Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 7:50 PM
Default Wait. Aren't you a Family Sim?
Okay, so since Seasons I haven't had a chance to go play every house yet. So yesterday I went to play one of my favorite houses: Evelyn and John Astor. They're both family sims with 4 kids together (he has 3 with another woman). Before Seasons, Evelyn and John became elders; Evelyn's lifetime want was 3 kids graduated from college, John's is 6 kids married.
Now, after installing Seasons, Evelyn's lifetime want has completely changed, as have all her wants and fears. Although she still has the Family sim icon, now she wants 20 simultaneous lovers for her lifetime want, and all her other wants have to do with woohooing in the hottub.
I'm kinda bemused, I gotta wonder what happened. Has this happened to anyone else?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 7:52 PM
It's the spring air. Makes 'em all horny. :P

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
#3 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 9:24 PM
I'm having that problem too since installing Seasons. My knowledge Sim wants to be a business tycoon and my teen who aged after I installed Seasons became a pleasure Sim who wants to reach her golden anniversary. She walks around all day thinking about marriage and babies.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 11:05 PM
My Dumbledore sim (knowlege) suddenly wanted kisses once it shifted to Spring (and no, poor Albus doesn't have a girlfriend or boyfriend or anything, just generic kisses popped up in his wants). Once it shifted season, he's back to his bring on the skill points wants. Although if it's not Springtime, I have no idea.
Alchemist
#5 Old 26th Mar 2007 at 11:33 PM
My sims get romantic wants in spring too. I like it, it's a good opportunity to get those aspiration levels up.

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 12:08 AM
Yeah if its happening in Spring I think they do get the romantic wants as Spring apparently is a romantic time (someone tell my BF that!). Although I shouldn't think this would affect your LTW.

If you have insim or another hack try re-choosing their aspiration and choose family again, see if that changes the LTW. Then if it does, just keep re-rolling the LTW until you get the one you had before.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 1:39 AM
well, i don't have any hacks at all right now (it's an experiment) i might try some other way of changing it, or just ignore it since she's an elder and ain't no way I'm gonna try to get her 19 more lovers. shrug.
#8 Old 27th Mar 2007 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
It's the spring air. Makes 'em all horny. :P

ROFL! That made my day. Great answer!
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 5:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jokingsim82
Okay, so since Seasons I haven't had a chance to go play every house yet. So yesterday I went to play one of my favorite houses: Evelyn and John Astor. They're both family sims with 4 kids together (he has 3 with another woman). Before Seasons, Evelyn and John became elders; Evelyn's lifetime want was 3 kids graduated from college, John's is 6 kids married.
Now, after installing Seasons, Evelyn's lifetime want has completely changed, as have all her wants and fears. Although she still has the Family sim icon, now she wants 20 simultaneous lovers for her lifetime want, and all her other wants have to do with woohooing in the hottub.
I'm kinda bemused, I gotta wonder what happened. Has this happened to anyone else?

This is not a bug in Seasons per se but a bug related to existing neighborhood corruption when a new neighborhood is attached (as Seasons does with Riverblossom Hills) -- I've seen this happen to me with only basegame/Uni/NL.

The best thine I can suggest is be doubly sure to back up your NH's before installing Seasons and overwrite your hoods with your backups once Riverblossom Hills is attached. I took this step after installing Seasons and my LTW's are all kosher and my college grads/upperclassmen all have their extra wants slots.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Mar 2007 at 10:58 PM
Okay, I was thinking maybe I installed a hack I didn't know about - but all of my Sims can get any lifetime want! I don't mind it so much - I often reroll them per Sim/my wants and needs with the insim, but maybe it's a Seasons thing!