Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:25 PM
Default Decoding game music?
Hi, I have a question. I REALLY like some of the music for Medieval - one piece in particular and would like to be able to listen to it when not playing the game. (MP3 format, preferably)

I have used SMPE to extract the audio files from the game. It worked no problem.
After searching around, I found a utility called 'SIms Sound Converter' and gave that a shot to turn the sns/snr files into something useful, but *NONE* of the steps in that program worked. (The program itself did, its just none of the stuff was successful. lol)

Does anyone else have any better ideas on how to turn these sns files into something we can actually *USE*?

I realize Medieval's different from Sims3 so, perhaps, the encoding is somewhat different. But. . .what does that leave us with?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 10:34 PM
Doesn't EA have a specific online store for getting Music from thier games?
Instructor
#3 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 11:17 PM
The special edition pack had a CD with the music...

"Deep down I'm pretty superficial"

Test Subject
#4 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 1:43 AM
The soundtrack is available on iTunes as an album download - I think it's $2.99.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 8th Apr 2011 at 3:54 AM
Oh, well, I guess they got smart - releasing the music separately too. rotflol

Thanks! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 12th Apr 2011 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elentarien
Hi, I have a question. I REALLY like some of the music for Medieval - one piece in particular and would like to be able to listen to it when not playing the game. (MP3 format, preferably)

I have used SMPE to extract the audio files from the game. It worked no problem.
After searching around, I found a utility called 'SIms Sound Converter' and gave that a shot to turn the sns/snr files into something useful, but *NONE* of the steps in that program worked. (The program itself did, its just none of the stuff was successful. lol)

Does anyone else have any better ideas on how to turn these sns files into something we can actually *USE*?

I realize Medieval's different from Sims3 so, perhaps, the encoding is somewhat different. But. . .what does that leave us with?

hmm weird... I've extracted all the files from the Medieval and succesfully converted into mp3 files using that method
Test Subject
#7 Old 14th Apr 2011 at 4:05 AM
I've ripped the music from Medieval already. But if you want to do it yourself download S3PE and Zenchreal's EALayer3 tool found here

Use the S3P3 to find files with the _AUD type, extract them and then use the tool to convert the .sns files to .wav or mp3.