th Oct 2016 at 4:18 PM
Well you may be able to do it with WinRAR but you have to extract rather than open, and you may have to consider changing your settings. Mostly people with this error find they need to use 7zip

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#5 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 12:28 AM
Get 7-zip here: http://www.7-zip.org

Use it to extract s4pe as it says on the download page.

So much for uploading in 7z format to get people to use 7-zip, lol.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 13th Oct 2016 at 5:17 AM
Thanks for trying to help. I redownloaded S4PE as an .exe and reinstalled it and now I'm good. I couldn't understand what I was supposed to extract with 7z until I reinstalled the program.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
#7 Old 15th Oct 2016 at 1:42 PM
S4pe doesn't come in an .exe. ?? Where did you download this?

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4