Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
#1026 Old 18th Oct 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
What about this cladding?

That looks better, although the windows seem a little odd to me at first glance as they're archetypal Georgian windows. But then the back of the house looks very Colonial Revival in style so they look very in-keeping on that side. It's almost like your house has two personalities. I'd orient/landscape around it so that the back can also be used as the front too.
Will we get to see a floor plan soon?

Also, my cropped country house now has the beginnings of its service wing, along with a cfe'd screen to shield visitors to the front door from having to look upon those below stairs.

Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
Oh but of course.
And a couple simple cottages.

I'm look forward to them already.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Alchemist
#1027 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 9:36 PM
Oh, but of course. I'll provide some floorplans asap. And the country home looks grand, @Fergus' Mind

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#1028 Old 23rd Oct 2017 at 11:24 PM
ill post some of my houses as soon as i can

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1029 Old 24th Oct 2017 at 3:26 PM
I've avoided clipping roofs as much as I could
Also provided some quick lightning for a better view.

Screenshots

#1030 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 12:50 PM
A month has passed, and I'm stuck.

Look at these bastards sitting there, waiting to be finished. Ugh.
Screenshots

#1031 Old 24th Nov 2017 at 7:45 PM
It's so busy these days. I'm glad I at least have some school work I can post on my blog.
Scholar
#1032 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 10:31 AM

Queen Annes can be very fussy and demanding, hence Queen Anne. Although I've no idea how the Americans and Australians derived that style/name from the original Dutch/British Queen Anne style. Maybe it should have been called the Marie Antoinette style?
Perhaps we might get to see more of that Second Empire/Italiante style house we can spot in the far left corner?
dodgy builder
#1033 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 2:40 PM
Marie Antoinette didn't build anything like it to my knowledge ... and then I'm ignoring the fact that she didn't build a thing, but then neither did her husband. She at least had that farm, he probably never touched a shovel in his life.

I don't know what this is, but I like it blue, light and comfortable.

Lucky me it's CC free, so should be easy enough to upload.
Screenshots
Alchemist
#1034 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 5:59 PM
It looks very interesting, but a tad confusing from the exterior point of view. I think I'm overwhelmed by the WW1 helmet-like roofs on the towers -which I do like, don't get me wrong- which shade the whole height of the wall, and it somehow bugs me that they're not..well.. proper tower-looking to me.

#1035 Old 28th Nov 2017 at 6:04 PM
It looks very interesting, but a tad confusing from the exterior point of view. I think I'm overwhelmed by the WW1 helmet-like roofs on the towers -which I do like, don't get me wrong- which shade the whole height of the wall, and it somehow bugs me that they're not..well.. proper tower-looking to me.

Yes, it's the new roof tools in ts4. Someone called them mushroom roofs, but ww1 helmets works too I can't just get on doing it like expected you know, that's not me At the same time I'm actually quite modest compared to some of crazy creations out there.
Alchemist
#1036 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 1:23 PM
Oh that's a very interesting new tool then It certainly has potential for some interesting (Fantasy) builds

#1037 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Marie Antoinette didn't build anything like it to my knowledge

I was thinking along the lines of fussy and demanding rather than aesthetic appearance.
I don't know what this is, but I like it blue, light and comfortable.

If it was a person I'd say it needed a haircut.
But other that the brodie helmets on the towers the exterior looks like a really cool 1890's hotel.
dodgy builder
#1038 Old 29th Nov 2017 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
I was thinking along the lines of fussy and demanding rather than aesthetic appearance.

I'm pretty convinced being a Frence Queen is all about being fussy and demanding, and from what I've heard she was more interested about being a farmer, ergo NOT demanding

Quote: Originally posted by Fergus' Mind
If it was a person I'd say it needed a haircut.
But other that the brodie helmets on the towers the exterior looks like a really cool 1890's hotel.

Haircut! priceless!
Looking like 1890's hotels sounds quite accurate. We would probably call that Swiss style or Dragonstyle if it was heavier in colors.
Scholar
#1039 Old 6th Dec 2017 at 12:12 PM
I'm pretty convinced being a Frence Queen is all about being fussy and demanding, and from what I've heard she was more interested about being a farmer, ergo NOT demanding

I see what you're getting at, but coming from a farming family I'd object to the notion of farming not being fussy or demanding, it's probably the fussiest and most demanding job I know.
Thanks to you the exterior of my stately home is just about finished, minus landscaping, and so I can now move on to the interior...

In the Piano Nobile it now has a Marble Hall, Blue Saloon, Ballroom, Gold Parlour/Dining Room, then down in the rusticated ground floor/cellars it has a "Roman Bath" and a Grotto, as well as the service rooms. I've also laid out the state apartments upstairs and the family suites across the courtyard in the Tudor wing. The Tudor wing has also been amended to give it a moat and gate lodge/portcullis, although looking at it now I think I may need to play about with the oriel window a bit more.

Forum Resident
#1040 Old 9th Dec 2017 at 10:44 PM
Hey Guys i am back. sorry for the delay
Amazing work all of you!
Here is a few shots of finished chateau And a decided to start work on a mini version of it as well!
Will be uploading the Manor shortly

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1041 Old 10th Dec 2017 at 3:59 PM
Love the idea of a mini version!

#1042 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 12:06 AM
This chateaux is part of my Gilded Age inspired "Cottages"

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#1043 Old 12th Dec 2017 at 12:09 AM

I seriously know exactly what you mean! UGH! My creative juices are lost at times! Its so hard to get back into building even yet finishing! haha

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#1044 Old 13th Dec 2017 at 11:23 PM
I seriously know exactly what you mean! UGH! My creative juices are lost at times! Its so hard to get back into building even yet finishing! haha

Yeah finishing a project is sometimes the hardest part. I have that whole bunch in my game with only finished shells, but I think that's due to the fact that I want to out-do myself with every new home I start. I'm in the process of setting my own standards too high, for whatever reason.

#1045 Old 17th Dec 2017 at 10:29 AM Last edited by Fergus' Mind : 17th Dec 2017 at 7:46 PM.
Yeah finishing a project is sometimes the hardest part. I have that whole bunch in my game with only finished shells, but I think that's due to the fact that I want to out-do myself with every new home I start. I'm in the process of setting my own standards too high, for whatever reason.

It's also very difficult finishing a project when you get ideas for other projects midway through the original project and have to start creating the new projects immediately so that you don't forget them.

Midway through my stately home project I've started another project, this time inspired by Mapperton House after seeing it in the recent adaptation 'Far From The Madding Crowd'.

Although the backstory I've come up with is that it was originally built as a Tudor H-plan house, the central range was updated in the Jacobean era, and then one of the side wings was lost in a fire and the rubble was used to renovate the rest of the house in the Arts and Crafts era an create the hodge-podge that you see on the back of the Jacobean front. You'll have to excuse the shrubs floating up the side of the house, I was experimenting to try and create ivy without using cc.

And just like that I've been distracted by TudorMan's chateau and ended up starting a chateau of my own, admittedly the roof in unnecessarily complicated and took ages, during the process of roofing it went from being a moated medieval chateau to a moated 17th/18th century Baroque manoir.

Screenshots
dodgy builder
#1046 Old 18th Dec 2017 at 6:36 PM
Ahe yellow! me like! :lovestruc

The WWI mushroom house is finished. and I'm preparing the upload etc. I'm off for Rome on wednesday, so time is short I will be gone for 8 days

Then I started on a xmas house. I was hoping for some snow, but I have to mod my way there, so I don't know ... and snowcovered trees and flowers etc.

Screenshots
Scholar
#1047 Old 21st Dec 2017 at 4:53 PM
Ahe yellow! me like! :lovestruc

Glad to hear it! especially coming from the Queen of Colour.
I'm off for Rome on wednesday, so time is short I will be gone for 8 days

Sounds fun! I expect you'l find lots of inspiration there too!
Forum Resident
#1048 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 3:51 AM
Ugh! I submitted my chateau and they say it has custom content! I didnt even use any custom content! Such a pain!

C.T.HOLKO88
Top Secret Researcher
#1049 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 7:00 AM
Tudorman- two possibilities, if you submitted it as a library file instead of a sims3pack, it will read the library file as cc. The other is that you have hitchhiking cc attached to your sims3pack. If you need help clearing the cc, send me a pm and I can help (after Christmas).

Need help building? Mentoring4Builders: Click Here
Get in the swim- Mermaidia
New at Simszoo
dodgy builder
#1050 Old 24th Dec 2017 at 8:40 AM
Ugh! I submitted my chateau and they say it has custom content! I didnt even use any custom content! Such a pain!

Download custard: http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=390235

Check the content for your sims3pack.

You should use package files instead, much easier to control.

Page 42 of 98