Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:12 AM
Weird Marriage Block
I have never had this happen before.

I'm playing a sim who is in the middle level of the Science career from the Get to Work EP, and for some odd reason, she can't marry ANYONE.
She was able to get engaged to an older gentleman whose only employment was his retirement in the Criminal career, but when they went to marry, the option was greyed-out. The game claimed that "marrying a sim in your employ would be in inappropriate." It implored me to "Dismiss them from their role to further pursue a relationship." After he died of old age, she found another sim she wished to wed, who had no employment at all. The same problem occurred, however. I broke off their engagement and added a CAS created sim to the household. They fell in love and wished to marry. Once again, the option was greyed-out. I even had her quit her own career, but the game still insists that her intended is in her employ. Has anyone ever seen this before? Why does it happen?

Edit: I am enclosing a screenshot of the issue.

Edit 2: Sorry about that. I don't know why it posted the image twice.
Screenshots

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 4:37 PM
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...me/td-p/6443694

I think I see what happened. I was experimenting with the social options on the MC Command Center mod because story progression sucks--everyone is dying off in the neighborhood! I know I enabled the proposal of marriage in the hope of inspiring the npcs to action...one of them must have asked her to be their girlfriend autonomously.

Thank you for the link. I'll try to load the game tonight and see if my suspicions are true.

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Scholar
#4 Old 13th Nov 2018 at 8:42 PM
There was a patch today, a massive one.. so pay attention
MCCC already got updated, so you'll need to redownload, but most of the other mods are still in the wait..